Batman: Arkham Knight [PS4,XO]

Engine movies can probably drop a lot of dynamic lights and use baked HDR image based sources instead... The cinematics do look realtime, they even have aliasing.

Looks like the Samaritan demo to me.

the actual gameplay looks nothing like that. The gameplay parts are clearly discenrable in the trailer. The shots above show th eactual gameplay quality very clearly. There's nothing of the Samaritan demo kind here. No reflections or area lights or even shadowing or shading.

image_batman_arkham_knight-25050-2899_0009.jpg

Yeah have to say it's true that gameplay shots don't quite give the cutscene quality :(, the lack of SSR is a sore thumb for this kind of game. But I'm still holding on hope to see a better showing at E3, the trailer has too many cuts to get a consistent look anyway.

I'm not surprised but good. As I've said before I'd much rather publishers push back games and get them right, rather than push them out in the state they are in just to hit a release date.

One less reason to buy a XB1 this year. Guess I get a reprieve & more time to save for the system. Just hope I don't need to buy a replacement 360.

The Batmobile is looking like it will be fun, especially in a fully realized Gotham City. Awesome!

Tommy McClain

Shadow of Mrodor, which is also made by WB, will have more chances to succeed now that AK it's out of the way.

Shadow of Mrodor, which is also made by WB, will have more chances to succeed now that AK it's out of the way.
October was (and still is) looking cluttered with Alien Isolation, Shadows of Mordor, Dragon Age Inquisition and DriveClub all out on week commencing 6 October. In November Call of Duty Advanced Warfare and Far Cry 4 are just two weeks apart.

Busy Fall!

Delay sucks for sure. I think it's probably going to be the worst Christmas season for gaming in a long time. Everything that I want to play has been delayed.

I guess there will be COD, BF, Destiny, sports games, racing games .... that it? Not a lot there I'm interested in.

Delay sucks for sure. I think it's probably going to be the worst Christmas season for gaming in a long time. Everything that I want to play has been delayed.

I guess there will be COD, BF, Destiny, sports games, racing games .... that it? Not a lot there I'm interested in.

End of the year is still pretty crowded.

Summer drought ends with Destiny, and after it we have October and November with:
- Alien: Isolation
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Driveclub
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
- Evolve
- The Evil Within
- two Assassins Creed games
- Far Cry 4
- Project CARS
- Forza Horizon 2
- Sunset Overdrive
- COD Advanced Warfare
- Battlefield Hardline
- several sports games [NFL, NHL, NBA]
+ probably Bayo and Smash WiiU
+ maybe more [lets wait for E3]

That's a lot of games for any holliday season, and more than enough to provide great boost of install base for both nextgen consoles.

Are Sunset Overdrive and Dragon Age this year? I thought they were both 2015. Getting off topic though.

Batman ... what a cool guy.

Delay may be an attempt to prevent/preempt possible backfire due to unprecedented gamer hype after stealth CGI/bullshots ;)

Well one thing is sure, the latest Batman trailer [Evening the Odds] was not CGI. It was pretty low-res and aliased.

Sh#%!!!! Just about every game I was looking forward to playing has slipped to 2015. I bet all the devs with announced/unannounced games slated for 2015 are pissing a b#%^.

It's completely obvious to me that the engine has two very different rendering modes, even if the cinematics are real time rendered they're still using a very significant upgrade in asset quality, lighting and probably shading as well. The screenshots also have supersampled AA.

They're setting themselves up for a serious internet backlash so far, IMHO.

Agreed. The batmobile video on gamersyde is probably a more accurate representation of what we should expect. Which is still not as big a drop off as WD, so while they make get some flack. They'll be fine for the most part.

Back