New PS4 Smell

And it's in my hands, connected updated and running.. shared videos, pictures etc on facebook. A 15 min video is a 700+ MB upload. Slick interface didn't take long to feel at home.

Currently with one game except the PS+ freebies, AC4, which i haven't had time to play..

Compared to the PS3 this is a much more solid product.

EDIT: And it's so Tiny :)

Ohh and just to add:

qBTjStN.jpg

Not problem for me - when I tested a short while ago when I switched from wifi back to wired ethernet - but it's slow for sure. What message is it giving, like, error -2160004, or something like that? :) Give it a little while, maybe it clears itself up.

Grall I finally logged in. Before errored in different ways from some numeric code to "can't reach server in time" or something like that.

Playing Knack with my youngest. Haven't been able to sign into the PSN yet though!

Straight out of the box I replaced the HDD with the 1TB SSHD I had here, reinitialised the PS4 and then installed the update. Everything worked as it should.

Speaking of download I am downloading slower than usual.
I recently download 5Gb in less then 10 minutes but now it took me at least 20 minutes to download Shadow Fall initial install pack. (7.7Gb)

The 1.51 software update was downloaded AND installed in a minute, max 90 seconds.
Shadow fall patch was downloaded and installed pretty much in instantaneously.

My other "first hour" impression:
-The DS4 is very comfortable to handle and the buttons are better placed, also the weight is right IMO (the DS3 is bit too light for my taste).
The analog sticks are definitely better, I felt it right away even without playing.
I also immediately felt that the buttons are digital not analog, which is a strange feeling after 13 years of analog buttons.
R2 and L2 are so much better now.
Also the D-pad itself is better as well and Share & Option buttons are very well placed, clicking them inadvertently is a non issue.
I never had problem using the DS2 or DS3 but really I like the changes they made and they are for the best IMO.
-I have not yet tested it in every situation but Ps4 is very quiet, more than PS3 no doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried to get Netflix from the store but no luck, so guess things are overloading right now. Glad I did most of my downloading in the morning!

Ohh and just to add:
Lucky!

I dismantled mine to verify the rumors of cheap thermal paste on the first batch made in China. Well, it was false, still has a nice viscosity after 100 hours of play.

Ok I downloaded and installed Shadow Fall 41Gb (patch is included) in less than 4 hours, it's PS4 launch day and I started the download in the afternoon (more critical time).
All considered I must say that so far downloading from the PS Store, is such critical condition was not terrible at all.
Also I didn't start playing immediately but really 20-30 minutes wait before you start playing it's not bad, especially for a game of this size, especially compared to PS3.

Also I noticed that SF only has installed the language I selected as my system language BUT I can download other languages If I want to.
Is it the same for the disc version?

Last edited by a moderator:
UK PS4 (Killzone Megapack - 2x DS4, Killzone, PlayStation camera), made in China. Like everything else I own!

Beautiful UI, beautiful controllers. Can't believe how tiny the console is.

Got mine today as well but I`m still not able to Login... first I got various errors, then a maintenance message and now ìts just sitting at the waiting Screen

Yeah PSN is having problems.
In US they have Black Friday and PS Store has sales as well, here in EUK we have PS4 launch.

Back