Gran Turismo wishlist [PS4]

SlimJim

Banned
We all know the game will be coming, so I thought we could speculate about possible features or wishes, as well as speculate on the final product.

Now that they have the PS4 to work with, I think they will aim way too high. Leading to a dev time of about 3 years.
They have implemented next generation features on last generation hardware. Think about it, compare the technology to competing games. The lighting, or the realtime, gameplay car shaders. Imagine what they will implement on PS4.

-Digital Molecular Matter -damage engine?
-Raytracing?
-Support for 1080P/120fps?
-Support for 4K/30fps?

I think the realtime gameplay will look like other racers' pre-rendered trailers, GT5 included. So basically it will look like GT5/6 photomode, but in realtime, with a custom AA method that has the same quality as 16xMSAA.

What do you guys think? Which tech will it incorporate, when will it be released?

My guess is a GT6+ for PS4 revealed at E3 2014 for release at Q3 2014, while E3 2015 will have the true GT7 reveal, for release in early 2016. GT6+ will be constantly updated with new tracks, and they will have the PS3 and PS4 version both updated, with cross-buy DLC upgrades

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to know how much of a difference adaptive tessellation makes for performance, while maintaining the similar image quality. It seems like such an intuitive idea, but obviously much more difficult to implement.

I assume it will be in GT7 if it's in GT6.

Honestly DriveClub is shaping up to be what I want from a next-gen racer visually. I'd be happy with DriveClub's visuals and sound at 60fps with GT's physics.

I doubt we'll see GT6 on PS4. I think the earliest we'll get to see GT on PS4, is a prologue to GT7 maybe in Q4 2014, and GT7 releasing in Q4 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
We need:

-Better sounds
-Good AA
Better sounds
-100% premiums cars
-Better sounds
-Better crack détails
- Better sounds

1080p/60tps is a given

I don't even want to think about this yet with GT6 not being out, and PD games having a horrible wait-time track record.

Sorry it was not the intention to mislead people.

Back ontopic:
Before any GT5 reveals, Sony had plans to make it a cheap game where you only paid for the content you wanted to use. Does anyone think that might happen for GT7? Or will the sales of GT6, convince them that people still want a full, feature complete package with a lot of content (when compared to similar games)?

Sorry it was not the intention to mislead people.

Back ontopic:
Before any GT5 reveals, Sony had plans to make it a cheap game where you only paid for the content you wanted to use. Does anyone think that might happen for GT7? Or will the sales of GT6, convince them that people still want a full, feature complete package with a lot of content (when compared to similar games)?

I don't know but they should probably wait to see how well the model works in DriveClub.

Hmm, a VR version would be quite appealing ...

For VR though, I would almost hope that Sony releases a special PS4 that has twice the power of the PS4, so it can run VR versions of PS4 games without compromises. I'd probably pay the required markup. If that doesn't happen, I think I'll probably have more faith in PC driving VR for a while yet.

agree with patsu,
+ improve the user track.

it will be awesome i can make track by just driving somewhere and click "OK". Then in PS4 it will give 2 options,
1. Race track
2. Realistic track

Sony can combine data from satelite imagery, UAV shots, and OSM/Google Maps to make the track. And still allow for manual editing. like dragging from here to there to plow down some generic trees, then plow some generic houses. or just like the "zoning" and "trees drawing" in SimCity 4.

it will be awesome too if sony allows auto adding of road bumps. Maybe with special software on smartphone that track GPS and its motion censor?
or simply, a big red button on smartphone that i will manually touch when there are a road bump.

Back