World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Kaotik

Drunk Member
Legend
Supporter
It's official now, next expansion is World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor.

Just announced at BlizzCon

- Draenor
- All the classic heroes and villains from original Warcraft (Caverns of Time v 2.0 :D )
- Level cap 100
- New character models
- Build and upgrade your garrison

edit:

Char models:
wowmodelsold.jpg

wowmodelsnew.jpg

Boost to level 90 immediately - BIG news!

New character models; been expected for over two years.

This is most likely to lure back old players who quit, who have done the leveling most likely too many times already (yeah, it's getting boring, having just rerolled to new server trying to level new alts there too is tiresome)

Want to see what they'll do with tradeskill revamp - the stuff introduced in pandaria was effective, but not very exciting. Then there's stuff like the leatherwork research: like 80 different recipes, all random, one research per day... Bullshit! :LOL:

Hopefully they'll do something about that.

Want to see what they'll do with tradeskill revamp - the stuff introduced in pandaria was effective, but not very exciting. Then there's stuff like the leatherwork research: like 80 different recipes, all random, one research per day... Bullshit! :LOL:

Hopefully they'll do something about that.

I think it's 2 per day on all researchs now? At least for tailoring it is.

But ye, I agree it's annoying, on my newly rerolled main, I've gotten about 3-4 PvE patterns and about 56-57 or something PvP patterns. I don't PvP, it died when they introduced arenas in TBC, used to be Grand Marshal.

edit:
This is most likely to lure back old players who quit, who have done the leveling most likely too many times already (yeah, it's getting boring, having just rerolled to new server trying to level new alts there too is tiresome)

This was just detailed a bit, it's one time one character only, whether it's fresh char or your old main or whatever, is up to you, but it's only for one char.

They're bringing RTS-elements to the game, you can build your very own base, build buildings which give you bonuses, (limited) access to different professions, get your very own followers to run quests and dungeons, upgrade gear on those followers etc.

I don't care about PvP at all really, but the persistent PvP zone with faction-balance incorporated into it actually looks fun. I assume it will be instanced since it's an island off the coast, so you will always be seeing the correct ratio of faction players at any one time.

That image is so telling. People have been saying to blizzard for years that their storytelling is too orc/thrall/horde-centric, and what do they do... They make an expansion that circles all around orcs and their home planet. *sigh*

I think it's 2 per day on all researchs now? At least for tailoring it is.

But ye, I agree it's annoying, on my newly rerolled main, I've gotten about 3-4 PvE patterns and about 56-57 or something PvP patterns. I don't PvP, it died when they introduced arenas in TBC, used to be Grand Marshal.

How about allowing players to hire some "research assistants" in their garrison and they'll be able to accumulate some "research points" for you even when you are offline. Then you can decide how to spend these "research points" to research new patterns. Then you don't have to log in every day. Of course, there'll need to be some upper limit for the amount of "research points" so people still have to log in regularly to research new patterns.

How about allowing players to hire some "research assistants" in their garrison and they'll be able to accumulate some "research points" for you even when you are offline. Then you can decide how to spend these "research points" to research new patterns. Then you don't have to log in every day. Of course, there'll need to be some upper limit for the amount of "research points" so people still have to log in regularly to research new patterns.

Well in WoD the followers do do stuff for you, maybe that could be an possibility

As long as there are enough people paying monthly fees for it then yes, it could go for another decade.

Those of you who play the game, have probably noticed the huge queues especially during the weekend (I myself was in queue for some 7-8h to Ravencrest-EU)
And the endless instance-issues, meaning that Garrisons don't work at the time either.
But the game itself? It's f'in great still and WoD is no doubt harder than MoP based on just the normal instances and heroics. The difference between normal and heroic isn't big, but normal is probably harder than mop heroics were

Also, the expansion got WoW subscriber amount back to over 10 million
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/4526-WoW-Up-to-10-Million-Subscribers

Draenor is a really, really pretty place. Some areas of Shadowmoon, as well as the Zangarra sub-zone of what became Terokkar in Outland are truly beautiful places for example. Spires of Arak is also quite majestic, and so on.

Not sure I'm entirely sold on gameplay though; questing up to 100 was mostly fun, but professions are a trainwreck IMO, gearing feels slow and awkward with dungeon queues VERY long (almost an hour every time I've gone into dungeons), and the garrison seems very grindy (2000 resources for level 3 town hall! UGH!), and also "needy", with the way you have to abandon whatever you're doing to babysit your followers every 45 mins or so unless you want leveling THEM also to take forever. Maybe it's too soon to tell, I dunno, but I seriously don't quite know what to do at 100.

In MoP, you were forced to do insane amounts of dailies, but Draenor has hardly any daily quests at all. "Free-form gameplay" by chasing random events around a map where flight is not allowed doesn't appeal very much to me. I hate having a million mobs training on my ass wherever I go, repeatedly dazing me off my mount and so on.

Apart from their servers being the biggest pile of fail on the internet for 5 days after launch, I think that this expansion is the best I've played yet. 2000 resources wasn't hard to get; I managed to get the lvl 3 garrison as I hit 100 about 15 hours after launch due to finding a lot of treasures while levelling.

As for 'babysitting' followers, once a significant proportion of them reach level 100 most of the missions you get are 6-10 hours, so the "go back every 45 minutes" seems mostly transitory.

The profession changes are...interesting. They've effectively killed off using professions to make a substantial amount of gold (although I suspect that DMF will provide a huge chuck of gold to people with multiple scribes). My time at level 100 is split between exploring, levelling professions and running heroics; the 2 week period before people outgear heroic dungeons is great because it actually takes thought to run them. Sadly, I'm already seeing more and more signs of the "AoE zerg" returning.

As for 'babysitting' followers, once a significant proportion of them reach level 100 most of the missions you get are 6-10 hours, so the "go back every 45 minutes" seems mostly transitory.
Except if you stack followers with Epic Mounts to do the quests :D
Each Epic Mount equipped follower assigned into quest cuts the time on the quest to half from what it was before it, so 10h mission turns first to 5h mission, then to 2,5h mission and so on

Back