CES 2014: JANUARY 7-10, 2014

Kaz actually does his keynote speech today. Yesterday was the CES opening press conference speech.

Wow, Andrew House Just announced on CES that PS4 sold 4.2 Million in 2013 alone.

Playstation Now, seems like the official Gaikai consumer name that enables

Apparantly you can use it on any device, not just PSs.

Last of Us is playable on PS4, PSV, and I think bravia TVs I think?

I think Sony will exceed the 5mil units sold before the end of the fiscal ear.
Second Son and Drive Club possibly will help to keep the interest for PS4 high even during this first quarter.
After that though there is a bit of drought for PS4 exclusives,.

With the 399 price tag, they don't really need exclusives IMO, just quality software. In Q2 they have MLB The Show, Watch Dogs, MGS GZ and The Witness. In Q3 they have Destiny, The Crew and possibly The Order 1886 (probably Q4 though). That's off the top of my head.

It works, but it was running from "a server down the hall" according to the destructoid article. It'll be interesting to see how much lag there is in a real world scenario, I do think that this will be the future of gaming at some point. It's perfectly suitable for many types of games in the short term, and hopefully all games in the future. Cloud-served gaming of some form will be the big thing, and good on Sony for getting there first.

So Sony is going for streaming while MS is doing virtualisation now and if the streaming pans out as a viable technology, they can move streaming to.

Wonder how Sony gets their games running on Gaikai, gazillion PS3 servers?

If they want to become the 'netflix of games' then they better open up to as many platforms as possible. Imagine playing Uncharted on PSNow, on Xbox :devilish:
I'd expect iOS would be supported. No brainer really. Just curious about controls on phones and tablets.

So Sony is going for streaming while MS is doing virtualisation now and if the streaming pans out as a viable technology, they can move streaming to.

Wonder how Sony gets their games running on Gaikai, gazillion PS3 servers?

They have a custom version (not the existing rack mount) of the PS3 for PS3 games, I assume they will do the same with PS4 now the hardware guys have some bandwidth.

The big question is still pricing to me, I don't think it's going to be "cheap".

Back