All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's as right as often as he's wrong. I.e, you may as well flip a coin ;)

Something I'd love to do, if I could ever find the time, is have a site dedicated to tracking pundit and analyst's predictions in the technology field. Certainly the crap that is written about Android, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Motorola, Nintendo, Sony is appalling. I have to stand by every piece of analysis I do. It's galling to see others seemingly use magic 8 balls to produce predictions and be reported on widely. :mad:

MS may decide to just go full on price drop after early adopters are done, just like they did with the OG xbox. dropped $100 after what? 3-6 mos? cant remember.

not as any admission that it's "not worth it" but just because no product exists in a vacuum and even with compelling software at pos, they have a competitor on the shelf $100 less.

I'm guessing they are at $449 faster than they planned had sony come with camera packed in at $479 as they probably expected them too.

still imagining mega bundles first... don't know why they can't just pack a free digital game of your choice in every box? I'm sure logistics of cost and profits would be an accounting nightmare but it could be done.

Something I'd love to do, if I could ever find the time, is have a site dedicated to tracking pundit and analyst's predictions in the technology field. Certainly the crap that is written about Android, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Motorola, Nintendo, Sony is appalling. I have to stand by every piece of analysis I do. It's galling to see others seemingly use magic 8 balls to produce predictions and be reported on widely. :mad:

http://www.amazon.com/Future-Babble-Pundits-Hedgehogs-Foxes/dp/B00AK2UTH2

Here's your answer on predictions in general.

The numbers that I'm seeing for the PS4 will surpass WiiU worldwide sales by mid April 2014, mid March being the earliest. XB1 should/could surpass WiiU sales by mid July, August being the latest. PS4 did fantastic numbers worldwide/stateside and XB1 did great stateside as well for December. Once the final piece of info is in place tomorrow, I will give you the numbers by late Saturday, or mid Sunday. :smile:

This year is going to be very interesting indeed....

The results of AppyGamers month long survey into 2013's most wanted are in. This is the top 10:

Code:
1	Playstation 4
2	GTA 5
3	CoD: Ghosts
4	Battlefield 4
5	AC4: Black Flag
6	HTC One
7	Samsung S4
8	Sony Xperia Z1
9	Xbox One
10	Go Pro Hero 3 Plus

I have no idea what Go Pro is!? And there is no iPhone 5 in the top 10. Other than that it seems in line with the general feel. Sony are getting a lot of media attention at the moment with the latest top games of 2013 lists coming out, LoU has really left an impression. An updated version for PS4 would definitely create a lot of buzz if it ever happens.

What surprised me by the graphs Phil made out of the BF4stats data, PC is the most popular platform for online multiplayer for BF4, then PS3, XB360, PS4 and XB1.
That is looking purely at the max players and 5 min intervall graph.

http://temp.conceptics.ch/bf4stats/

Already been done: http://tracour.net

Simply put, people that are good know what they are talking about.

Thanks for that. Nothing on Michael Pachter though.

Ooh, I didn't even notice Amazon sales charts are sortable by month too (til ROAD on GAF). And for Dec XBO is >PS4.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2013-12/videogames/?tag=viglink129408-20

Road noted Amazon UK had PS4 over XBO for Dec, and the sales numbers revealed reflected that, if it counts for anything.

It's weird because from what I've seen the yearly (2013) console chart positions rarely budge if at all. So are we to believe Amazon sold a miniscule amount of consoles in Dec compared to Nov? Dont know.

Ooh, I didn't even notice Amazon sales charts are sortable by month too (til ROAD on GAF). And for Dec XBO is >PS4.
That doesn't suprise me. Sony were launching in a load more territories so would almost certainly have less stock than XB1 in the US. Of more relevance IMO is that the PS4 is listed in the Amazon Marketplace at the same price as XB1.

Pachter claimed Sony was shipping 50% to gamestop in 2013.. but still not in stock. No idea how he got that info.

Xbox One has been in stock at gamestop.com for most of december..

Happened to wander into the local gamestop yesterday. Haven't been in one in a couple of years. Two XB1 and three PS4's in stock. You'll have to drive to the middle of nowhere and then take a left to get them. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back