Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given context, I'd guess elephant, rhino, lion, hippo, and crocodile. Taking 'big five' to be targets for an African (photo) safari.

Uncharted used to hop around the world, I'd expect at least three settings or more...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_five_game

Interestingly there is a case for buffalo being most dangerous.
I suppose it's actually pretty obvious to determine the top five based on what you'd expect tribal leaders to wear. Lion skins, leopard skins, ivory...not sure about buffalo though.

Oh, I see this is one of those titles that's so far off, we'll be padding this thread with nonsense for months to come... :mrgreen:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_five_game

Interestingly there is a case for buffalo being most dangeroius.

Water buffalo are just short sighted mean tempered violent psychopaths!

Though once when I was staying in a village on the shores of Lake Naivasha (Kenya) I was informed that there was a strict curfew at dusk as the Hippos came up to feed. The entire area is just covered in acres of Tulips, Roses, and other assorted flowers that are cold freighted all around the globe. The Hippos loved this and always made a be line at dusk. To get caught outside with them was playing with your life as they are foul tempered too and for such a big creature they can move deceptively fast!

Anyway one night there was an almighty crashing sound and loads of noise, sounded like a plane had crashed. But nobody went out to check until the next day when we found a young male Hippo dead in the road and an entire coach lying on its side with it's front all smashed in. All the people on the coach were still in it, a few minor injuries luckily. The driver had decided to ignore the curfew rule and take a short cut that ended up with the Hippo charging the coach and smashing it off the road.

But after all the beasts I encountered the Water Buffalo were the ones that the locals were the most wary of. But I have to say a Water Buffalo T-Bone steak is absolutely amazing and very, very, big!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I see this is one of those titles that's so far off, we'll be padding this thread with nonsense for months to come... :mrgreen:

Yeah exactly :p ! The thread was discussing nothing for so long I just dropped in the post to bring it atleast back to anything about the actual game :p ! I guess ND is just too coy about it. We should have had a proper reveal by now.Damn, I was so sure this was ccmoing this year :-/ .

I hope its early 2015, not christmas :cry: !

Yeah exactly :p ! The thread was discussing nothing for so long I just dropped in the post to bring it atleast back to anything about the actual game :p ! I guess ND is just too coy about it. We should have had a proper reveal by now.Damn, I was so sure this was ccmoing this year :-/ .

I hope its early 2015, not christmas :cry: !

gooder garfics taek teims

At some point this thread will quiet down and drift off the first few pages of the forum. Then months later some jerk will come along and bump it, getting everyone who sees it on the first page excited, only for them to find nothing more than a "anything new?!?" question and no actual new info. :devilish: Is that a bannable offense? Perhaps it should be.

Have you been living in a cave?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/09/ratchet-clank-announced-for-ps4/

EDIT: it was mentioned in Sony's press conference. It may have been during the boring bit in the middle.

That says :
So it’s with great pride I get to announce that Insomniac will continue our involvement with the Ratchet & Clank movie while developing a game that re-imagines the original Ratchet & Clank for PS4. As was mentioned during Sony’s press conference , the game will share the film’s vision of Ratchet’s origin story, and features updated gameplay along with completely new visuals that rival the best PS4 games on the market.

which basically means a new game/reboot/reimagining, exclusively for the ps4 by INsomniac ! That should have been BIG news ! A next-gen only RnC title has been announced and we didn't even know :runaway: ! I can already see them pixar graphics !

Time to fight UFO.

Please no aliens. Maybe ND can pull some great disasters in the Indian Ocean this time, like
a tsunami or a crashing plane (no offense here to relatives of MH370) sinking to the bottom
of the ocean.

Of course we already had a sinking boat in UC3.

I just hope whatever action is in the game is in service of the plot and not some Michael Bay crap like all the other Uncharted games. I thought The Last of Us did a good job making the action feel organic (most of the time), hopefully that trend is carried forward.

I just hope whatever action is in the game is in service of the plot and not some Michael Bay crap like all the other Uncharted games. I thought The Last of Us did a good job making the action feel organic (most of the time), hopefully that trend is carried forward.

I dont understand posts like these. Its a game not a movie it needs gameplay.

I dont understand posts like these. Its a game not a movie it needs gameplay.
And explosions! And Plot-twists! And Crashing cars! And Crashing Planes! And Upside Boats! And Endless Trains! And Hidden Walls! And Chloe's ass! And more pictures of Sully in Drake's Wallet! And Giant Puzzles! And Lost Cities! And Captures! And Escapes! And Leaps into Waterfalls!

Because it's UNCHARTED :yep2:

Its a game not a movie it needs gameplay.

That's my point, I am just using the term "action" to mean gameplay. All the Uncharted games' narrative have been given purely in cutscenes and not interwoven into the gameplay at all (like it should be). On top of that the narrative is little more than a flimsy explanation on why Drake needs to go to the next action set-piece ND thought up. I've always felt really distant to the Uncharted games for this reason. To expand, the difference I'm talking about is having some huge scale action set-piece like the opening of Uncharted 2 compared to the scene with Ellie and David in the burning cabin from The Last of Us. The later is infinity more tense and engaging as gameplay because of strong narrative. As the player I am more focused and invested in the outcome of my gameplay decisions because of their interconnected nature to the story.

I just hope that ND moves past the "bigger and louder is better because its bigger and louder" mindset with UE4.

That's my point, I am just using the term "action" to mean gameplay. All the Uncharted games' narrative have been given purely in cutscenes and not interwoven into the gameplay at all (like it should be).
Have you played any Uncharted game?Plenty of narrative happens during gameplay via the dialogue between Drake and his cohorts. Cut scenes are not the only way that narrative can be delivered.

I just hope that ND moves past the "bigger and louder is better because its bigger and louder" mindset with UE4.

But bigger and louder is what Uncharted is. Changing that would be to make a different game, I'm sure they can do smaller and quieter on another IP and leave Uncharted alone.

Leave Uncharted alone!!

That's my point, I am just using the term "action" to mean gameplay. All the Uncharted games' narrative have been given purely in cutscenes and not interwoven into the gameplay at all (like it should be). On top of that the narrative is little more than a flimsy explanation on why Drake needs to go to the next action set-piece ND thought up. I've always felt really distant to the Uncharted games for this reason. To expand, the difference I'm talking about is having some huge scale action set-piece like the opening of Uncharted 2 compared to the scene with Ellie and David in the burning cabin from The Last of Us. The later is infinity more tense and engaging as gameplay because of strong narrative. As the player I am more focused and invested in the outcome of my gameplay decisions because of their interconnected nature to the story.
It certainly helps if they dont hint at the glaring issues and never anwer then (U3) and just let us enjoy the game (U2).
U3 felt like the leftovers from U2 ductaped together anyway. And dont get me started an tlou... really... all this half thought through ideas desperatly tried to glued into a serious whole...
So what if someone eats people... killing people just because you find it comfortable and then letting their meat rot is better?
As game, if you try to take it seriously, tlou if more of an joke then Uncharted ever has been. And then this is supposed to be its main draw, to the point where you tone down action for the sake of the running joke, which is actually you trying to take it seriously.

TLDR: Fuck Story - Gameplay first

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back