All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed that the Playroom is fun, but it's certainly not 50€ worth of fun. I own one and I can say that, at least for the moment, the PS4 camera isn't a worthwhile purchase.

My view also. The camera came in my bundle and was effectively free and that's the only reason I have it.

I think most people are buying it for the twitch/ustream broadcast ability.
Yup, noticed Best Buy both the website and pretty much all local Best Buy stores in my region (8 out of 10) have PS4 in stock now. Along with still Amazon for about 6 days now.

Truly large shipments have come, lets see if they last. March should at least give somewhat of an idea of a non supply constrained PS4 sales (not to say it cant slip back into constraint).

If they dont have to worry about Japan any more (now probably down to a 25k/week 100k/month sustained pace) and I imagine there's no large markets left to worry about launching at, then they should be able to focus their 1 million a month or whatever on USA/Europe and we should get into stock.

Sony will then be challenged if they achieve stock, to stockpile before holidays.
An idea, but not the full picture. I wouldn't consider it readily available until you can find it pretty much everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
My view also. The camera came in my bundle and was effectively free and that's the only reason I have it.

Same here. But my kids have really enjoyed the PlayRoom especially the ability to draw thing on my tablet or phone and then throw them into the TV. They love that!

Just saw this on GAF, settles that debate from last week.

C3nvss9.png

Tweeter is apparently from MCV.

Still no PS4s out here thats why.

My local asda got a batch 2 weeks ago for the first time (I'd noticed) since launch.

They are obviously expecting deliveries fairly frequently now mind you as they have finally put out a display unit to play on.

There was some implication the PS4 was still outselling X1 the week of it's 96% Titanfall increase though. Conflated with the claim/(fact?) PS4 sales raised 72% the same week due to increased supply. So it was just to settle that.

Titanfall does not get #1 in Germany...

Germany:
Week 11, 2014 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PS3 DARK SOULS II (NAMCO BANDAI GAMES)
02 (NE) XBO TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
03 (NE) PC TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
04 (NE) 3DS YOSHI'S NEW ISLAND (NINTENDO)
05 (NE) 360 DARK SOULS II (NAMCO BANDAI GAMES)
06 (09) PS3 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
07 (01) PS3 NEED FOR SPEED: RIVALS (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
08 (02) PC DIABLO III (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
09 (06) PS3 THE ELDER SCROLLS V - SKYRIM (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
10 (05) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)

I'm not sure what week 11 covers in Germany or how many days TF was thus on sale for in the period, but regardless. But then again I guess we can assume all the new games released on the same day.

Also this

UK
February 2014
Top software platforms by units
Xbox 360
PS3
PS4
PC
XBO
3DS
Wii U
Wii
NDS
PSV
PSP

Top software platforms by value
Xbox 360
PS4
PS3
XBO
3DS
PC
Wii U
Wii
PSV
NDS

It seems like Sony have not ramped up production to meet demand, are they expecting demand to subside soon?

Still no PS4s out here thats why.

My local asda got a batch 2 weeks ago for the first time (I'd noticed) since launch.

They are obviously expecting deliveries fairly frequently now mind you as they have finally put out a display unit to play on.

I don't think this is really true, well not here in Cardiff. All the GAME stores have them in stock, all the Argos stores have them in stock and just getting back from the office coffee and milk run, the local Asda had a stack of them in stock. If you want a PS4 in the UK its pretty easy to pick one up.

I don't think this is really true, well not here in Cardiff. All the GAME stores have them in stock, all the Argos stores have them in stock and just getting back from the office coffee and milk run, the local Asda had a stack of them in stock. If you want a PS4 in the UK its pretty easy to pick one up.

Sorry but you can hardly use Cardiff as a sample of UK population. In London the situation is very different - anecdotal as of course I haven't been to every shop here, but still. You just don't see stacks of ps4's lying around, if at all.

Sorry but you can hardly use Cardiff as a sample of UK population. In London the situation is very different - anecdotal as of course I haven't been to every shop here, but still. You just don't see stacks of ps4's lying around, if at all.

What I was trying to point out, is if you really want a PS4, you can get them. I just did a quick check of Argos stores in London and it's in stock to be picked or delivered in the majority of them

What I was trying to point out, is if you really want a PS4, you can get them. I just did a quick check of Argos stores in London and it's in stock to be picked or delivered in the majority of them

Oh. Really??
I really only use Amazon for my online shopping. Argos makes me feel so... cheap!

Actually..... I just picked up the Infamous bundle. Cause I'm completely and utterly MAD.

So that's +1 sale for Sony. The only real, non-speculative figure you'll ever see on this thread.

Goodbye

Congrats Sucker Punch!!!

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014/03/uk_sales_charts_infamous_second_son_replenishes_ps4s_power

Titanfall may have pushed the Xbox One above the PlayStation 4 in the UK recently, but it looks like that bump is not going to last long. New stock of Sony’s next-gen system in addition to the release of the hotly anticipated inFAMOUS: Second Son has supposedly propelled the Japanese giant’s super machine back to the top of the charts – and that victory was reflected in the software sales list.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=1833&s=1111

It debuts as the second biggest week 1 PS4 new release, behind ‘Killzone: Shadow Fall’ which was of course the major launch title for PS4 back in week 48, 2013 (debuted at No4 on the All Formats). ‘Infamous: Second Son’ is third in the series: original ‘Infamous’ debuted on PS3 back in week 22, 2009 (at No5 on the All Formats Chart) followed by ‘Infamous 2’ also on PS3 back in week 23, 2011 (at No4). Konami can also celebrate thanks to ‘Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes’ which debuts at No2 on 4 formats – the game is a prologue to the forthcoming ‘Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain’.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back