Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but there's the fly, thin geometry aliases a LOT and the post AA algorithms should fail utterly at the reconstruction... I don't understand.
Maybe they're using a hybrid MSAA+post AA technique? Or some completely new approach.

What do you mean by 3D cutscene ?

EDIT: Ah okay. He clarified.
Yeah, that part is a paraphrase of what I was told, they used the term '3D cutscene' (I suppose to contrast with 2D video)

Key question if it will hold up at release though.

wr249_thumb.jpg

25i5fk7_thumb.jpg

Maybe they're using a hybrid MSAA+post AA technique? Or some completely new approach.
I suspect there's some degree of extra sampling or another, yeah. Raw 1-sample-per-pixel with spatial analytical cleanup simply doesn't give clean results on thin details; you usually at least need to resolve things into recognizable stairsteps before the post can do its job correctly.

Well, to propose a hypothesis to the specific fly's non aliasing case, I'd guess it had no modeled legs and tiny parts, but rather a few polys with an alpha texture. That's the cheapest way to get that done without any out-of-this-world-wizard AA, wich they might actually have anyways hahaha. After this slap in the face, I expect anything from ND, they sure are naughty.

Yeah alpha textured trickery was my first idea after learning that it was realtime, too.
Still, texture clarity is also amazing, both on Drake and on that cage with the text...

This is astounding, the fact it is 60fps is even more amazing, sadly I think this WILL incur a visual penalty for sure, at least during actual gameplay. It is going to be like RE5 presentation style, upgraded assets during cut scenes, lower ones during gameplay, all real time.

Yeah alpha textured trickery was my first idea after learning that it was realtime, too.
Still, texture clarity is also amazing, both on Drake and on that cage with the text...

I don't exclude some form os supper-sampling, the Order, which was the best looking game out there till this, this, THING, came out of nowhere, does use 4x MSAA if my memory isn't wrong. Considering how clean Infamous looked without any for of MSAA, a simple 2x solution with a smart post resolve should do wonders. 60fps also makes temporal sampling much more effective, all while reducing the effects of shimmer and crawling.

Still amazing, and too good to be believed. Yet, with so little footage, I'm rather forget about this for now and save myself from spending yet more time over-analysing such short clip. Afer all, the sperm it got in my pants won't get cleaned off by itself.

I suppose one might try to look at his fingers passing through one of his hair strands. :)

corrine yu said in game...

terminology is very unclear.

in game versus in engine versus real time versus gameplay... not sure which this really is.

In a nutshell, and too catch anyone up to speed.

They (Naughty Dog’s Studio Coordinator Rodney Reece and Lead FX Artist Keith Guerrette) confirmed to us that the Uncharted 4 trailer showcased during Sony’s E3 2014 press conference was a part of an actual level in game. Secondly, they also confirmed that the entire trailer was running in real time on the PlayStation 4 and it was all in-engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's gotta be some new tech and trickeries going on under the hood to make it look this crazy. I'm most interested in what parts of the graphics does the gpu computing process in the pipeline and how
sexy, hot, waiufu like
Elena and Chloe look in their new gen form:).

Quick somebody start up a blog and start posting tech articles derived from questionably linked jumps in logic, block posters who politely but thoroughly breakdown the flaws in that logic, and become a beacon for a world record breaking armada of insiders who tell us PS4 just unleashed its hidden graphics processing hardware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, everyone wanted to see what ND would be able to do with the PS4, and now we've seen it. I guess it's a good thing that their first reveal is met with disbelief?

Man, I really need to finish those games.. catch up before this comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back