All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Last of Us Remastered #1

The game is the fifth biggest release of 2014 to date and also the fourth ever biggest on PS4, just behind InFamous: Second Son.

Here’s the UK Top Ten for the week ending August 2nd:

1. The Last of Us: Remastered (Sony)
2. Watch Dogs (Ubisoft)
3. FIFA 14 (EA)
4. The LEGO Movie Videogame (Warner)
5. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
6. Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition (Sony)
7. Sniper Elite 3 (505 Games)
8. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
9. Battlefield 4 (EA)
10. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)

Well deserved... again. :cool:

I actually don't think it would be surprising to see the EU:US+JP ratio to skew significantly towards the EU this generation with the PS4. Last gen, although the PS3 dominated europe outside of the UK, now with PS4 the UK skews PS4 and the rest of the EU is heavily PS4 skewed. Post its initial launch the XB1 is doing pretty badly in europe outside of the UK. Assuming the core gamer market is roughly the same size or slightly less/more, with one console now significantly less popular than its predecessor, I can imagine a large proportion of previous XB360 owners in europe picking up PS4s, thus skewing the LTD ratio much more towards europe than the PS3 ever saw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, ISS sold right around half what Titanfall did in UK it's 1st week, so it's not huge huge or anything.

Still strong especially for a remake that probably didn't cost much to produce. And who's audience I think is naturally limited by those who recently played it on PS3.

These game release doldrums help. Just like I think they helped Watch Dogs a ton.

Next gen software 2014 Amazon ranking year to date

1. Wii U Mario Kart 8 (8)
2. XBO Titanfall (13)
3. PS4 Watch Dogs (19)
4. PS4 Infamous SS (20)
5. PS4 Destiny (21)
6. XBO Destiny (26)
7. PS4 Fifa 14 (27)
8. PS4 Metal Gear Solid V GZ (33)
9. XBO COD Ghosts (36)
10. PS4 Last Of Us (38)

Kind of interesting, A Wii U game #1, Titanfall still stronger than people give credit, and Destiny not #1...although perhaps it would be combined already, probably between it and Watch Dogs I assume. Still a month from release for Destiny to rise.

Any history on a Beta's success relating to overall sales? Probably too small a sample size. Someone wrote (sorry no link) they are expecting 10-15m. That is a pretty hefty figure.

Are you talking about Destiny? Lifetime between 4 platforms? I think they'll hit 10-15M. The beta had 4.5M players. And this is a game I can see having some long legs.

Konami

3jevYS7.png

The media is cowing over 3:1 PS4, but I wonder why they missed that it's over 5:1 PS3:360. And I dont know, it's kinda odd. I am not sure what all Konami has released.

From the image I guess it's a lot of PES (which only mostly sells in EU/Japan) and MGS. And they have a Japan tilt to sales (although they still sell more elsewhere). Plus, MGS is a heavy PlayStation associated franchise of course.

I guess 7%/12% is enough to keep supporting Xbox? And 25% of MGS:GZ sales. One wonders at what point companies consider ditching Xbox, but then again they are still supporting handhelds with just a few %. If this low of sales is enough to justify support, then I guess MS needn't worry about losing other, Western third parties like EA.

They are about 66% EU/Japan sales last quarter. Yet Americas still outpointed EU too, I guess mostly just on MGS GZ. But yeah 1.29 million total unit sales, that seems terrible, but MGZ GS came out in March so not surprising.

Also note the typo on the chart where both FY14 and FY15 say quarter ended June 2013. These fiscal docs seem to contain a few errors across companies, there was another one a gaffer pointed out with Activision stating there are 1.1 million less PS4/XBO in June than March, which is funny. Too bad Activision messed up the numbers because it would have been rare worldwide install base data.

http://uk.ign.com/companies/konami

Lousy list not sortable by date. Still, filter by XB360 and PS3 and both have about 3 and a bit pages of titles, so there's not immediately apparent a PS3 preference.

This Wiki list of exclusives also only has two titles for Konami dating back years. They have more exclusives for XB360!

Edit: Also, PC growth from 0% to 4%. As big as XB1.

But Konami sells far more games in Japan than they do in any other region of the world. Roughly 40% of their game sales are in Japan. And they sell many games in Japan that they do not sell in the rest of the world.

While that doesn't impact PS4:XBO very much (yet) it has a significant impact on the PS3:X360 ratio.

Regards,
SB

I talked with a manager fr om one of the biggest toy/game shops in the Netherlands today; and he explained how they did not hear anything from MS for months; MS wanted to stock Titanfall for the xbox3 in May; but they could not comment on the release date for the xbox itself. So the shop, and every other shop/franchise in the Netherlands made the decision to not stock the game. Everyone was frustrated about being left in the dark. So anyway, the managers franchise stores will not give MS a lot of shelf space this generation, initially. They expect the One and it's games to sell abysmal.

I don't know how other franchise stores think, but if going by his word, I would not expect a lot of One sales in the Netherlands come september.

I talked with a manager fr om one of the biggest toy/game shops in the Netherlands today; and he explained how they did not hear anything from MS for months; MS wanted to stock Titanfall for the xbox3 in May; but they could not comment on the release date for the xbox itself. So the shop, and every other shop/franchise in the Netherlands made the decision to not stock the game. Everyone was frustrated about being left in the dark. So anyway, the managers franchise stores will not give MS a lot of shelf space this generation, initially. They expect the One and it's games to sell abysmal.

I don't know how other franchise stores think, but if going by his word, I would not expect a lot of One sales in the Netherlands come september.

Same thing I heard from my local gamestop. They had no idea about pretty much anything, only recently did they get a date and a price.

A gaffer made this look at the most recent German top 100

So for XB1 this week in Germany

68. Forza 5
75. Watch Dogs
98. Wolfenstein TNO

For PS4 this week

1. TLOU Remastered
4. Watch Dogs
8. Killzone SF
9. Fifa 14
18. Infamous SS
19. BF4
23. ACIV
28. NFS:R
30. COD: Ghosts
31. Knack
32. Wolfenstein: TNO
38. Sniper Elite III
87. NBA 2K14
88. Rayman Legends

3DS

2. Tomodachi Life
10. MK7
12. Animal Crossing: NL
13. Pokemon X
15. Pokemon Y
25. NSMB 2
27. Drachenzähmen leicht gemacht 2 ???
36. Fifa 14 Legacy
45. Yoshi's New Island
46. Yugioh MPL90 rage edition :p
48. Pokemon Art Academy
49. Kirby: Triple Deluxe
61. Super Mario 3D Land
64. Mario Party: IT
65. Luigi's Mansion 2
80. Landwirtschafts-Simulator 14 ???
83. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros.
85. Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins
97. The Legend Of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Wii U

6. Mario Kart 8
53. Super Mario 3D World
78. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

3DS does great software sales in Germany it would seem

This is in improvement for X1, I believe last week it had no titles in Germany top 100!

And this makes AFAIK, 3 or 4 weeks straight with no X1 in top 50 for Germany...

Also, wonder how many copies need sell to make a German top 100 weekly chart? Few dozen??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back