All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recent black Friday ads leaks suggest Sony will have two ps4 bundles for the holiday in North America. One comes with gtav and The Last of Us while the other includes LBP3 and Lego Batman 3. Both for $399.

What are the latest US Amazon numbers anyway? Rangers has been quiet for a few days...

Just had a look, Assassins Creed xbox still holding at number 8, stand alone PS4 at 13, COD xbox dropping fast now at 19.

Destiny PS4 bundle rising at 36 Assassins Creed xbox with Kinect rising at 39, Stand alone xbox dropping to 46.

Interesting that the PS4 camera comes in higher in the best sellers of 2014 than any version of the xbox (vanilla with kinect is the highest placed at 54)

Just had a look, Assassins Creed xbox still holding at number 8, stand alone PS4 at 13, COD xbox dropping fast now at 19.
Some important plot points here. XB1:ACU is $350, PS4 standalone, no games, is $400. So XB1 is now cheaper than PS4, not just in terms of bundled value but actual HW list price (this may be old news to some, but it's news to me!).

Dropping COD bundle is perhaps due to the large number of low ratings due to codes not working. 50% of votes are 1/5.

Comparison with the earlier "XB1 will win November" stats that I suggested could be an unrepresentative spike:

3rd November
#5 XBO Sunset Overdrive bundle
#9 XBO AC bundle
#11 XBO COD bundle
#23 PS4
#26 XBO
#39 XBO AC bundle with Kinect

#54 PS4 destiny bundle

7th November
#8 XBO AC bundle (+1)
#13 PS4 (+10)
#19 XBO COD bundle (-8)
#36 PS4 Destiny bundle (+18)
#39 XBO AC+Kinect (--)
#46 XBO (-20)

#-- XBO Sunset Overdrive bundle no show (-95!) yet in stock

I think that nicely proves my point about short term data not being indicative of long term results. ;)

Sales numbers the week of a price drop are never indicative of the long term. Its a psychological thing, people who are sitting on the fence waiting for an excuse (Black Friday!) finally pull the trigger. Of course the new baseline will also be higher, the console is cheaper (for now).

...short term data not being indicative of long term results. ;)

It definitely seems to be settling back down. Will be interesting to see how the next three weeks go. We may be able to make a more informed decision by this time next week.

Comparison with the earlier "XB1 will win November" stats that I suggested could be an unrepresentative spike:

Yeah that's the million dollar question, things are returning to the mean a tad as expected, but X1 still has the lead. Which it probably has, I'm not sure how many days in October, but at least I'd say 10+ days now overall counting the 7 in Nov+whatever in Oct, which is something.

It's interesting to me that Amazon has now earned credibility as a hardware sales indicator. EG, people expecting X1 to win November if it stay ahead at Amazon or vice versa. I dont recall this being the case in the past.

The regular no games X1 is #46...but it's out of stock oddly. Amazon seems to have fairly consistent stock issues so I wonder if they'll keep the X1 Unity bundle in stock.

On the 2014 bestsellers list, which I'm not sure how often it updates but it seems less than daily, Halo MCC is #52 so far. But COD AW, I only see X1 version in the top 100, and it's #87. This strikes me as oddly poor (Ghosts is much higher, and this is 2014 chart). Dunno what's going on there, maybe the Zero day SKU confuddled things? At any rate I'd say COD AW seems to not be doing that great imo, based on Amazon.

Some important plot points here. XB1:ACU is $350, PS4 standalone, no games, is $400. So XB1 is now cheaper than PS4, not just in terms of bundled value but actual HW list price (this may be old news to some, but it's news to me!).

This is time limited promotion for the holidays. Both Starbucks and Xbox Division have started holiday season early this year! :cool:

Xbox said:
The holidays are starting early this year as the Season of Xbox will begin on November 2, when Xbox One will be available for a special, limited-time promotional offer of $349 in the U.S. Special promotional pricing of $50 off the console of your choice applies to any Xbox One console, including special edition bundles, offering some of the year’s most anticipated games - Assassin’s Creed Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Sunset Overdrive.

Go this interesting Xbox email...

w9wjlh.jpg

Tommy McClain

PlayStation Store’s Top Sellers: October 2014 (USA)

PS4 Games

1 Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition
2 NBA 2K15
3 Minecraft: PlayStation
4 Edition 4 THE EVIL WITHIN
5 DRIVECLUB
6 The Legend of Korra
7 Destiny
8 Outlast
9 FIFA 15
10 Alien Isolation
11 Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
12 Lords of the Fallen
13 Madden NFL 15
14 inFAMOUS First Light
15 The Last Of Us Remastered
16 Peggle 2
17 METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES
18 Nidhogg
19 Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition
20 Surgeon Simulator: A&E Anniversary Edition
PlayStation Store’s Top Sellers: October 2014 (European)

PS4 Games

01 Driveclub (New)
02 Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (New)
03 Minecraft (1)
04 FIFA 15 (3)
05 Battlefield 4 (RE)
06 The Evil Within (New)
07 Assassin’s Creed Freedom Cry (RE)
08 Trials Fusion (7)
09 Destiny (2)
10 Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag (RE)
11 NBA 2K15 (New)
12 The Last of Us Remastered (5)
13 Need for Speed Rivals (RE)
14 Outlast (10)
15 Alien: Isolation (New)
16 Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty (6)
17 inFAMOUS First Light (4)
18 Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition (New)
19 The Legend of Korra (New)
20 Peggle 2 (New)
Definitive proof the racers do better in European markets?

Last edited by a moderator:
Xbox One still hanging ahead of PS4 on Amazon, though things have settled quite a bit. Currently 8 vs 14 I think for the top two SKU's.

If X1 can hang on until the 15th it should win the month or have a good chance (that would be half the month).

A lot of black friday ads are out and I think X1 has the edge there too, if we're extrapolating who can win November. The typical deal seems to be $329 for the AC bundle. Interesting they didn't go to 299, I guess that was a bridge too far. Target also gives away a gift card for $50 with that, so effectively arguably just $280 for an X1. Pretty insane. For PS4 black friday leaked deals so far it seems a games bundle (I think GTA V and TLOU and maybe a third?) but it's still $400.

Amazon November hardware so far:

#8 AC Xbone
#14 COD Xbone
#16 PS4
#34 Standard XOne
#41 XOne Ac bundle w/Kinect
#46 PS4 Destiny bundle

Given the sheer number of X1 SKU's there, I'd say X1 is close to having November wrapped up even if they fall behind the rest of the month. However there is BF that could upset things, but as written above I'm not expecting it.

Last edited:
Given the sheer number of X1 SKU's there, I'd say X1 is close to having November wrapped up even if they fall behind the rest of the month. However there is BF that could upset things, but as written above I'm not expecting it.

Are those bundles just swapping places with the common XB1 and XB1+Kinect sku? Judging by Amazon's 2014 Best Sellers list, none of those bundles have made it... which is quite telling.

Looking at the PS4 Destiny bundled (#28) which made the Amazon 2014 Best Sellers list during Destiny's launch... gives the impression that the XB1 ACU and COD:AW bundles aren't as hot. That's not to say the XB1 bundles aren't doing well... but I wouldn't call November for MS quite yet.

Xbox One still hanging ahead of PS4 on Amazon, though things have settled quite a bit. Currently 8 vs 14 I think for the top two SKU's.

If X1 can hang on until the 15th it should win the month or have a good chance (that would be half the month).

A lot of black friday ads are out and I think X1 has the edge there too, if we're extrapolating who can win November. The typical deal seems to be $329 for the AC bundle. Interesting they didn't go to 299, I guess that was a bridge too far. Target also gives away a gift card for $50 with that, so effectively arguably just $280 for an X1. Pretty insane. For PS4 black friday leaked deals so far it seems a games bundle (I think GTA V and TLOU and maybe a third?) but it's still $400.

Amazon November hardware so far:

#8 AC Xbone
#14 COD Xbone
#16 PS4
#34 Standard XOne
#41 XOne Ac bundle w/Kinect
#46 PS4 Destiny bundle

The vast majority of console sales will happen after Thanksgiving. Saying it's sewn up by the 15th is like calling a football game at the end of the first quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back