Infamous vs. Titanfall sales. And WTF is 'hype' anyway?? *spawn

Perhaps to stop any further leveraging of semantic cues the forum should include a commonly, in the games market, used lexicon with standard definitions that everyone agrees, or has to, with by using the forum?
I would be so up for that! :devilish:

Oh, you mean using established standard words, and not:

Biscuit - noun - a higher than typical amount of marketing/promotional investment in a product to generate public mindshare.

"Insomniac has a lot more biscuit surrounding it than TF."
"Rubbish. MS has been laying on the TF biscuit for months prior to launch. Whatever forum biscuit you think there is for Infamous is mostly strawberry topping."

Strawberry topping - noun - social discussion about a current product, service, or other item of interest.

Biscuit - noun - a higher than typical amount of marketing/promotional investment in a product to generate public mindshare.

"Rubbish. MS has been laying on the TF biscuit for months prior to launch. Whatever forum biscuit you think there is for Infamous is mostly strawberry topping."

Strawberry topping - noun - social discussion about a current product, service, or other item of interest.

Sounds like we need a Tea Party!

This thread is dumb. Who gives a shit which has more hype, word of mouth or marketing?

Apparently Rangers. He is playing the expectations game. If he can convince everyone that Infamous is a super hyped messiah of gaming, then when it does not beat TF on NPDs he can write a post on how TF over-performed and Infamous under-performed.

Reminds me of 2008 when Bush debated Kerry. The Bush people would talk up Kerry as the world's best debater. It's very strategic.

Apparently Rangers. He is playing the expectations game. If he can convince everyone that Infamous is a super hyped messiah of gaming, then when it does not beat TF on NPDs he can write a post on how TF over-performed and Infamous under-performed.

Reminds me of 2008 when Bush debated Kerry. The Bush people would talk up Kerry as the world's best debater. It's very strategic.

Yah, two different games on two different platforms. They really aren't competing against each other in any way. They just happen to be out at the same time.

I think both will do great numbers...

Titanfall will most definitely secure about 70% of the XB1 user base, and probably pushed an additional 300k XB1 units out the door.

Infamous will probably secure about 60% of the PS4 user base, and push any fence sitters on purchasing PS4.

2004. For Rangers anything that hypes up one of the worst looking games across generations that he has seen must be a bit problematic.:devilish:

2004. For Rangers anything that hypes up one of the worst looking games across generations that he has seen must be a bit problematic.:devilish:

What I find strange; is that MS hasn't made any mention (noise) of solid numbers from Titanfall sales - software and bundle wise. :???:

The only blurp I heard was "hundreds of thousands of players are enjoying Titanfall". Something like that... :???:

Apples? Oranges?

Short of each being one of very, very few games on the new systems, I see no correlation whatsoever.

I would be so up for that! :devilish:

Oh, you mean using established standard words, and not:

You have some serious spare time in your hands.

Titanfall will most definitely secure about 70% of the XB1 user base, and probably pushed an additional 300k XB1 units out the door.

Infamous will probably secure about 60% of the PS4 user base, and push any fence sitters on purchasing PS4.

You are such an optimist.

Am I right in thinking Titanfall is only playable with live gold membership? I've not heard of any wavers from Microsoft.
Have there been any figures released for the percentage of Xbox one owners who have opted for gold membership because I think that 70% number may be way too high.

Am I right in thinking Titanfall is only playable with live gold membership? I've not heard of any wavers from Microsoft.
Have there been any figures released for the percentage of Xbox one owners who have opted for gold membership because I think that 70% number may be way too high.

Do you think 70% sell through is too high for Titanfall or 70% of XB1 owners having Gold memberships is too high?

Do you think 70% sell through is too high for Titanfall or 70% of XB1 owners having Gold memberships is too high?

Sorry I wasn't very clear. I think 70% sell through is too high since the game requires gold membership to run.

Huge pinch of salt time but rumour about Infamous:

Courtesy of our close amigo at SCE, as of March 18,2014, the game has 1 million pre-orders globally. This is the first time pre-orders for any next-gen game has reached a million before release. Below is the breakdown for the pre-orders of the game :
North America : 417,000
PAL/Europe ~326,000 . An additional ~100,000 pre-orders for the PS4-Infamous bundle.
We have gotten digital pre-order numbers for the game, which is a little over 190,000 units globally. We just do not have the split in terms of region, but we have been informed that SONY is prepping to ship around 400,000 PS4 consoles during Infamous launch weekend, globally. By looking at the pre-order numbers, it seems SONY is turning Microsoft's dream of a digital future into reality.

Seems realistic numbers for pre-order but...

I think it's safe to say, Infamous has outsold Titanfall in the UK (so far).

Sucker Punch’s inFAMOUS: Second Son has maintained its lead on the U.K. All Format Chart, despite a 67 per cent drop in sales compared to its debut week.

The superhero sequel was responsible for an estimated 106 per cent rise in PlayStation 4 hardware sales, and is reported to have already sold one million copies.

1. INFAMOUS: SECOND SON
2. METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES
3. TITANFALL
4. FIFA 14
5. THE LEGO MOVIE VIDEOGAME
6. DIABLO 3: REAPER OF SOULS
7. SOUTH PARK: THE STICK OF TRUTH
8. CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS
9. MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITION
10. FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD REMASTER
11. PLANTS VS ZOMBIES: GARDEN WARFARE
12. DARK SOULS 2