anihawk said:
ps4 - 1191k
xb1 - 945k
360 - 621k
ps3 - 243k

Edit. Lol wait, that can't be HW... I'm going to bed! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Extrapolations on extrapolations on fuzzy numbers now, but

(Destiny) Is ~945k on XBO and ~1191k on PS4 (bundle included)

So:

PS4~538
XO~284
3DS~140
Wii U~90
360~75
PS3~48
Vita~20
Wii~16

From pie chart

Also, Forza Horizon 2

FZ2 ~ 120k

XBO and 360 versions combined apparently. 5 days in the tracking period I think.

Also, Destiny is between 2.5 and 3 million overall says Aqua. Not bad I guess.

Somebody pointed out Titanfall on XBO still beat Destiny on XBO sales 1st month NPD (1.1m vs 945k). As I keep reminding, Titanfall was an underrated seller!

Aquamarine
4.5 million LTD sell-through for PS4 (2.99 tie ratio)

3.5 million LTD sell-through for XBO (3.48 tie ratio)

They're separated by nearly 1 million.

The gap is no longer a gap, it's a canyon...

Forza Horizon 2 didn't chart?

No, and Hyrule Warriors was #11 on the NPD list with 190k copies sold. So it did less than that in the first 5 days of its shelf life.
edit- 120k xbone+x360

284k is not bad.

Official PS4 number is 538K (from Aquamarine).

PS4's lead over XB1 in the US is now 997k.

Ouch. The more troubling news for MS is that PS4 will most likely win in the next 4 months [2 holiday months in 2014 when hopefully even PS4 will finally start getting great store deals, and then buildup to Q1 2015 when Sony will have Bloodbourne and Order 1886].

Difference after 11 months: XB1+818k
If you try to filter out the supply-limited first months of 360, it's not so rosy. If XB360 wasn't supply constrained it'll have probably done the same numbers.

PS4 ~ 4488k
XB1 ~ 3490k

XB1 sales as a percent of PS4 by NPD month

Nov 13 80%
Dec 13 105%
Jan 14 52%
Feb 14 96%
Mar 14 84%
Apr 14 58%
May 14 39%
Jun 14 73%
Jul 14 70%
August 14 84%
September 14 53%

Average percentage (monthly percentages added up and divided by 11): 72%
Or just 3490k / 4488k ;)

4488 / 3490 = ~28.6%

1191 / 945 = ~26%

The Destiny tie ratio is very similar in US between PS4 and XB1.

But I am surprised to see how close both tie ratios are, I was expecting a much more XB1 advantage here considering the traditionnal Xbox love for Bungie & shooter games and the free game promotion.

Also guys, do you realise that this page of this thread is dangerously gathering almost all numbers from NPD in a easily readable way?

With 28.6% lead of PS4 in the US, I expect that every multiplatform game will sell less on Xbone [even if MS starts giving those games for free :) [which they did for a week in September]].

Last edited by a moderator:
Racing games on the struggle. Shame, Forza Horizon 2 is damn good game.
Gotta add that I guess that games aren't selling on the new Xbox as they used to on the X360, the demographics have just changed, I think.

That's from what I see in my friends list and stuff.

yes US sales the gap is a canyon,
WW its a um well not a canyon cause thats when you can see the other side
its like the gap between prince and mr ed on the sexiness scale
Actually, where I live it is an entire cosmos. It began with a 5:1 ratio in sales favouring the PS4. But now I think it is at 12:1.

This is PS territory, always been, but X360 was so great that the PS3 sales were just double the X360. :smile2:

Additionally, many of those PS fans are okay, but some are just... not so great, mocking other people's choices, and a few of them have influence in the media, boards, etc.

That certainly doesn't help at all with my rebel side, but well, at least there is B3D.

Actually, where I live it is an entire cosmos. It began with a 5:1 ratio in sales favouring the PS4. But now I think it is at 12:1.

This is PS territory, always been, but X360 was so great that the PS3 sales were just double the X360. :smile2:

Additionally, many of those PS fans are okay, but some are just... not so great, mocking other people's choices, and a few of them have influence in the media, boards, etc.

That certainly doesn't help at all with my rebel side, but well, at least there is B3D.

I don't know why some people are mocking Xbox one owner, I am an only PlayStation 4 owner and Xbox One is a perfectly valid choice... Better exclusive for the moment...

I buy Drive Club I like the game but online is a shame...

The PSN is often slow since Destiny release... And the OS update are slow to come. It is like Sony won the first battle and are already satisfied or arrogant...

For multiplat and/or Sony franchise gamer the PS4 is a good choice but I hope Sony will wake up in 2015...

I don't know why some people are mocking Xbox one owner

Unfortunately elementary school antics do not necessarily stay in elementary school. If no one rubbed each other the wrong way about their purchases, I don't think there would be such a thing as a fan boy war, I could be wrong though, but generally it's a result of the lack of sympathy, and just a lot of weird bitterness about belonging to one group and not belonging to another; or the opposite the feeling of being left out that causes bitterness? Who knows, too many situations, like pride or that people feel their purchases define them and no one wants to look the dummy, but all of them tend to point to being unreasonable and illogical.

Reality is, all that owners of both respective consoles need to know is that whether their product is first or last in sales, at the end of the day the company will continue to support their product fully to a reasonable end of life time frame.

Xbox One is selling well, but PS4 is just selling insanely well. I think Xbox One will be fine in the long run, but it's obvious that unless something changes PS4 will be the "winner" of the sales war this gen. Both should be profitable products, and that's good for everyone that's into gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back