Assassins Creed IV Black Flag

Same sort of thing happened to me in Heroes of Might and Magic 6. uSuck. I've never had that happen with Steam.

I've never had that happen on the consoles, so I wonder if the integration with UPlay is different on the PC.

I didn't know there was uPlay for consoles. How does that work?

On PC it is an absolutely useless abortion, even worse than the HDD trawling system resource devouring scourge of humanity known as Origin.

I didn't know there was uPlay for consoles. How does that work?

On PC it is an absolutely useless abortion, even worse than the HDD trawling system resource devouring scourge of humanity known as Origin.

In the Sands of Time and the AssassinCreed series, you optionally login to the uPlay account. The hook there is when you get certain achievements you earn uPlay tokens. When you earn so many tokens you can spend them at the uPlay store. The only items I've redeemed them for was additional armor abilities in SandOfTime and additional knives and crossbow ammo slots in AC series. Some other options are in game costumes. I think they also had it so you could redeem for hints/clues/guides. I don't think they have uPlay cloud saves tied to game saves, I think they just use MS or Sony cloud save infrastructures for that.

Can you purchase games through uPlay on consoles? Sounds like they're trying to bone you out of content that was already in the game. There must be a reason for it.

In case it isn't obvious, I have a strong dislike for Ubisoft business practices :D

Hot Damn that looks amazing. Smoke casts shadows and everything!

It is a bit overdone IMO with the amount of smoke from firing pistols, but I've never shot a flintlock pistol so maybe that's accurate?

AC:IV gets a PhysX update:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-physx

It adds some great smoke effects but it OBLITERATES performance, at least on my rig. I'd recommend you don't apply unless you've got a dedicated PhysX GPU.

At max settings, 1080p and 2x TXAA I'll go down from ~45fps to maybe 27fps even with the "Low" setting applied.

Just add a second 670. I've been using two 670's for a really long time now, almost two years I think, and I've been able to max out every game at 60fps so far even with all physx enabled. They should be dirt cheap now anyways.

Just wanted to say that AC4 has excellent SLI scaling on my 680 SLI setup. Which is so much better than much more disappointing AC3 SLI scaling.

Just add a second 670. I've been using two 670's for a really long time now, almost two years I think, and I've been able to max out every game at 60fps so far even with all physx enabled. They should be dirt cheap now anyways.

2 670's definitely wouldn't be enough to max out this game at 60fps, even with 100% scaling. My 670 is pretty much at 680 performance but if I were to load up TXAA 4x plus all the other settings including PhysX I reckon I'd be looking at low 20's most of the time.

2x 780Ti's might just cut it though ;)

I think it'll be Maxwells successor at least before I upgrade though. I like to turn everything to the max but this GPU seems to handle most things pretty well at the moment. Certainly well beyond consoles settings - at least for now.

2 670's definitely wouldn't be enough to max out this game at 60fps, even with 100% scaling. My 670 is pretty much at 680 performance but if I were to load up TXAA 4x plus all the other settings including PhysX I reckon I'd be looking at low 20's most of the time.

2x 780Ti's might just cut it though ;)

I think it'll be Maxwells successor at least before I upgrade though. I like to turn everything to the max but this GPU seems to handle most things pretty well at the moment. Certainly well beyond consoles settings - at least for now.

Really? That's great news to me actually. I've been itching to upgrade my 2 year old graphics hardware and have been looking for an excuse, but so far I haven't come across any game that I couldn't run at max everything with my two ancient 670's. Hopefully this will finally change so I can go splurge on some new video hardware!

Yeah I'm sure there'll be plenty of next gen games to give you a reason but maxed out AC4 is probably the heaviest game out there at the moment. If you really want a reason for more GPU power though just get a 3D monitor. The visual pay off is WAY in excess of what most games will offer when you throw twice the performance at them. Unfortunately, AC4 isn;t one of those games that supports it. Then again, it'll be a couple of years before any SLI combination can max that game out in 3D at 60fps.

And now they've just fixed 3D Vision :D Performance isn't too bad either, I can max it out with SMAA and still get around 30fps apart from in heavy action scenes. I'm not sure the 3D effect is all that great though, I've a feeling whatever they changed to make it work compromised the 3D effect. Still looks pretty awesome though.

I saw this game get compared on current-gen and nex-gen consoles. And i think there is no huge difference found in the graphics of this game. Maybe this is because AC4 is still in the early stage of the migration from Xbox 360/PS3 to Xbox One/PS 4, so the developers aren't still ready to do some complete overhaul to this game, in term of graphics. But i believe on PC, this game will look much even gorgeous.

I know this is an old thread but did anyone play this game? is it more of the same? I started playing it and I must admit I am addicted to pirating around on my own boat! Game looks really good as well.

This game is awesome. I never completed it but I sure did put a ton of hours into it. Once I'd beaten all of the super pirate ships I kind of lost interest, but it took me a very long time to do that.

I'm currently on AC III but got sidetracked with Diablo 3 and GTA V. Everything I've read here about them indicate AC IV is one of the really decent in the series, mainly due to the pirating etc.

I know this is an old thread but did anyone play this game? is it more of the same? I started playing it and I must admit I am addicted to pirating around on my own boat! Game looks really good as well.

It's an awesome game and definitely not more of the same. Probably the only AC I would consider re-playing (and I've played them all).

It's an awesome game and definitely not more of the same. Probably the only AC I would consider re-playing (and I've played them all).
That is what I like to hear :) Right now I am trying to get the ship maxed out, get Edward maxed out, found a ton of treasure maps so I need to do some treasure map hunts next. There's so much to explore so much content in the game to unlock it's absolutely staggering!

Back