MPC-HC X.Y.Z releases thread

Damn, just as I downloaded and installed the latest svn build replacing my year old version lol

Thanks for the heads up and all that.

McLaren video player!
I have to get that new 1.6 model ASAP on to my HTPC :LOL:.

Seriously I love this app. My default player on HTPC since ... beginning!

Sweet. I just had switched over from CCCP to what Coalgirls had recommended for watching anime. I guess I gotta set it back up again.

Is there any reason to upgrade from 1.1?

Improved codecs and image quality. { At least I noticed a big jump when going from 1.1 to the 1.4 series. }

I was posting somewhat tongue in cheek. I use DivX decoder for h264 (don't care about other codecs) and Haali renderer, so I don't expect an upgrade to make any difference :LOL:

The trouble with this stuff is it's so fragile and subtle. I don't change my software because it can take days to get it back to working the way it was before. Too many magic knobs to frobnicate :???:

Might have to give this a try again at some point. Been using PotPlayer lately. Pretty nice program.

Is MPC-HC still missing A -> B repeat capability?

Regards,
SB

Can someone explain the 10bit vs 8bit video files? What is the benefit other than requiring more processing power?

H.264 10 bits is not just for producing 10 bits video though. By processing in 10 bits, it's possible to make motion estimation and other compression related computations more accurate and thus has the potential to provide better coding efficiency. 10 bits encoding is particularly good for plain surfaces and lightly textured area (such as cloud and smokes), so it's quite popular for cartoon and animation encoding.

Back