Anyone know what SEGA is working on for next gen?

Well we got a hint about a new Shenmue some time ago.

I hope its true and we will see something extraordinary

Brkon rarechord

By the late nineties Sega had built up possibly the most creative bank of hardware and software guys that the industry has seen, with the DC that basically did everything seen since, first, and games like the Virtua series, Nights, Shenmue, Panzer Dragoon, Jet Set Radio, Samba De Amigo, Rez, Phantasy Star Online ...

... and all of that has been gutted, like a fire clearing out a warehouse. It's just the name now, plus Zombie Sonic clipping through walls and falling into infinite pits of death.

I hope they're working on a new Metropolis Street Racer .....

By the late nineties Sega had built up possibly the most creative bank of hardware and software guys that the industry has seen, with the DC that basically did everything seen since, first, and games like the Virtua series, Nights, Shenmue, Panzer Dragoon, Jet Set Radio, Samba De Amigo, Rez, Phantasy Star Online ...

Amazing :love:

Been pretty quiet in SEGA land. I hope they're working on a new Binary Domain game and a new Vanquish game.:devilish:

Those too - pretty good games .

I hope they're working on a new Metropolis Street Racer .....

Even today that game looks nice, even if it musta have less polygon than asphalt for android
It must be the artist style, and that is gone together with the '99 teams :(

A new Shenmue would be cool. I think if SEGA is worried about taking risks they could do a Kickstarter type project for it.:D

Anyway I think it would be cool if they made a sequel to the original Gunvalkyrie on Xbox.

Other games I'm looking forward to:

Virtual Fighter 6
Virtual Tennis
Virtual Spike

Last edited by a moderator:
Even today that game looks nice, even if it musta have less polygon than asphalt for android
It must be the artist style, and that is gone together with the '99 teams :(

I turn on my beloved Dreamcast from time to time to play MSR ... this game has more heart than a dozen othen racers . Bizarre Creations no more is one of the saddest things that happened to gaming .

More Outrun and Afterburner hopefully :)

You have my respect .

I never understood the cult following that Shenmue had, it never seemed like anything special to me.

Well, it was impressive from a technical point of view I guess. The world may have been small, but unlike the randomly populated metropolitan GTA areas, the town felt rather lively and real because almost everyone and everything in it was unique and moved with a sense of purpose.
Too bad Ryo was a walking, talking sleeping pill. The writing was generally atrocious too, and the whole thing was just staggeringly boring; driving a forklift cannot possibly this dull, can it?

Ahhhhh. Great games. Unfortunately many of Sega's saturn games gave the impression that the devs were making their games under pressure and didnt have the time to perfect them. It was unfortunate as each one of those missed Sega gems carried elements that no other developer has dared to implement and many gamers never had the chance to try them because the Saturn was dying.
These games carried the Sega signature of awesomeness, style and gameplay that you couldnt find from other games.

Back