Warframe [PS4, XO]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just recently the reward for completing a mission just doesn't justify the effort needed to finish it. Never mind the frustration of never really feeling like some space ninja. It's impossible to actually do a stealth mission, even if you are super careful to kill all the enemy without raising an alarm it just goes and re-spawns them behind you anyway making it a waste of time. I'm now encountering enemy that are killing my level 30 warframes with one shot - no matter what mods I have on board or what HP\Shields I have.

I guess this is the point where they have you start spending money on buffing up if you want to progress any further. But I don't see the point in that, it's not like you get a better experience for your money. Just the same only slightly less frustrating!

What enemy is one shotting you? I've fought level 100+ enemies in ODD, but even they had trouble one shotting my fragile Nova.

DE has said they want to improve the stealth, and have special stealth missions.

Updating right now, will give it a spin again. Been a long time now and whatever little gaming time I got , got spent on MGS and Infamous. Usually its just my niece on the ps4 these days, she got holidays.

Hope I haven't forgotten my flow ! Weird to hear what u guys are saying about breaking the game. It was a super fluid experience uptill the last time I played. I am actually looking forward to playing the new mission types, haven't even tried interception yet. Its on Earth,right? I will take my Mag for a spin as she is all suited up. Nyx is still a weakling. Oh, my level 0 grakata, haven't even fired it once yet !

Played some, gfx are definitely cleaner than I remember, I think my problems with the iQ are now gone. But I also found it "faster" than before, as if FPS has also increased. But I could be remembering wrong, but there were no slowdowns in todays play at all. Felt like 60 fps to me.

My custom controls got messed up in the update. ALso, I still don't get the new UI which came with 11. Which of my powers are ready touse? ALso, even when I have max power collected, I am able to only shoot psychic boltslowest power of Nyx) and not the others. I just can't ell.

Can some one explain that to me? Earlier, the powers which were ready for use were clearly highlighted on the HUD. Now there are some dots under my reticule and a display on the side where I can never tell which is ready. I am missing some basic info here in deciphering the HUD, thats all.

EDIT: BTW:

Fy19OKW.jpg

Coolest game for quite some time for me and best F2P for sure ! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem are mostly with Void missions. The regular missions seem to be fine.

My custom controls got messed up in the update. ALso, I still don't get the new UI which came with 11. Which of my powers are ready touse? ALso, even when I have max power collected, I am able to only shoot psychic boltslowest power of Nyx) and not the others. I just can't ell.

Can some one explain that to me? Earlier, the powers which were ready for use were clearly highlighted on the HUD. Now there are some dots under my reticule and a display on the side where I can never tell which is ready. I am missing some basic info here in deciphering the HUD, thats all.

I never look at the dots. I know the powers use 25, 50, 75, and 100 energy. So depending on how much energy I have I know which powers I can use.

The reasons why you can't use the other powers of Nyx I can think of is if you haven't equipped the mods of her powers.

The problem are mostly with Void missions. The regular missions seem to be fine.

I never look at the dots. I know the powers use 25, 50, 75, and 100 energy. So depending on how much energy I have I know which powers I can use.

The reasons why you can't use the other powers of Nyx I can think of is if you haven't equipped the mods of her powers.

I have, of course ! Its a problem ever since the new UI. I will post a screen and ask again. Even when my power is full, I try all buttons assigned to powers, yet only Psychic Bolts work. Then randomnly sometimes the absorb power kicks in.

Has anyone tried the apps? I've downloaded the official nexus app and it is mostly informational. But there is another 'warframe utility' that is really good. It gives you all the same info but has sections where you can test out mods on weapons and warframes to see what the effects are. Pretty handy because it's now always clear in the game itself.

What enemy is one shotting you? I've fought level 100+ enemies in ODD, but even they had trouble one shotting my fragile Nova.

DE has said they want to improve the stealth, and have special stealth missions.

It seems to be the life leaders that get me. It always happens so fast that I never really get chance to see. One second I'm laying waste and the next I'm bleeding out.

I maxed out the shred mod - 1.2 punch through and 25% fire speed. It's great fun waiting till enemies are lined up and then taking them out with one shot, 6 is my current record! Trouble is it throws whatever you hit halfway across the screen, which often alerts enemies that wouldn't ordinarily notice.

It seems to be the life leaders that get me. It always happens so fast that I never really get chance to see. One second I'm laying waste and the next I'm bleeding out.

I maxed out the shred mod - 1.2 punch through and 25% fire speed. It's great fun waiting till enemies are lined up and then taking them out with one shot, 6 is my current record! Trouble is it throws whatever you hit halfway across the screen, which often alerts enemies that wouldn't ordinarily notice.

The last patch made some changes to the difficulty of the Interception missions. Hopefully we won't multiple leaders appearing again.

Are you sure it's the punch through that's throwing enemies back? Some weapons cause enemies to be thrown back like the Boltor or all of the bows.

I got some excellent Corrupted mods over the last few days. Fleeting Expertise to cut my energy consumption in half. Overextended for more range on my abilities. Heavy Caliber for even more rifle damage. It goes well with my now fully upgraded Serration. And a bunch of others. Corrupted mods give a massive boost to one stat at the cost a great decrease to another stat. But for some Warframes and weapons certain decreased stats hardly matter.

I also tried to fight the new death mark bosses by getting their death mark from invasion missions. After the first invasion I got their death mark, and by the forth they showed up. With 2 players against the 3 of them it was an intense fight, but we beat them. They dropped Split Chamber, Hell's Chamber and Natural Talent.

Meanwhile I've been killing plenty of bosses for Stalker's death mark. But he never gives it. And when he does come after another, he never drops anything good when we kill him. I still have Harvester's death mark but he still hasn't shown up.

Speak of the devil, Stalker invaded me. He really doesn't understand that whole vengeance thing. Nobody likes Lephantis. Anyway, he still didn't drop a blueprint.

I just played an infestation level that consisted of solely ancient disruptors. Nothing else at all. Luckily I had the Ignis equipped so it didn't really matter!

I think I may have had a visitation from one of the Gustag(?) three. But I was on my own and it didn't last long :LOL:

Been clearing out my mod collection. Who needs 125 Revenge mods! Trying to max all the best ones out and rethinking my load out for the warframes and re-levelling my Akstiletto after applying a forma to them.

If it was someone from the Grustrag 3 and you died because of them, they would have installed a bolt on your warframe that decreases your damage against Grineer 50%. And should you have a blueprint to remove it.

I've also been fusing mods just because I can. Fusing together anything I have plenty of. I wanted to rank up a good mod I found and fusing 100 Reach mods with it did the trick.

I wanted to get all the Warframes that are best to fill a particular role or have some unique ability. Nekros being build right now because I want his Desecrate ability to get a second chance at the drops from the Grustrag 3. And I want Trinity for a good support class, but I still need her Systems blueprint. I still have Ember Prime, and I've only just started leveling up Volt.

It mustn't have been as I have no such blueprint. Though I did sell all my blueprints yesterday, housekeeping!

I've now got the phage, weird alien goo streaming shotgun ray machine. Just putting a few levels on it to see what its like.

I was thinking of making the Phage. Let me know how good it is.

All of the clan research should be done soon. Now we only need to research stuff if it's added by updates.

I'm trying to get all of the crappy weapons done just to get them out of the way to get my mastery rank up. I don't want to sell anything good to make space for something else, or spend platinum on slots for weapons I don't like.

There is another "gift of the Lotus" alert mission, it's supposed give you an Orokin Catalyst, but something is wrong right now so it doesn't. DE is looking into it.

I was thinking of making the Phage. Let me know how good it is.

All of the clan research should be done soon. Now we only need to research stuff if it's added by updates.

I'm trying to get all of the crappy weapons done just to get them out of the way to get my mastery rank up. I don't want to sell anything good to make space for something else, or spend platinum on slots for weapons I don't like.

There is another "gift of the Lotus" alert mission, it's supposed give you an Orokin Catalyst, but something is wrong right now so it doesn't. DE is looking into it.

The Phage is... interesting. It doesn't fire a shot but a constant stream which starts as 5 separate thin streams which do small amounts of damage but when you aim they converge into one single stream that does lots of damage - even unranked.

But because you have to aim its quite slow but its uses very little ammo so you can use it like the ignis. It's classed as a shotgun though which is a little weird. Its a pity you can't share weapons amongst your clan members, I've just put Forma on my Karak and Ignis so I need to level them up again. Though I'm really liking the Dera, 100% accuracy over long distances - which make its more of a sniper rifle, more so with the Eagle Mod on maxed out (+40% zoom).

The Phage is... interesting. It doesn't fire a shot but a constant stream which starts as 5 separate thin streams which do small amounts of damage but when you aim they converge into one single stream that does lots of damage - even unranked.

But because you have to aim its quite slow but its uses very little ammo so you can use it like the ignis. It's classed as a shotgun though which is a little weird. Its a pity you can't share weapons amongst your clan members, I've just put Forma on my Karak and Ignis so I need to level them up again. Though I'm really liking the Dera, 100% accuracy over long distances - which make its more of a sniper rifle, more so with the Eagle Mod on maxed out (+40% zoom).

I haven't made any of those. I guess I've been focusing a little too much on the weaker guns.

I have made the Lanka sniper rilfe. It's very powerful, but it needs to charge for every shot. If you're in a group that's rushing though the levels, you're not going to be making many kills. It does have punch through by default. The wiki says it's 5 meters, but it doesn't feel like that much.

I've also made the Djinn Sentinel, which is really starting to annoy me. It never uses it's more powerful ability Fatal Attraction, only Thumper, which has incredible range but poor accuracy. It's always firing, even when there are no enemies around, then it just targets cameras in completely different rooms.

I've stuck with Shade for my sentinel as it has the Ghost ability which makes you invisible, until you attack, when enemies are near. But the AI for the sentinels is probably the dummest ever. It just seems random when it uses its abilities. It would be much better if they had a duration and cool down period and you could engage them yourself.

I forgot to say that the base damage on the Phage is 330 which beats the Torid at 300 (but the Torid does have 100% accuracy. But the range is just short of your toes... I can see it being a clearer of rooms, especially infested.

I've got hopes for the Phage though, it has a pretty long range and once you've got it firing it pretty much deadly. I don't know if it is a bug though that as long as you keep your finger on the trigger you can choose how wide the focus is by letting go of aim at the point you choose. Also, and this must be a bug, Ghost will either cloak or keep me cloaked when I'm firing it.

I've given up on the Miter. It is bugged as far as I can tell. It does point damage like a rifle etc and not damage from the edges of the disks so it makes it a bit useless really.

I still fallback to the Karak though. It's just too good! And I've tweaked Ember so that apart from the 4 abilities (at max) I've modded her with Energy increases and effect increases. I can take out a 20+ heavy rocketeer with 1 fireball.

I tried doing a nightmare mission with my level 12 Volt. The normal enemies were level 3 to 5, so I figured the nightmare enemies would be around level 15. I was wrong, they we're level 30. But no problem, I had a teammate who was killing them just fine. Then he got shot down and died when I got shot down trying to revive him. I decided to come back, but he didn't. This was a nightmare mission where your health constantly drains, but Volt has good shields so whatever. Just when I was nearly out of health the Harvester showed up. I basically got one shotted. I had to do the whole escape mission thing which was interesting.

Shade is the Sentinel I sold to make room for Djinn. I liked the invisibility, but it was just too unreliable. I'll use Loki if I want invisibility. But yeah, the sentinel AI isn't very good. Carrier is my go to sentinel. It always vacuums up ammo items, keeping me supplied during hectic moments. And it has a shotgun that deals a good amount of damage. It definitely feels more effective then other sentinel weapons. In fact it's quite the little kill stealer at lower levels. Because it's a shotgun I also won't have to share my mods between it and my rifles.

If you like the Karak you should definitely try the Soma. You get the same accuracy and fire rate, but with a much bigger clip. It holds 100 rounds.

I'm waiting for a low level Infested outbreak to level up my Ember Prime. I will try Nekros tonight. Raise myself an army of the dead. :cool:

Right. I just bought the Soma and Cernos blue prints and they are now busily getting built in the foundry along with an Catalyst. I originally got the Gorgon as a Karak replacement, crazy fire rate!

I played 3 nightmare games last night - one with no shields and two with no energy. In the both the zero energy ones there were multiple Read Leaders who are practically invincible unless you can get through that shield they project. Which is easy with a fireball or world on fire.

I found a cheat though :D If you use a team energy replace module and spam world on fire you can launch it before your energy depletes. Though this only works now as the mods I have on Ember mean that I need 50% less energy per power, and the effects are much wider and last longer.

Thought I'd work on Mag now and see how that works out.

I found a simple way to get lots of XP for a weapon. I do the low level sabotage missions and instead of just fighting my way through to completion I back track until enemies stop re-spawning and repeat with each section. That way you can clear 200-300+ enemies per mission. Far more than you'd get on an exterminate.

The Corpus levels tend to throw the most enemies at you per encounter. I had one where the room was wall to wall Moa's. You'll feel so good mowing them down! It's best to make sure that either your warframe can take the hits and that your weapon kills quick though.

I found a cheat though :D If you use a team energy replace module and spam world on fire you can launch it before your energy depletes.

I hadn't thought of that. I really need to equip some ammo and energy restore items.

I found a simple way to get lots of XP for a weapon. I do the low level sabotage missions and instead of just fighting my way through to completion I back track until enemies stop re-spawning and repeat with each section. That way you can clear 200-300+ enemies per mission. Far more than you'd get on an exterminate.

Isn't that the same as doing survival missions? Survival missions will also give you rewards every 5 minutes. Although they do get increasingly more difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back