Assassins Creed Unity [PS4, XO]

DieH@rd

Legend
Qu'ils mangent de la brioche [Let them eat cake]! We have been working on the new Assassin's Creed for more than three years and although we weren't quite ready to show you our full vision for a next-gen only AC, it seems Abstergo are trying to force our hand! So here's a true first look at in-game footage from Assassin's Creed Unity. Stay tuned - we'll have many more exciting details for you in the months ahead!

Wooow! Now this is impressive! Dat nextgen look. :oops:

edit-
Gamersyde link [400MB for 68 seconds of video :D ] - http://www.gamersyde.com/news_assassin_s_creed_unity_sneak_peek-15125_en.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply astonishing. This is an Alpha though, they could retocn most of that for the sake of performance, However the fact this is next gen only is slightly assuring.

HQ video showcases countless signs of real-time rendering, although it's a shame we did not get glimpse of "busy city streets". We will get that at E3 Ubi pressconf. :)

Yeah, flickering textures and aliasing, the footage is realtime alright,though the video states at the beginning that it's an alpha footage.

WOW - If that's in engine and representitive of gameplay then it's hands down the best "next gen" graphics I've seen so far. Then again, I'd expect nothing lest from the AC series. This just moved to top of my list (after GTA5 actually).

WOW - If that's in engine and representitive of gameplay then it's hands down the best "next gen" graphics I've seen so far. Then again, I'd expect nothing lest from the AC series. This just moved to top of my list (after GTA5 actually).

Although I played all main AC games on the consoles (Except Black Flag since I am waiting to get a PS4 first to play the good version) and liked them, I cant really say that the games were technically very impressive. But this one if it maintains that quality on the consoles then DAMN! This is exemplary of next gen visuals

People are sayin that this is a bullshot trailer...now taking all the other bullshot controversies out of the equation(aka ignoring that this is ubi..), why would any of what was shown in that trailer not be doable for next gen? The amount of ram should easily allow for tons more characters on screen, heck DR3 does it just fine even if they are dumb zombies

Between this and The Division, Ubi is going to rule the war of next gen graphics. And they've got the manpower to do it... :eek:

That was very impressive, but still a little disappointed by lack of PoM in another next-gen game ;\

After AC4 AC is now a pirate game to me but I doubt cruising on the Saine makes that a glory experience.

It goes back to the AC2 trilogy for me, which was by far the best part of the series. A city like Paris during that period has a hell of a lot to offer.

If their schedule holds up, Ubi will in the next 12 months release 1 big crossgen game [WatchDogs] and 4 nextgen-only games - The Crew, AC Unity, The Division and Far Cry 4 [rumored by Eurogamer to be locked for Q1 2015].

I am very much interested how much will this quick adoption of nextgen-only games have impact on sales of both hardware and software, and how much will Ubi manage to "raise the bar" for other developers IQ-vize.

They finally did something good with the lighting for once in an AC game, the lighting just looked down right poor in all the previous titles. After watching Gamresyde's vid, most of it looked well within the reach of currentgen consoles and PC, the crowd did look impressive but after the latest Hitman I think it's not so crazy after all. Still I'm expecting some sort of downgrade just because it's Ubi.

Looks impressive! Physically based lighting is the solution for all your next-gen needs. That indoor scene in the beginning looks Ryse quality.

Hitman Absolution crowds:

hitman-absolution-test-07.jpg

2012-11-20_00016-1024x576.jpg

hitman_review_3.png

Hitman-crowd-tech.jpg

That engine can supposedly manage crowd as large as 1200 people on PS3 at 30fps

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that looks next gen!
Hope they won't downgrade five months before release! :p

So... you hope they wont downgrade in the next ~45 days? :D

BTW, pressure against Ubisoft PR is really incredible on GAF. I presume that Ubi's plans for promoting ACU, Division, Crew and FC4 are being changed right now. ACU has already received much different unveil than any other AC game.

Back