Middle-earth: Shadows of Mordor

There is at least one enemy type that can dodge the daggers alltogether but they are pretty useful for building up the Combo Count and to stop escaping guys. And I have Held back 20+ Mobs with the daggers alone for several minutes.

I have the one upgrade after it, throws three daggers. I also have some artifact thing that makes them go up in flames 44% of the time with the daggers.

Yeah that rune is excellent, I obtained it very early but never used it until the end of the game though.

BTW everyone the Black Hand skin is now available to download for free.

P.S.
It's only 15% chance to ignite not 44%.

P.S. It's only 15% chance to ignite not 44%.

The 'boost' or 'proc' of the stat depends on the difficult of the kill, which can be affected by the anger of the target.

I have the same rune with a 35% chance. It means you had an easier kill than we did. And I'm an epic undead ninja ranger!

Last edited by a moderator:
The 'boost' or 'proc' of the stat depends on the difficult of the kill, which can be affected by the anger of the target.

I have the same rune with a 35% chance. It means you had an easier kill than we did. And I'm an epic undead ninja ranger!

AFAIK Epic Runes like Light of the Valar have fixed stats.
I have many Epic Runes and they all have the same stats as the ones listed here.

BTW it would had been nice to have a "rune trading" between friends like in Darksiders 2.

AFAIK Epic Runes like Light of the Valar have fixed stats.
I have many Epic Runes and they all have the same stats as the ones listed here.

Some runes seem to have fixed effects, others have variable effects depending on the kill difficulty and method, which is explained in the article.

BTW it would had been nice to have a "rune trading" between friends like in Darksiders 2.

Yup, that would be helpful. But since killing captains is fun, it's great just to killing the fools :yep2:

Yup, that would be helpful. But since killing captains is fun, it's great just to killing the fools :yep2:

Sure but I have several double runes that I would gladly give to my friends that don't have as much time as I have to play the game.

Sure but I have several double runes that I would gladly give to my friends that don't have as much time as I have to play the game.

I've converted a ton of mine to the 'M' currency and spent it on upgrades. Still lots more to buy too :yep2:

I've converted a ton of mine to the 'M' currency and spent it on upgrades. Still lots more to buy too :yep2:

Speaking of upgrades IMO that Storm of Urfael, Flame of Azkar and Shadow of Acharn are superfluous. I bought them but never used them.

Speaking of upgrades IMO that Storm of Urfael, Flame of Azkar and Shadow of Acharn are superfluous. I bought them but never used them.
Yeah, I'm not seeing the need for them myself. I'm bad ass enough without them :yes:

Played a bunch on the weekend. THe game is really good. I have to kill two more war chiefs before I get to the second map (I think).

I've pretty much cleared everything from the initial map.

Played a bunch on the weekend. THe game is really good. I have to kill two more war chiefs before I get to the second map (I think).

I've pretty much cleared everything from the initial map.

I nearly cleared everything, until I died and a bunch of new orcs got promoted to fill up all the dead captain's positions.

Game is SOLID. I absolutely love the Nemesis system :)

I nearly cleared everything, until I died and a bunch of new orcs got promoted to fill up all the dead captain's positions.

Game is SOLID. I absolutely love the Nemesis system :)

Yah. I hope other open-world games copy the nemesis system in some form. It's so simple, but it adds so much to the game world and keeps it interesting. You could apply it to pretty much any genre of game quite easily.

Yah. I hope other open-world games copy the nemesis system in some form. It's so simple, but it adds so much to the game world and keeps it interesting. You could apply it to pretty much any genre of game quite easily.
Can you imagine a GTA with San Andreas-like mechanics where Los Santos was broken up into distinctive districts that could be taken over (and later had to be defended) with gang leaders that emerged and developed like Orc captains and war chiefs?

Could be awesome :yes:

I really enjoyed this game. Finished the story at around the 43h mark. Completed most of the side missions except the final Hunting Challenge. Its far from perfect but the core gameplay is is very strong, IMO.

B0_fPFLIMAAmlv-.jpg:large

B0_ff67IUAI25Hd.jpg:large

B0_fUuuIAAAGP2o.jpg:large

I really enjoyed this game. Finished the story at around the 43h mark.
I reckon it'll take me that long to complete it. I keep getting sidetracked. I like nothing more to infiltrate a stronghold and brand half the occupants then start a big fight :yes:

I know this doesn't advantage me in any way but it is sure as hell fun and satisfying :)

What!!!

I have the Flame of Azkar with an epic rune that extends the time limit from 20 secs to 30 secs and bascially use it as either a last stand option or when I want to walk straight into a stronghold full of Uruks and go "Pfft".

Pairing that maneuver with an epic rune that reduces my combo meter from 8 to 5 and the double special skill, allows me to cut down a gang load of uruks in a matter of a few minutes.

I just got whichever one is 20 seconds of unlimited executions. I imagine you could fit maybe 5-8 in that time, depending on the animation? I haven't tried it yet to see how long it takes to recharge. I think I'm in the 12-15 hour range, and I have half the story missions completed. Most of my ability tree is unlocked. I think i'm just working on the last tier, but that won't take too long for me to do. Hoping to finish around the 30 hour mark, with only some collection stuff leftover.

I just got whichever one is 20 seconds of unlimited executions. I imagine you could fit maybe 5-8 in that time, depending on the animation?

That's the sword one. I just picked up the dagger one which is 20 seconds of unlimited stealth-like executions which is awesome, because it's all in slo-mo and you can slice through 15 or more as long as the orcs are close by.

BRUTAL :yes:

Back