New PS4 Smell

How does it work ? You have a separate Twitch id ? Can I find your session from iOS now ?
I am no longer connected to the PS4. Outside the office.

Anyone tried Octodad yet? I want to know if it's as hilariously awesome as it looks. The demo they showed of him getting married had me cracking up.

Anyone tried Octodad yet? I want to know if it's as hilariously awesome as it looks. The demo they showed of him getting married had me cracking up.

Not out yet ? Only saw a trailer in the store.

I downloaded Resogun remotely for free from my iPhone PS app. Will check the PS4 when I am back in office.

The iPhone companion app shopping doesn't quite work on iPad. Got stuck at the store. Works fine on iPhone.

Not out yet ? Only saw a trailer in the store.

I downloaded Resogun remotely for free from my iPhone PS app. Will check the PS4 when I am back in office.

The iPhone companion app shopping doesn't quite work on iPad. Got stuck at the store. Works fine on iPhone.

Oh damn, 2014 release, I think. That's too bad. Looks great.

Other than of an odd asset or 2 that's outside of gameplay (and I literally mean 1 or 2) Flower looks gorgeous. As one might expect it to. Although I am surprised at how well its held up visually (I'm sure the upgrades they did helped).

Other than of an odd asset or 2 that's outside of gameplay (and I literally mean 1 or 2) Flower looks gorgeous. As one might expect it to. Although I am surprised at how well its held up visually (I'm sure the upgrades they did helped).

Yeah, I found your Flower session using the iOS Twitter app.

By the time I'm back in the office, Resogun was already installed.

RemotePlay works again. Started KZSF on it. Works very well.

I noticed that when RemotePlay is active, the DS4 input will be disabled.

EDIT: The problem with RemotePlay is that the buttons are misnamed. ^_^
SELECT = SHARE
START = OPTIONS

How long the installation process takes? Is it vita-like for a few seconds?

I didn't measure. The drive noises lasted about 20-30 seconds (or less)... then everything is humming again.

I don't even know how much disk space it's using up at this point. However, I'm in the game via RemotePlay now.

EDIT: Oh wait, the noise is coming back. ^_^
So perhaps now it's trying to do background install again.

Ok, quiting KZSF made the noise go away.

Playing with Resogun on HDD seems quiet.

Inclined to think it's really the background install that created the noises.

Coming out of standby with things downloading in the background takes between 2 and 3 seconds. At the 2 second mark the audio starts playing again, 3 seconds and video is back (you're on the log in screen). This is after the drive upgrade. I'll have to test again once my download queue clears out.

How does this work? Can you only spectate people who are already streaming through twitch.tv or whatever?

Only those who are streaming PS4 streams.

You get to choose between watching ustream or twitch.tv streams at the top level "Live from Playstation" app menu.

If you're using the regular ustream/twitch tv websites or apps, then you can naturally see everything, including non-PS4 streams.

Coming out of standby with things downloading in the background takes between 2 and 3 seconds. At the 2 second mark the audio starts playing again, 3 seconds and video is back (you're on the log in screen). This is after the drive upgrade. I'll have to test again once my download queue clears out.

What is the spec of your new drive ?

What is the spec of your new drive ?

Not fast enough to cut the time down from 28 seconds to 3, I can pretty much guarantee you that much at least. It's a Samsung 830 Series (256GB). SATA 3 6 Gbps (not likely relevant for PS4) MLC flash based SSD. I think it has a dual core controller and 256 MB of DDR3 cache. But I'm going off fuzzy memory here. I've got my eye on the 840 Pros and 840 Evos as the next upgrade step. Once everything settles down (downloads/installs complete) I'll re-test the standby and cold boot modes. I did 1 cold boot test before getting distracted and doing something else and it seemed to be improved by 1 second, IIRC.

EDIT:

Specs directly from the box:
-3-core MCX controller
256MB DDR2 SDRAM cache

Is there a way to force install the entire KZSF to the disk ? Want to experiment with this noise thing.

Also if my RemotePlay connection dropped out, the game would be paused automatically. When I reconnect, I will be able to resume from that point.

Back