Xbox One: B3D User’s FAQ

As now there is no restriction what markeplace to use (just set language&locale) So is there _any_ point to use other marketplace than US? At the moment there is no marketplace for my region and US marketplace seems to have lowest prices.. And if I find interesting offers in, for example, UK marketplace I just switch region, right?

Right now there's probably a risk that this will be shut down, and that you can't get updates. So I'd be wary.

Nevermind the game being fun or not ;),I am told the upscaler is very good or good enough. When u play Forza5 vs DR3, are u able to tell, like I can on my monitor due to the inherent blur in a 720p game, that u r playing an upscaled 720p game? Or is the upscaler too good and somehow makes the it un-noticeable?

Hmmmm, it's hard to say. My XBO is currently connected to a 46" 1080p TV and I sit about 4 feet away. So, it is not what I would call a monitor like experience (or what my monitor viewing experience is like). Like I mentioned earlier, resolution is the least of DR3's worries IMO. A great many of the in-game assets just don't hold up very well compared to other games. The best thing it has going for it, visually, is the sense of scope you get with the number of zombies on screen. That and the cutscene character models hold up pretty well I think. If your frame of reference is PC games with great AA and 1080p+ for resolution, I'm not entirely sure any of the next gen games I've played would look to good up close to someone whose eyes have grown accustom to that. If what you've been playing are PS3/360 games on the same setup then I suspect it won't look any worse, and possibly better since IIRC DR3 has a proper 720p native resolution and not Sub-HD like so many PS360 games. Please note, I'm not particularly sensitive to resolution, frame rate or even screen tearing unless I see an A to B comparison! As such, I'm not in a particularly good position to judge the XBO's scaler performance. So, take what I say with an appropriate grain of salt.

EDIT

Long story short, nothing stood out to me visually that said "Holy crap, somethings wrong here!" when playing DR3 being upscaled to 1080p by the One.

DR3 is such a dark game, the enhanced contrast/sharpening probably doesn't stand out. For CoD it really did seem to make the lower resolution stand out more rather than less, which was a bit unfortunate, as that's not the point of an upscaler surely?

It's interesting though that Ryse does its own upscaling. So apparently that's still a possibility for developers, and one that can work really well too.

Is anyone else having issues with Kinect voice recognition? i have to ease my voice a lot for it to get the "XBox" portion of a command. And "XBox ON" has never worked even virtually shouting.

Wondering if the mic array in my kinect is bad.

Is anyone else having issues with Kinect voice recognition? i have to ease my voice a lot for it to get the "XBox" portion of a command. And "XBox ON" has never worked even virtually shouting.

Wondering if the mic array in my kinect is bad.
Works fine for me, but if you are having problems with your Kinect, the power brick or anything, register your console using the serial number placed in the underside here:

https://myservice.xbox.com

Console repairs are available at no charge through the standard warranty expiration date of Feb 10, 2016. This device is eligible for an Extended Service Plan.

Request Service: Replacement service for hardware malfunctions is available for this device at no charge through the standard warranty expiration date of Feb 10, 2016.

I dont have broadband internet at my house ,infact i only have my cell phone internet at home.
So If I need an app or update I go to my mothers or friends where there is broadband.
I think its kinda messed up that I only get achievements when I connect to xbox live.
So when I am able to connect to live the first thing that happens is I get 5 to 10 achievement notifications.

Am I the only person who is not receiving achievements offline?

Also when I did my day one update friday at 12:15 it said the update was only 550mb.
Did other users on this for get the same update size?

I know the update was supposed to be 1.5gb

Also when I did my day one update friday at 12:15 it said the update was only 550mb.
Did other users on this for get the same update size?

I know the update was supposed to be 1.5gb

Don't believe the 1.5gb number that was likely spawned by some internet attention whore.

The update everyone on B3D reported to get is only around 556 meg. That's the size of the update I got as well.

Don't believe the 1.5gb number that was likely spawned by some internet attention whore.

The update everyone on B3D reported to get is only around 556 meg. That's the size of the update I got as well.

Thank you for the reply Brit. I think it was ign that reported it as 1.5gb

FYI, even if x1 is region free it's companion app 'Xbox One Smartglass' is not..which is odd and stupid.

Ok, so had time now to setup my new X1.

First impression: the One is huuuuge and heavy!! Even with an external power unit!

Setup itself was super easy and fast...update was fast as well, setting up my Xlive account as well.

I am currently installing Ryse now...if I see it right, it also kind of forces me to dl the 9.5gig update?!? Not sure...

I have one question though: during the setup and the reboot, my X1 was quite load, was an unpleasant high pitched sound...probably from the HDD, as it sometimes stopped and the fans seem to make a different noise. My question: is this normal? How do I find out if my new shiny box is ok?

I have one question though: during the setup and the reboot, my X1 was quite load, was an unpleasant high pitched sound...probably from the HDD, as it sometimes stopped and the fans seem to make a different noise. My question: is this normal? How do I find out if my new shiny box is ok?

Hmmm, my XBO's idle sound is a bit... off, but I don't recall it ever being loud under any conditions. At least not that I've made mental note of. Is this is consistent behavior during reboots or was it a one time thing? Was there is a disc in the drive?

Im sorry for resurrecting an older thread, but has any Xbox One owner ever noticed their console lose time? Mine loses 5 mins ever time I set the clock. It happens the day after I set it.
It isnt a continuous loss of 5 mins everyday. It only happens within 24hrs of setting it.

Im sorry for resurrecting an older thread, but has any Xbox One owner ever noticed their console lose time? Mine loses 5 mins ever time I set the clock. It happens the day after I set it.
It isnt a continuous loss of 5 mins everyday. It only happens within 24hrs of setting it.

No, I have never had this issue.

Huh I have only noticed it since I moved to a house across the street about 3 months ago.
I wonder if it could be caused by small unnoticeable brown outs or something?

Do you use instant-on? Or do you have it turned off completely when you're done (energy saving)? Do you have auto-updates enabled?

I'm using instant-on and have auto-updates enabled. I'm also using wired networking. Mine is also plugged in through a UPS.

If it's a single, constant 5 minutes within 24 hours, it's more likely setting to an internet time or something that's five minutes behind what you set the clock. Try setting it deliberately fast/slow and see if it changes back to to 'its' time.

If it's a single, constant 5 minutes within 24 hours, it's more likely setting to an internet time or something that's five minutes behind what you set the clock. Try setting it deliberately fast/slow and see if it changes back to to 'its' time.

Well it isnt connected to the internet at all. I go to a friend's house for updates.
Also I run it in energy saving mode (full shutdown) since it isnt on a network.
I have tried setting it 3 mins ahead and same as before within 24hrs it loses 5 mins.

Back