Could Slingbox for Xbox One be its killer app?

Tivo app on iPad will take the recordings off the Tivo Roamio DVR and either stream it or you can download a transcoded copy that looks pretty good.

That takes time though and a lot of space so you're not going to do it all the time.

I've downloaded some recordings for long flights and trips but I didn't end up viewing them. It's nice to have that option though.

The other thing is that you can stream live sporting events from your DVR to wherever you are. I've been overseas when there are big NFL or NBA games and the only option would have been to go to some sports bar to see these events.

So these could be useful features but it's not like Sling is selling tens of millions of their boxes. The capability appeals to a certain segment.

I have Dish receivers that are slingbox equipped. Good thing is that the Dish mobile app has an integrated slingbox client, and is free. ;)

I love it. Use it all the time. Can stream all live as well as DVR material from the sat receivers.

Kids watch their favorite recorded show anywhere, including in the car on trips.

Watching TV in bed at night, wife ready to go to sleep but lights bothering her... turn off the TV and pick up the phone or tablet.

Wife watching lifetime in bed but I want to watch swamp thing for the 100th time, or something I recorded last night... pick up the phone or tablet.

Lol, maybe slingbox is great for kids and bad for marriages. :)

And for the record, I'm tech savvy, formerly an engineer, now a radiologist, and still haven't "cut the cord." I live in a small enough market that OTA is crap, I like live sports, lots of shows can't be found streamed anything close to broadcast time, some not at all, and I find Dish at least to have superior image quality to most if not all streaming options.

Back