3 Bad PSUs in a row!!!

I got nervous with that Kingwin LZ850 I ordered since it is a Super Flower unit just like my failed Rosewill Capstone 750m was also Super Flower. Refused it from Amazon when it got here and got a Seasonic X850 fully modular 80Plus Gold unit instead today. Spent an extra $50-60 than I wanted to but after 3 bad PSUs in a row I needed piece of mind and an end to this build!!

Happy to report up and running with zero issues. Amazon Prime is soooooo easy with returns....really do love that part.

Thanks for the input guys....

Superflower are very good when under their own name. They pull out all the stops. However, like all OEMs that are rebranded by someone else, they may be asked to make something that uses cheaper components, so the OEM versions are not always as good as own-name brands such as Seasonic or Superflower.

And sometimes, people get unlucky and no matter how good a brand, you might get one that fails or has been bashed about in transit and is dead out of the box.

It's always worth spending a little more to get a quality PSU. People spend a lot of money on high powered CPUs and GPUs, and then they skimp on the PSU that has to power it all. It's a false economy for a component of a PC that has to power everything else in the box.

Yup, a PSU can be easily reused for the next 2-4 builds so the costs of an expensive one are not quite as high.

At least, that's the arguments I laid out to convince myself into buying the SS Platinum 860W model ;) some two years ago.

Btw, the biggest disappointment for me for PSU market is the fact that only Seasonic & Super Flower make models which may turn their fans off when the load of the unit is low. I think this is too nice a feature not to have it.

Back