Formula 1 - 2014 Season

3 years so at least until 2015.

Rosberg clever fox or genuine locking of the wheels at Monaco? /Scratches chin

I missed the race, what happened with Kimi?

IIRC, he was 4th on the opening lap then 3rd after Vettel ret. Then there was a safety car incident on around lap 20-ish which triggers a bunch of pit stops. The incident came when the out of position car have been given the green light to un-lap them self. I don't remember if it was shown in the TV, but from the commentators apparently there was a slight collision between a Marussia (edit: Chilton, not Bianchi) and Kimi which I think punctured his rear tire. So Kimi need to come to the pit again effectively ruin his potential podium or at worst finishing ahead of Alonso (who finished in a lonely 4th place).

It might be a mistake with Kimi or with the Marussia or simply a misunderstanding between both. Anyway, no investigation, which probably means just a bad luck for Kimi.

As I mentioned earlier, I think it was a Marussia, although I might be wrong. But the real surprise of the race is that Bianchi finished in (iirc) 9th place! That was after adding a 5 secs penalty, otherwise he would be ahead 1 more place. The 5 secs itself was a bit of amateur mistake by a bunch of driver behind Maldonado. Maldonado basically stalled and couldn't do the warm up lap, thus he was starting from the pit. Some (all?) cars behind him probably took the wrong position because of Mal absence.

This is all from the top of my head. I might remember it wrong and some of it are either an assumption on my part or I just a conclusion that I draw from what I can remember. I'm saying this because I wasn't concentrating enough on the race.

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed the race, what happened with Kimi?

Kimi pitted twice during safety car, at the time there was no info on why, commentators suspected wrong set of tires.

Later there was word that there was collision between Marussia and Kimi, which Kimi later confirmed (Marussia hit him in the middle of the corner from behind), but it was never shown on any camera

LOL, this is just hilarious.

Räikkönen was called to stewards after the race. That, however, had nothing to do with his crashes, but him being absent from the drivers parade. No-one even mentioned the Marussia-crash until Räikkönen asked the stewards about it himself. In the end, Chilton got a warning on his account from it.

LOL, this is just hilarious.

Räikkönen was called to stewards after the race. That, however, had nothing to do with his crashes, but him being absent from the drivers parade. No-one even mentioned the Marussia-crash until Räikkönen asked the stewards about it himself. In the end, Chilton got a warning on his account from it.

He got called to the stewards, and got reprimanded, for taking out Magnussen.

Nice quote from Kimi - "But I didn't really care at that point - a few points for eighth place, or 10th place or 11th place, it makes no difference for me."

Nice quote from Kimi - "But I didn't really care at that point - a few points for eighth place, or 10th place or 11th place, it makes no difference for me."

Dive bombing into the Gran Hotel hairpin with zero chance of overtaking, or even making it round the corner, then backing on to Magnussens front wing before driving on; then "not caring"/apologizing after the fact. - A real class act.

Cheers

He got reprimand for that, true, but was called to stewards regardless for missing the drivers parade.
The move was risky, and the risk didn't pay off because the car jumped from the kerb. Without the jump it would have turned (and wouldn't be the first time it's done in the said corner)

It was strange that there is no investigation for the Chilton-Kimi collision. And there was also no replay. Where was exactly the collision took place?

It was strange that there is no investigation for the Chilton-Kimi collision. And there was also no replay. Where was exactly the collision took place?

In unknown turn during safety car. Someone just has to figure out in which part of the track is a turn which isn't covered by TV cameras

This cannot be the case, there is no way they would have blind spots.

Ye well, all I know is that 1) it was never shown anywhere 2) no-one (media / viewers) knew at first what happened 3) Chilton got a reprimand or what those warning things you now collect are called

Ye well, all I know is that 1) it was never shown anywhere 2) no-one (media / viewers) knew at first what happened 3) Chilton got a reprimand or what those warning things you now collect are called

Cars have cameras, so FOM surely has the footage available to them. It's just sad we can't see it as they keep most of car footage to themselves :(

Apparently Kimi wasn't entirely free of fault. He has said that he wasn't warned on his radio that cars were going to unlap so he was caught unaware when Chilton went to unlap himself. I'm guessing Kimi was supposed to give room to Chilton and the reprimand for Chilton is probably just a case of telling him next time make sure you don't assume you can get past.

Apparently Kimi wasn't entirely free of fault. He has said that he wasn't warned on his radio that cars were going to unlap so he was caught unaware when Chilton went to unlap himself. I'm guessing Kimi was supposed to give room to Chilton and the reprimand for Chilton is probably just a case of telling him next time make sure you don't assume you can get past.

According to some reports Chilton tried to pass and then hit Kimi in Mirabeau, not the best place to do such a move regardless if the driver in front of you is aware that you're allowed to pass him.

According to some reports Chilton tried to pass and then hit Kimi in Mirabeau, not the best place to do such a move regardless if the driver in front of you is aware that you're allowed to pass him.
I think it just shows his inexperience at Monaco.

It's interesting to see how this works, when Magnussen hit Kimi because Kimi lost his car the fans where out with their knives, including kimi.
Magnussen even excused though, it wasn't entirely his fault,it was a racing accident

Now kimi makes a clear mistake, doesn't say sorry,yet Magnussen just says racing accident again.

Kimi the arrogant..

Back