All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea how US Amazon works but is it possible it only shows the stock in warehouses near to you - or do they ship from any warehouse in the US to anywhere in the US?

No idea how US Amazon works but is it possible it only shows the stock in warehouses near to you - or do they ship from any warehouse in the US to anywhere in the US?

No, as far as I know you see the entirety of national Amazon stock.

If the numbers are changing upwards rapidly, which is rare, it means they're adding stock to the system right that second. Other than that it should slowly but steadily decline, but we cant see/measure until it goes below 999 in any case.

I'm reminded what the Neogaf mod said, "you amazon counters need a hobby, may I suggest video games?" :LOL:

http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/05/harvest-moon-tsunagaru-shin-tenchi-and-ps4-top-media-create-charts/

2. [PS4] Knack (02/22/14) – 66,772 (376,076)
8. [PS4] Yakuza: Ishin (Sega, 02/22/14) – 22,466 (105,006)
13. [PS4] Battlefield 4 (EA, 02/22/14) – 13,117 (37,916)
18. [PS4] Killzone: Shadow Fall (SCE, 02/22/14) – 8,501 (40,837)
19. [PS4] Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Square Enix, 02/22/14) – 8,430 (20,524)

Here’s the full hardware chart for Week 9. Last week’s sales are in parenthesis:

PS4 – 65,685 (309,154)
3DS LL – 26,027 (22,253)
PSV – 21,581 (16,857)
PS3 – 13,155 (9,983)
3DS – 11,986 (9,898)
Wii U – 8,204 (8,407)
PSP – 3,652 (3,171)
PSVTV– 1,543 (1,383)
360 – 257 (241)

Vita seems to be doing well... Wii U on the other hand.

So, Knack sales are awful outside pack in. Guess they got wind Cerny developed it :LOL:

Vita was way down year over year. I think last year new color Vitas came out? or something weird to stimulate sales. Vita has generally been stronger, but it's still not exactly world beating at those numbers.

The Japanese market is just so lackluster. Pretty much everything is lackluster. 3DS is down off it's peaks for a while now too, and everything else is trending down for year+ AFAIK. Basically all Japanese hardware except PS4 is on the downside of it's life. And Vita, but it's absolute sales are still low. Certainly an opening for PS4 if it can take advantage.

I agree. While I haven't bought a Vita yet, the remote-play feature has the Vita high up on my list of potential next purchases. I know of some who bought the Vita specifically for this.

Bundles...

Well it says totalt PS4 sales 374K and total Knack sales 376, that means that here are about 2K users with 2 copies of Knack then.... :devilish:

But did not Sony include Knack with ALL PS4, ie there is no Knack bundle, its just included like a controller.
So why buy extra?

Then again it might just be reporting errors, but I thought it was funny.

So, Knack sales are awful outside pack in. Guess they got wind Cerny developed it :LOL:

Vita was way down year over year. I think last year new color Vitas came out? or something weird to stimulate sales. Vita has generally been stronger, but it's still not exactly world beating at those numbers.

The Japanese market is just so lackluster. Pretty much everything is lackluster. 3DS is down off it's peaks for a while now too, and everything else is trending down for year+ AFAIK. Basically all Japanese hardware except PS4 is on the downside of it's life. And Vita, but it's absolute sales are still low. Certainly an opening for PS4 if it can take advantage.

Last year was the price cut. Vita was expected to be down YoY this week and next week. After that the YoY rise will probably continue until the PCH-2000 model was introduced in October. That's as long as there is no new stimulant to Vita sales like a new model or a price cut around TGS.

Well, I think most of us realized that the demand for consoles in Japan is simply not what it once was, and PS4 is doing rather well considering the current environment there. Sony got the Vita's pricing right, and it has done well in Japan ever since, meanwhile the Vita continues to do very poorly outside of Japan. The Playstation 3 will remain the platform of choice in Japan, and Japanese developers who dont typically sell their games outside of Japan will most definitely stick with the PS3.

Why would anyone buy a standalone copy of Knack if it's bundled with every PS4 in Japan? I know we're not talking about many people here, but what's the rationale?

I'm lost??? What do you need to know? I just quoted a part of the article...

Out of the 66,772 knack copies sold during the second week, 65,685 of them were part of a PS4 bundle. Meaning; only 1,087 actual game copies were sold outside of being bundle during the second week.

FYI: I think knack sucks anyhow... my son loves it though (but he's a baby). :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI: I think knack sucks anyhow... my son loves it though (but he's a baby). :LOL:

Sounds like the adult to me...;):LOL:

I'm fairly neutral towards knack, I got it because my kids wanted it and we played through it. They loved it, I enjoyed it. But it's not my kind of game really, though I have found myself dipping back in to find more gadgets. The biggest problem with that is they are so sparse it'll take multiple re-plays to get them all and the game isn't engaging enough to justify it.

I'm lost??? What do you need to know?

I think he wants to know why anyone would buy Knack separately if it already comes bundled with every new PS4 console. It's a simple question. How can you or anyone not understand that simple question?

edit: Do they now have stand alone units on sale also? edit2. Even if they do, they still have more Knack copies sold than PS4 consoles, maybe tourists are buying them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the bundled Knack a download code or disc? If it's a download, then I can see why some would prefer a disc. If not, then I have no clue.

Maybe the software list is made from a newer data sample, so it's just a little more up-to-date than the hardware list.

Sent from my Xperia Z using Forum Runner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back