New PS4 Smell

Anyone try out "Live from Playstation". I did over the weekend and it definitely not for the kiddie's, I think I seen it all...guns, drugs, racist comments/jokes and apparently someone exposed their wife. I kind of enjoy watching people play through games I don't own it actually motivated me to purchase KZSF.

Give random people a platform from which to act like idiots and you better not be surprised if they do just that... ;) Sony better put in some parental controls restrictions here, because this is a timebomb waiting to explode in the media.

Give random people a platform from which to act like idiots and you better not be surprised if they do just that... ;) Sony better put in some parental controls restrictions here, because this is a timebomb waiting to explode in the media.

Yeah I guess they did not expect people to use playroom as a uncensored broadcast stage. Druggie's and Nudist's are gamer's too :D.

There is also a lot of opportunity here so I hope the people not using the service appropriately will get weed out.

Anyone try out "Live from Playstation". I did over the weekend and it definitely not for the kiddie's, I think I seen it all...guns, drugs, racist comments/jokes and apparently someone exposed their wife. I kind of enjoy watching people play through games I don't own it actually motivated me to purchase KZSF.

Yeah i have been watching the streams on twitch and its full of swearing and weirdos showing thier dogs,etc.....and they have people watching n commenting too !!!

I watched some Knack and some BF4 matches to see how the games work on the ps4. Its a very good tool, but they need to put restrictions on that swearing n weirdos stuff. Otherwise it will eimply need to be removed, which would be really bad. Its like those kids on COD have now got another place to sqeak n swear. :-/

Yeah i have been watching the streams on twitch and its full of swearing and weirdos showing thier dogs,etc.....and they have people watching n commenting too !!!

I watched some Knack and some BF4 matches to see how the games work on the ps4. Its a very good tool, but they need to put restrictions on that swearing n weirdos stuff. Otherwise it will eimply need to be removed, which would be really bad. Its like those kids on COD have now got another place to sqeak n swear. :-/

Or people making bad career ending mistakes. I watch one group while drinking for hours, husband, wife and friend sit and tell racist jokes and she mentions that she it a teacher somewhere:oops::oops:

I wouldn't trade in a YLOD PS3 as that'd be unfair on whoever bought it. They'd be effectively buying a broken product, like selling someone a knackered 2nd hand car with sawdust in the gearbox to make it run smoother before it dies. YLOD or similar HW should only be sold as parts or clearly labelled as 'resurrected'.

Repair sort of work but I screwed up the plastic blu-ray ribbon clamp in the process, now my drive isn't working properly..maybe I will use some ACF and bond the flex to board. System currently boots up though but it running really hot...Ended up keeping it.

Good moment to backup your saves, perhaps to the cloud with PSPlus

The correct IP is communicated through PSN I believe.

Ah, interesting. That would explain the sign in requirement. I wonder how often it updates. If that's the case and PSN is handling the discovery of the external IP, all that's needed is for whatever holds that public IP to route the RP port(s) to the PS4's internal IP. I should give this a try.

EDIT

Here' we go:

If your router does not support UPnP, you must adjust the router's port forwarding setting to allow communication to the PS4™ system from the Internet. The port numbers that are used by remote play are 9295 (for TCP), and 9296 and 9297 (for UDP). If these ports are unavailable, it might be possible to use ports 9295~9304 (for TCP and UDP). For information about these settings, refer to the instructions supplied with your router.

3 ports this time (1 for TCP, 2 for UDP).

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone try out "Live from Playstation". I did over the weekend and it definitely not for the kiddie's, I think I seen it all...guns, drugs, racist comments/jokes and apparently someone exposed their wife.

I was watching "darckobra" earlier in the night before things went off the rails. It was pretty entertaining actually though by the time I had turned off the PS4 he had done like 12 to 14 shots of whiskey in maybe an hour or so (not sure how many his wife had had) and so was well on his way to a demented level of drunkeness. Still, not the outcome I would have expected based on how they were dealing with the bottom raking nature of Twitch chat (raw yet charming).

I hope we don't lose the spontaneity of Playroom streams due to an overreaction.

Maybe a solution is to officially support non-gaming channels and throw those behind age restrictions?

Cheers

I say put them behind age restrictions and let things be. The majority of next-gen console owners are adults and this thing deserves it's own place.

I say put them behind age restrictions and let things be. The majority of next-gen console owners are adults and this thing deserves it's own place.

Yes, but pls do put a warning about explicit language or content over streams. Don't want my family atmosphere spoiled unknowingly.

You know that there will be uproar in mainstream media as soon as little Timmy hears bad words/sees a naked nipple/similar, regardless of how many warnings sony throws up. It's the order of things.

You know that there will be uproar in mainstream media as soon as little Timmy hears bad words/sees a naked nipple/similar, regardless of how many warnings sony throws up. It's the order of things.

Thats okay, but i need a warning when. I am with my niece n nephew or when my ps4 is in my living room.A warning is enough for me. They can let the broadcaster assign tags to his stream. Its a simple solution which will work.

I was watching "darckobra" earlier in the night before things went off the rails. It was pretty entertaining actually though by the time I had turned off the PS4 he had done like 12 to 14 shots of whiskey in maybe an hour or so (not sure how many his wife had had) and so was well on his way to a demented level of drunkeness. Still, not the outcome I would have expected based on how they were dealing with the bottom raking nature of Twitch chat (raw yet charming).

I hope we don't lose the spontaneity of Playroom streams due to an overreaction.

Maybe a solution is to officially support non-gaming channels and throw those behind age restrictions?

Cheers

Looks like the mainstream media got a hold of it:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/husband-ps4-stream-naked-passed-wife-article-1.1528580

As long as it keeps ending with:

"In addition to our own efforts, the Twitch community is unique in that it likes to flag content they suspect or know is a breach of our ToS," a spokesman for Twitch told the gaming glob. "Like any social network from YouTube to Facebook, there will always be a very small minority of users who attempt to circumvent the rules."

... there's hope this won't become a big thing.

I really like how the PS4 installs games. Last night, I just put in my AC4 disc without turning on the tv while I was cleaning up after dinner and the game was ready to play later that night without me having to do anything. I love the automation.

Back