I found a little kitty!

Cats don't really need names anyway. They'll come when they smell food and do whatever the fuck they want the rest of the time.

Cats don't really need names anyway. They'll come when they smell food and do whatever the fuck they want the rest of the time.
True :smile:. Fat cat likes to sleep on your chest while you're laying on the couch watching TV. Sometimes she will get RIGHT up in your face, as close as possible without touching. She is strange..

I thought she was trying to suck the air out of my lungs... Assassin Kitty!

homerdog: Was driving home with my parents from dinner and noticed some debris in the road. It was dark and raining so I couldn't make out exactly what it was. At the last second the little pile of debris looked up at me at it was a kitty! We drove right over it but it was so small it cleared the undercarriage. We turned around to check it out. It had clearly been hit and could not really walk. It pathetically tried to scurry away but didn't make it very far. Once acquired, we put it in a cardboard box, wrapped it up in a towel and took it home. It was crying incessantly until we gave it some warm milk in a saucer. When the vet called back we took it to the animal hospital. It stayed there for 3 nights and now they've given it back. It will lose a leg but apparently cats can adjust pretty well to that. It was a front leg which the vet said he almost never sees, since usually if an animal gets hit in the front it is dead. So long story short: some complete asshole hit a little kitty and left it to die in the middle of the cold wet road, and I have a new cat BTW vet bills are no joke!

I have a lot of poor cats in my house. Turns out they can be quite handy sometimes. When i'm bored, i can just talk to them like an idiot.. lol..

Kitty's new favorite thing is to sit in my lap and watch me play Diablo 3. Her little head follows the mouse cursor religiously wherever it goes. She can't seem to keep track of it on the desktop, only in D3. I may publish a research paper about this.

Thank you for taking care of Kitty and giving her a good, loving home. :)

:LOL:

And please, be very careful what food you give her. Only what you eat!

I have a lot of poor cats in my house. Turns out they can be quite handy sometimes. When i'm bored, i can just talk to them like an idiot.. lol..

:oops:

By the way, cats are not that stupid, they will understand what you are saying to them! :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
:LOL:

And please, be very careful what food you give her. Only what you eat!

Uhh, she will only eat catfood, and I don't really like the taste or texture of it. Some of the canned stuff doesn't smell that bad, but I still wouldn't eat it unless zombie apocalypse or something.

She won't eat any of that. I've tried to feed that to her but she only likes catfood.

No, which begs the question "what did she eat when she was out on the street?" We may never know.

We may never know.

We always know but pretend to be interesting.

Why don't you ask what can happen if she eats that artificial crap in which you don't even know what the evil corporations put?

And here I put a period on my discussion with you on this topic. May it lay on your consciousness what you will do in the future.

Pet food is actually regulated quite stringently in most western countries. In the UK, I believe it must even qualify as human food in order to be sold, and at least one manufacturer employed a full-time pet food taster to help develop new recipes... :)

Not sure what you're on about here, really. Sure, it's not exactly filet mignon, but hey, hot dogs you buy in the supermarket (or heck, out on the street from a vendor where they've been kept warm for gods know how long) aren't either, so your outrage might be a little bit premature? :)

@UniversalTruth,

Grall is completely right. Cat food is very strictly regulated and all cat food is at a minimum required to contain all necessary ingredients that a cat needs to stay healthy. And the cans that contain for instance fish contain fish that is quite similar to what is sold to people, but generally with a lot more jelly. I actually saw a BBC special on this a couple of years ago.

The prime difference between good and bad cat food is the amount of smelly substances companies add to make it more appealing to cats. Generally it's not necessary though.

And probably the least healthy components of pet food are very similar to human food - meat contains a lot of anti-biotics, and in some countries, growth hormones, and vegetables still often contain way too many pesticides.

Both cats only like the fancy stuff. Picky strays.

They probably eat healthier that I do.

Back