In-line HTML5 Youtube videos on B3D

Grall

Invisible Member
Legend
...Don't work. Could it be made to work, possibly...? Because, flash, as we all know, is the devil.

Thank you very much in advance. :)

No problems, I'll look into it and sort that out.

Sweet. Could we maybe have a button in the toolbar that accepts an url and creates an YT embed? I've seen that on some other web forums. Also, same with vimeo vids? :) Thanks!

Sweet. Could we maybe have a button in the toolbar that accepts an url and creates an YT embed? I've seen that on some other web forums. Also, same with vimeo vids? :) Thanks!

Sure, once we migrate to xenforo. :D

More importantly, I have not been able to go full screen on an embedded youtube video on here since, well, the middle ages. Just thought I'd mention it.
EDIT: Nevermind, new forum software this weekend.

Sure, once we migrate to xenforo. :D

Let me know if I can do anything with www.techingames.net that allows you to embed something from that. :D Would be all kinds of awesome if we could link a game from there to a topic here and have the graphics discussion fill up the features in there, or something like that.

I'm just dreaming here, but who knows what's possible with the new software? I can easily add something for it whichever standard is needed.

I've had a look and I'm fairly sure we can easily build something embeddable. Let's work on that as soon as the dust has settled after the software swap.

The plan is to get the forums going on one theme, make sure it's ok and get any functional changes made, then get some other added. I'm sure we'll find something you're OK using.

Unfortunately I have to migrate at some point or it becomes very painful to maintain.

The plan is to get the forums going on one theme, make sure it's ok and get any functional changes made, then get some other added. I'm sure we'll find something you're OK using.
Ok if you say it like that, then it's fine, I love you and all the work you (and everyone else) do on this forum which has for centuries been an every day part of my life, without ever costing me a penny. :love:

The plan is to get the forums going on one theme
Could the first theme please be something that looks similar to the default vBulletin theme perhaps? I'm not terribly fond of the custom B3D theme I'm sorry to say. :)

I like the way it moves the posters name to the top when using your phone in portrait mode, makes the text of the post easy to read.

Could the first theme please be something that looks similar to the default vBulletin theme perhaps? I'm not terribly fond of the custom B3D theme I'm sorry to say. :)

Possibly. I'm likely to just generate a list of candidates and we'll just vote on what gets added and tweaked in the first round of changes.

I hope we can land on a small set of different looks and feels that the majority of us like, with a good amount of customisation.

I've softened over the years on the amount of visual choice I want to bake into the forums. I want to enable you to make it feel like home as much as I can, without making it unmaintainable.

I love the way styles and templates are done with xenforo. It makes customizing so much easier, especially when it comes to updating the styles.

Even if the rest of the internet stays on gifs forever, let's use modern tech here invented for the purpose for which it's being used.

@Shifty Geezer
There's a spec for animated PNG images, which supports modern, cutting-edge features such as alpha channel and ping-pong playback... :p

Unfortunately, only Safari supports it amongst mainstream browsers AFAIK.

What media formats do I need to investigate supporting in the media embedding thingy, that we're missing?

Back