Formula 1 - 2014 Season

Worrying that even with no ers it still took them until lap 68 to get passed the Mercedes. You would've thought they'd have been sitting ducks on the straight. Guess the car it's just a beast.

If it weren't for Perez, I'm sure the train behind him could easily pass Rosberg. Perez can't mount a challenge because his car loosing out in the twisty bit + he was one stopping thus doesn't have the tyre. Redbull can do similar times in the twisty bit and this time got the power advantage over Rosberg.

Well deserved for Danny when the Mercs started failing. I was hoping Massa could overtake and go for the win, but he was too timid overtaking and when he tried he crashed!

Rosberg did a fantastic job surviving at the end, Hamilton really needs to win every race from now on.

They actually had a power advantage (Rosberg was 160 bhp down) and they couldn't pass him until lap 68, how long were they following him?

With that much power lost, he should've been easy pickings.

They actually had a power advantage (Rosberg was 160 bhp down) and they couldn't pass him until lap 68, how long were they following him?

With that much power lost, he should've been easy pickings.
He was in the end, but he did a great job in the 2 first sectors staying out of Perez' DRS.

Austrian Qualifying Results:

1) Massa
2) Bottas
3) Rosberg
4) Alonso
5) Ricciardo
6) Magnussen
7) Kvyat
8) Raikkonen
9) Hamilton
10) Hulkenberg
11) Perez
12) Button
13) Vettel

Quite a qualification!

I'm happy for Williams and looking forward to tomorrows race where I predict Rosberg to go for a win and Fernando getting podium ...

What do you think guys?

Race tomorrow will be very interesting, Gj Massa on pole. Bottas made a mistake, could have grabbed it but Williams deserved it, if nothing just for their beautiful Martini stripe

I am currently in the US and couldn't follow! What happened?!? Why this crazy result? Did it rain?

Nah, normal qualifying really, Red Bulls just didn't have the pace, Hamiltons first try in last qualifying was disqualified due running out from track, on second try his rear locked up and he spun. Hülkenbergs time was disqualified aswell, same reason.

Nah, normal qualifying really, Red Bulls just didn't have the pace, Hamiltons first try in last qualifying was disqualified due running out from track, on second try his rear locked up and he spun. Hülkenbergs time was disqualified aswell, same reason.

Thanks!

Anyone knows if F1 is broadcasted live in the US?

Formula Mercedes marches on. Hamilton's first lap was amazing, though. Bottas deserved his podium with Massa in 4th. Alonso's Ferrari the 3rd quickest car with Räikkönen down in 10th.

Formula Mercedes marches on. Hamilton's first lap was amazing, though. Bottas deserved his podium with Massa in 4th. Alonso's Ferrari the 3rd quickest car with Räikkönen down in 10th.

Both Bottas & Massa could have finished on podium had Williams handled pitstop strategy better (they were far too slow answering to Mercedes stops)

Räikkönen had some issues with having only partial power on the car based on team radio. Also, Ferrari's Pat Fry admits it's not Räikkönen's skill that's causing the lackluster performance but the teams inability to deliver a car that works even remotely like he likes it to (It's fine for Alonso, who likes understeering cars, but Kimi prefers responsive, almost oversteering cars and so far Ferrari's tries to make the front more responsive have made the back of the car lose traction completely)

edit:
Interview confirms that Kimi was driving with underpowered car after 2 laps, they had to turn down the power to prevent some parts of the power unit from overheating apparently.

Räikkönen had some issues with having only partial power on the car based on team radio.

I think even a bigger problem in yesterday's GP was that Ferrari completely failed to time the Räikkönen's first pit stop correctly. Here's the order of some of the drivers before the first pit stops (lap 8):

6. Magnussen
7. Räikkönen (+0.4s)
8. Hulkenberg (+0.8s)
9. Kvyat (+0.4s)
10. Ricciardo (+0.2s)

And here's those same drivers after the first pit stops (Räikkönen was the last to change his tyres at lap 17):

9. Magnussen
10. Hulkenberg (+1.3s)
11. Kvyat (+2.2s)
13. Ricciardo (+0.6s)
14. Räikkönen (+1.5s)

I think even a bigger problem in yesterday's GP was that Ferrari completely failed to time the Räikkönen's first pit stop correctly. Here's the order of some of the drivers before the first pit stops (lap 8):

6. Magnussen
7. Räikkönen (+0.4s)
8. Hulkenberg (+0.8s)
9. Kvyat (+0.4s)
10. Ricciardo (+0.2s)

And here's those same drivers after the first pit stops (Räikkönen was the last to change his tyres at lap 17):

9. Magnussen
10. Hulkenberg (+1.3s)
11. Kvyat (+2.2s)
13. Ricciardo (+0.6s)
14. Räikkönen (+1.5s)

This gets even better: Kimi said in interview by german magzine Motorsport Magazin that he had requested pitstop earlier already, but the team refused it

This gets even better: Kimi said in interview by german magzine Motorsport Magazin that he had requested pitstop earlier already, but the team refused it
Wow; He has gone from them viewing him as their superstar to now being the red-headed step child.
Ferrari are blaming their drivers for the teams short comings.

Back