Formula 1 - 2014 Season

The next race is in Germany, though, not Hungary. According to Ferrari Kimi will have no problems participating in the GP.
Yeah, sorry about that. Germany and Hungary is a double-header.
Good to hear about Kimi, though.

Yeah, sorry about that. Germany and Hungary is a double-header.
Good to hear about Kimi, though.

He will have to skip the testing in between though, which will be done by de la Rosa and Bianchi

Alonso v. Vettel was entertaining, but Alonso's tyres were just too old. All the complaining in the world won't fix that problem. Still, Vettel won track position and the complain-off, IMHO. :)
Vettel complaining was hilarious. :LOL:

The back and forth complaining between Alonso and Vettel is just too stupid that it became funny. I actually laugh a little when they exchanging complaints.

Not one normally to believe in conspiracy theories, but it is starting to look very odd how virtually every pitstop for Hamilton is on average a full second slower than Rosbergs...

Now it could be that Hamilton is consistently missing his stop mark which would mean the squad has to reposition slightly, but it does not appear to be the case. Then the other possibility is just that someone in the crew is just not as well drilled and is consistently slow replacing a tyre or maybe the jack man is different in approach or whoever gives the green light for safe release.

This looks even odder when if I recall correctly Hamiltons second stop after Rosberg has retired, is somehow not exceptionally slow given they would be being extra careful (and therefore usually a little slower) as he had a 40 second lead and last thing you need is a wheel nut not on properly.

As I said I normally don't go for conspiracy theories but you have to wonder if at least the very best crew get cherry picked for Rosberg on the principle of German driver for German team.. I would like to think though this isn't the case and they truly treat both drivers equally and let the chips fall where they may.

Not one normally to believe in conspiracy theories, but it is starting to look very odd how virtually every pitstop for Hamilton is on average a full second slower than Rosbergs...

Now it could be that Hamilton is consistently missing his stop mark which would mean the squad has to reposition slightly, but it does not appear to be the case. Then the other possibility is just that someone in the crew is just not as well drilled and is consistently slow replacing a tyre or maybe the jack man is different in approach or whoever gives the green light for safe release.

This looks even odder when if I recall correctly Hamiltons second stop after Rosberg has retired, is somehow not exceptionally slow given they would be being extra careful (and therefore usually a little slower) as he had a 40 second lead and last thing you need is a wheel nut not on properly.

As I said I normally don't go for conspiracy theories but you have to wonder if at least the very best crew get cherry picked for Rosberg on the principle of German driver for German team.. I would like to think though this isn't the case and they truly treat both drivers equally and let the chips fall where they may.

Maybe Ham should stop complaining openly and in this arrogant high horse way about his pit stop crew all the time - this is not the way to motivate people imo and could (maybe already is) backfiring at him.

You mean like he did during the race on Sunday when he told then not to worry about the stop as the next one will be good?

And I think anyone would mention it if it happened time and time again especially in the heat of the battle.

Tone down the hate and engage brain a little more.

You mean like he did during the race on Sunday when he told then not to worry about the stop as the next one will be good?

I heard him saying something different: "...the next stop should better be good" - this is completely different in tone, than what you heard?!?

Right after hearing it, I did post in this thread about Ham not being nice.

I don't hate, and I use my brain all the time (it at least controls all my body function such that I can survive) :)

I heard him saying something different: "...the next stop should better be good" - this is completely different in tone, than what you heard?!?

Right after hearing it, I did post in this thread about Ham not being nice.

Your post was anything but constructive. Next time, please post a quote or at least a reference to what you heard and where.

Anyway, as for the pitstop - nice or not, it's still a point I agree would be nice to see some clarification. Nico has been a long time with the team, so no issues there if he gets the better crop of the pit. It just seems a bit strange that Lewis consistently gets the slower pits. At the end of the day though, I'm glad that the pitstops haven't interfered with the racing. Better a slow pitstop than a faulty one with a penalty for next race.

I think you missed the first part, which was "Don't worry about that stop". Toto Wolff seemed to take it as a "positive" radio message at least:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114866

Wolff accepts that the victory on Sunday has done a lot to help Hamilton's frame of mind, but he also believes that the 2008 champion was coping better than critics suggested.

"I think, different to what the perception is, mentally he is very strong," explained Wolff.

"He can cope well with having had problems.

"One of the examples in the race was when he had another pitstop that wasn't perfect on the left rear.

"The first thing he did was he came on the radio and he said: 'Don't worry, let's make the next one better'.

"You can see the momentum in the team. It's not a blaming culture in here and we are trying to improve all together.

I think you missed the first part, which was "Don't worry about that stop". Toto Wolff seemed to take it as a "positive" radio message at least:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114866

I really missed that, also the commentary team missed this and interpreted his message as negative as I did...

The way Toto Wolf quoted Lewis is indeed completely different in tone and is even very nice and the right thing to do to get the pit stop crew on your side!

where are all the kimi fans these days?
:p

Making plans to get rid of the ass Ferrari calls his race engineer

Kimi had today asked twice whether the team is really, really sure he shouldn't go out again, because he thinks he should go out again. But no, Ferrari decided he won't go out again.

Kimi sucks these days, they need to sack him frankly. :D
There's nothing wrong with his skills, even the team admits it's the car that simply doesn't work with his driving style at all, not Kimi's skill, and Ferrari admitting there's something wrong with the car is really something that almost never happens

Just checking the qualifying results after a day out and I'm almost getting to the stage where I wonder at what point that you can start putting on the conspiracy tin foil hat regards Hamilton's car endlessly falling apart time and again when Rosberg's seems to be so reliable in comparison?

Just checking the qualifying results after a day out and I'm almost getting to the stage where I wonder at what point that you can start putting on the conspiracy tin foil hat regards Hamilton's car endlessly falling apart time and again when Rosberg's seems to be so reliable in comparison?

Do we have stats?

Same would go to Red Bull regarding Vettels car this season and Webbers car the past seasons and countless other teams, it's just that for whatever reasons most of the problems per team seem to focus on one car.

(Last weekend, though, there's nothing to conspire about, Hamilton used different brand of brakes which failed him, and he then switched to same brand Rosberg is using)

Mercedes wants to win the constructor's, so setting fire to their own car is not what they would do. The conspiracy theories are just bonkers.

Great race to watch and a great race by Alonso as well. He basically had everything going against him, slowest car of the front runners, bad luck with safety car timing and probably the slowest tires by the end of the race but still managed to pull in second.

Oh by the way I can't wait for the Hamilton - Rosberg bitchfight that must be breaking out soon. I so hope Rosberg is going to annoy the hell out of Hamilton the rest of the season.

Good race. Bud luck for Rosberg with the first safety car.

Wrt Ham vs Ros. It helped Ham a lot that Ros did not pass - he could have easily made it on the podium. Iirc, this season, Ros followed once the team advice and let Ham win...right?

At the end, it shows how good Ros is. Ham needs everything and beyond to keep is chance.

Also, I don't believe any conspiracy atm. Ros also had problems with overheating breaks during the race.

Back