All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
So 2.3 attach rate for PS4. Kinda low.
PS4 has no game.

PS3_HAS_NO_GAME_by_FreshNfly89.png.jpg

More like 750k a month,
So less than the ps3/xb360/wii usually shipped every year i.e. > 10 million
I think thats pretty unlikely that sony thought the ps4 would sell worse than the worse selling of last gens consoles

Selling 6 million and having sold out narrative is the best possible place to be.

Limiting Japanese shipments so that it will be hard to find in major cities is almost a bonus. It will be perceived as a hot item and no negative stories in media. Selling 20-30k a week and being "sold out" would be optimal strategy for Japan if it happens.. Having lots of stock and dropping below 10k would be non optimal

Why would they sell less if they had more stock?

I would think optimal would be having enough units on shelves to satisfy demand.

I have to agree... it's not really a good place to be. I mean it's great that the demand is high and that they're selling at a fast pace, but Sony needs to do a better job of keeping up with demand.

There was a post at GAF showing the production numbers and they were quite a bit higher during December, so they seem to be able to produce more PS4s. But to be fair, it was probably because of Chinese New Years as it has been mentioned. Again, I think availability will be much better in March.

So 2.3 attach rate for PS4. Kinda low.
Japanese attach rate was really low, no doubt bringing the overall number down a bit. Many japanese buyers at launch seem to be fine the bundled Knack.

That said, it's still only a bit lower than the XB1's attach rate AFAIK. Both systems are going to have a low number at launch with limited software.

Last edited by a moderator:
My local Fry's here in Austin got some in at the end of last week, and I was able to walk in yesterday and pick one up without any kind of bundle.

I think I saw some PS4s for sale in Akihabara and in the showroom store in Tokyo, but they could be just empty boxes..
I could finally be able to buy the official dualshock 4 stand/charger in the showroom store, which had been completely sold out in Portugal since launch.

Hmm they still have 999+ (naturally I jumped on a chance to check PS4 stock!) and the PS4 is only ranked #25 and falling? What the heck is going on?

Either they just got these in or the ranking are bugged a bit currently. Will follow.

Hmm they still have 999+ (naturally I jumped on a chance to check PS4 stock!) and the PS4 is only ranked #25 and falling? What the heck is going on?

Either they just got these in or the ranking are bugged a bit currently. Will follow.

You said the same thing last month, the whole tracking aspect has a large delay. It won't budge for a while when going in stock and will similarly stay at the top far after it has gone out of stock.

You said the same thing last month, the whole tracking aspect has a large delay. It won't budge for a while when going in stock and will similarly stay at the top far after it has gone out of stock.

OK. I thought the rankings were (supposed to be) hourly updated (in fact they are) so dunno. If I said the same thing last month you're probably right :LOL:

At least this is the first large slog of Amazon PS4's I've seen in 2-3 weeks I think. So maybe Sony is back to rest of world after Japan launch.

Ranked 1 now, FYI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Date/Time Status
Mar 05 - 1:19 AM EST Amazon : Console In Stock for $399.99
Mar 05 - 1:13 AM EST Amazon : Console Out of Stock
Mar 05 - 1:02 AM EST Amazon : Console In Stock for $399.99
Mar 05 - 12:56 AM EST Amazon : Console Out of Stock

I don't know how you see the 999+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back