Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Options can be nice.

Except for those of us with obsessive personalities who want the "best" gameplay experience. ;) that means testing and comparing and that detracts from gaming. It's one of the few things I really like about consoles.

Already I'm pondering, do I play The Last of Us Remastered at 60fps or 30fps with better lighting and shading? Dammit, Naughty Dog, you guys totally suck while simultaneously bring very awesome. So now as well as being unsure I'm also conflicted.

Bad Naughty Dog, BAD! :yep2:

You mean the "feature" they added on a whim that the developer even says outright people shouldn't use because 30fps is shit?

No. Just.... NO.

These consoles are so PC-centric, these options are going to become more and more available. I wouldn't be surprise if developers started offering certain AA and texture fidelity settings... framerates based on user choice.

Won't console users become confused by options? That's more of a PC thing.

I know enough PC-Users that never adjusted even their monitor resolution. Which was rather painfull the time Win98 with its default 1280x1024 60HZ and CRTs where common.

But why stop with 30FPS, get some 24FPS option together with grain-filter and ludicrous 2.39:1 ratio with fat black bars for the real movie experience while you are at it. Do shitty shit real shitty shit and dont stop halfway through!

The general or casual gamer may not touch the default settings or go into the advance graphic settings at all... so no worries there.

Yes that's true, shouldn't be an issue with consumer confusion.

Well, once they finally stop doing HD versions of games that were already HD to begin with, and stick to just making next-gen games instead of this cross-gen BS, then all this "preference" crap will go away. I seriously doubt we'll see any such option in Uncharted 4, it'll be 60fps or go home.

Things like this aren't nearly as huge as people seem to think. Sure, B3D and NeoGAF notice, but the other 99.99% of gamers will probably never even see the option to begin with (who the hell goes into the options menu on console games any more?), much less have any idea what it does.

hopefully 60fps 2D, 30fps 3D :D
but looking at Sony no longer promoting 3D... i dont think U4 will have 3D support.

the pre order page is up on PSN.
This full game is expected to be available in 503 days on 12/31/2015.

seems like placeholder date :/

yes its full price 60 dollar
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...-end/cid=UP9000-CUSA00341_00-UNCHARTED0000000

Several years after his last adventure, retired fortune hunter, Nathan Drake, is forced back into the world of thieves. With the stakes much more personal, Drake embarks on a globe-trotting journey in pursuit of a historical conspiracy behind a fabled pirate treasure. His greatest adventure will test his physical limits, his resolve, and ultimately what he’s willing to sacrifice to save the ones he loves.

That's got to be the most serious preorder of all time then, right? Not like a free registration or £10 up front, but an outright purchase of a game that won't be out for over a year.

There's no way I'd use that! Can't imagine anyone doing that. Spending £60 now for something you won't have in a year?? There'd have to be some amazing offers. Like the earlier you preorder, the better Whizzo-prang extras you get, and these reduce as the time to release gets closer.

That's got to be the most serious preorder of all time then, right? Not like a free registration or £10 up front, but an outright purchase of a game that won't be out for over a year.
I've preordered a fair few items from UK PSN and have never been charged prior to release date. You can cancel any time up to the day before release.

i dont know about PSN. but on origin, the charge will be different from region to region. When i pre order BF3 or 4 from singapore, they charge it directly.

but when i pre order Watch Dogs from India origin, they charge when the game released.

maybe PSN the same? the charge will be diferent from region to region

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back