Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
:oops: next gen as f*ck indeed! This is like beyond the Dark Sorcerer level.
It's an off screen, blurry photo - all realtime graphics look 5.3x better when viewed as such. It may be the best looking game ever made, but this isn't the sort of evidence on which to base an evaluation.

Also, is that supposed to be Nathan Drake? :???:

It's an off screen, blurry photo - all realtime graphics look 5.3x better when viewed as such. It may be the best looking game ever made, but this isn't the sort of evidence on which to base an evaluation.

Also, is that supposed to be Nathan Drake? :???:
It's a double edged sword actually, while being offscreen allows it to hide the possible jaggies and adds contrast, it also loose fine texture details in certain areas. If anything a directfeed 1080p shot would look drastically better overall I believe.

Yeah it's Drake alright:), just more realistic and slimmer this time.

Lol he looks more and more like Nolan North. Though i believe this time they made Drake closer from his design from U2 than U3.

Art looks great.

Original teaser trailer heavily hinted at Henry Every, pirate who operated few decades before our modern "celebrated" pirate age with Blackbeard & his generation of troublemakers. They all grew up listening to the tales of Henry Every, the pirate who not only scored one of the highest pirate loots of all time, but also managed to never get caught and live to spend his loot [rest of his crew however... almost all were caught and hanged].

Map also showed Southern tip of Africa, Madagascar and most importantly island of St. Mary, which was the home base of many pirates of that time. Destroyed and submerged city in this concept art is most certainly fabled [never found] pirate city called "Libertatia".

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a double edged sword actually, while being offscreen allows it to hide the possible jaggies and adds contrast, it also loose fine texture details in certain areas. If anything a directfeed 1080p shot would look drastically better overall I believe.
It would look better in the sense that it would be cleaner and more possible to enjoy actually playing the game. But imperfections would also show. Crappy offscreen footage looks like crap, but it usually makes games look more "impressive" since your brain isn't immediately aware of the flaws in the source scene, just the capture method. When we are met with a poor capture, our eyes tend to assume the best about the source scene.

I mean, just look at this. If someone wasn't very technically minded in graphics and/or wasn't paying very close attention on the straightaway, you could probably trick them into thinking it's from a fancy upcoming PS4/XB1 game or some such business, even though it's running on an original Xbox.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last day @GalleryNucleus is Sunday. Come see how E3 Trailer Drake was made, 3D prints & more! http://nghtyd.gs/1130uu5

https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/stat...41870688034816
BzoL-ODIgAAmd2F.png:large

Man I really hope the in game model looks exactly like that with all the lighting and shader intact. But somehow doubt it if they're targeting 1080p/60.

Man I really hope the in game model looks exactly like that with all the lighting and shader intact. But somehow doubt it if they're targeting 1080p/60.

They sure raised the bar high. There is not a single game I can think of at 60fps 1080p with a huge amount of detail on the current gen consoles. Any game that aims for lots of detail either sacrifices both or one of the two. Seems impossible. They will be gaming Gods if they achieve it though without visual fidelity sacrifices

They sure raised the bar high. There is not a single game I can think of at 60fps 1080p with a huge amount of detail on the current gen consoles. Any game that aims for lots of detail either sacrifices both or one of the two. Seems impossible. They will be gaming Gods if they achieve it though without visual fidelity sacrifices
Both Tomb Raider Definitive Edition and The Last of Us Remastered on PlayStation 4 are unlocked ~60fps at 1080p and having played both to death I can well believe Naughty Dog can deliver graphical miracles at a solid 60fps :yes:

I'll be more than happy if they can achieve the framerate in Infamous SS with graphics like in the trailer, I mean how does one come to grasp of a game that looks crazier than The Order while running at twice the framerate:oops:? Something just doesn't add up.

I'll be more than happy if they can achieve the framerate in Infamous SS with graphics like in the trailer, I mean how does one come to grasp of a game that looks crazier than The Order while running at twice the framerate:oops:? Something just doesn't add up.
Tremendous use of compute? Naughty Dog is also home to the ICE Team who introduced and propagated a number of graphical techniques at performance levels not previously seen on PlayStation 3.

Frankly I would be somewhat shocked if the game isn't jaw-dropping graphically. We're still in the first year of PlayStation 4 and I expect great things of look. Remember what PlayStation 3 game looked liked when the first Uncharted appeared?

Tremendous use of compute? Naughty Dog is also home to the ICE Team who introduced and propagated a number of graphical techniques at performance levels not previously seen on PlayStation 3.

Frankly I would be somewhat shocked if the game isn't jaw-dropping graphically. We're still in the first year of PlayStation 4 and I expect great things of look. Remember what PlayStation 3 game looked liked when the first Uncharted appeared?

Well I do admit compute is one wild card currently as I don't think anyone has used it to the fullest yet, if what Cerny said is true then I do expect devs like ND or SSM to exploit its full potential. I am keeping my faith tho:).

Well I do admit compute is one wild card currently as I don't think anyone has used it to the fullest yet, if what Cerny said is true then I do expect devs like ND or SSM to exploit its full potential. I am keeping my faith tho:).

GPGPU isn't seeing a lot of use in games but is used in other fields of computing like cryptography, password breaking, offline rendering, fluid dynamics simulation, physics simulations and so on.

There must be hundreds of uses of parallel mathematics in games and that's what Compute will excel at all. Procedural world generation, animation, ballistics calculations, collision detection.

TBH I'd be impressed if they even manage this level of imagery at 30fps. It's easily the most impressive thing I've seen for current gen console, even better than Ryse and The Order 1886.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back