Status
Not open for further replies.
Second week on top for Last of Us Remastered

Below are the Top Ten for the week ending August 9th:
1. The Last of Us Remastered (Sony)
2. Watch Dogs (Ubisoft)
3. FIFA 14 (EA)
4. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
5. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
6. The LEGO Movie Videogame (Warner Bros)
7. Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition (Sony)
8. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
9. Battlefield 4 (EA)
10. Sniper Elite 3 (505 Games)

This may be more a business thread comment/ question. Uncertain. Didn't the MS/ Bungie split contract contain a clause regarding MS having the right to make their games exclusive, probably through a large fee? Looking at the pre-order figures, I have to wonder how much they must be regretting that decision.

Destiny Sales spots from the above post:
4,5,12,16,17,55 - with the Destiny Ghost for the PS4, I believe, completely sold out.

I'm not sure who 'they' is in your theory. Are MS regretting something, or Bungie? I think you're suggesting MS has the option to secure an exclusive from Bungie for lots of money and chose not to pay that fee for Destiny, and now may be regretting that choice as Destiny could have been for XB1 what Halo was for XB...er...one (the first one ;)).

I'm not sure who 'they' is in your theory. Are MS regretting something, or Bungie? I think you're suggesting MS has the option to secure an exclusive from Bungie for lots of money and chose not to pay that fee for Destiny, and now may be regretting that choice as Destiny could have been for XB1 what Halo was for XB...er...one (the first one ;)).

The Bungie contract with MS is available online and MS had serious rights to Destiny. Most likely these rights were part of the COD negotiations with Activision, which is why Destiny is available on PS4.

PS4 reached 10 Million. Just confirmed by Jim Ryan. :oops:

edit: Sold TO COSTUMERS.

That is impressive. I honestly didn't expect any next gen console to be off to such a quick start. I applaud Sony and how they have handled the rollout of the PS4, they absolutely trounced both Nintendo and Microsoft in their execution.

That is impressive. I honestly didn't expect any next gen console to be off to such a quick start. I applaud Sony and how they have handled the rollout of the PS4, they absolutely trounced both Nintendo and Microsoft in their execution.
I'd argue Nintendo and Microsoft trounced themselves with no help from Sony but let's not go there again!

clap-clap-clap-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2244.gif

Amazing. If they are at 10 million now, they will easily go over 15m before Dec 31 which is more than 4.5 months away. Maybe even up to 17-18. And Q12015 is filled with so many games, two of them being PS4-only titles [Order 1886 and Bloodbourne].

A year ago I was positive that a single console wouldn't dominate this generation (PS3/360 all over again) but now I am not so sure. I just don't see the install base gap closing any time soon and if it keeps growing like this then it could be the PS2 era allover again.... if it isnt already by 1Q 2015.

That is absolutely fantastic for Sony. US will easily add 2M in Q4 and I imagine the EU would match that. I'm going to guess 15M is the bottom of what to expect for sales by the end of the year. It will probably be closer to 16M units.

Sony came strong and solid, MS fucked up so badly that it seems inconceivable. Inconceivable that no-one in a decision making position could see it coming and avert any of it.

Reveal tent. What was revealed in the reveal tent was basically Sony's victory. Sony basically got all the sales you would expect from PS3 migration, plus most of the sales MS might have expected from 360 migration. Great execution from Sony, the opposite from MS.

It would be awesome to have some kind of insight into the delusion within management at Xbox between 2010 ~ early 2014.

These numbers still seem odd. I think most people had them short of 10 million, because well that was reasonable. Even Vgchartz had them at 9.3 million (just to give an idea of reasonable guesses, since that's what VGchartz does).

They announced 7 million April 6. So that's basically April, May, June, July. NPD was 199k, 197k, 269k, and pending July. I went and added all the media create weeks April 6-August 3 (not as hard as it sounds thanks to GAF archive thread), that came to 146,638. So rounded off you have ~820K PS4 sold in Japan+USA from April through ~now, pending July NPD and a week or so of media create (which is a paltry 5k of sales currently). GAF tells me NPD July runs through August 2nd so maybe you've got a little more sales between August 2nd and the 12 but then again Sony's numbers probably aren't up to the day either. So, whatever you wanna credit Sony for July NPD+~820k. 230k for PS4 in July NPD seems a reasonable guess so that be ~1,050,000, plus maybe a week of unaccounted August fudge from 2-9th (assuming Sony's numbers are even this up to date) you get to 1.1 million.

So, I guess that's a lot of consoles in Europe *shrug*. All that stuff I wrote about the Europe ratio being lower for PS4 seems to be correcting itself if these numbers are true.

This would put them ~2:1 over Xbox One too probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back