Might & Magic : Clash of Heroes. New fan of the series here. Wonderful turn-based RPG

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
I have downloaded every single game rewarded to Xbox Live Gold members but none of them beats this one, imho. It was a great discovery, I had heard of it but I thought it was most like Puzzle Quest, which I have, both Puzzle Quest 1 & 2 -also fine games- but it is anything like that!

It is so easy to play for a few hours in one sitting without realising. I am getting addicted to it, I played almost 4 hours in a single sitting today. :oops:

It was developed by a company called Capybara Games and you follow the adventures of some heroes and their struggle to save Might & Magic world.

The universe of the game is fantasy rich, and it has some very interesting and unique gameplay mechanics, adding to this a multiplayer mode -offline and online- for up to 4 players.

The game is available for free as part of the Games with Gold offer, til October 15. Keep this in mind because the game is free and it will be yours forever once you install it in your hard drive, so it's a perfect opportunity to play and enjoy this special game.

It has been my best discovery this generation, not counting new IPs that came out during its lifespan, which is an entirely different matter.

I didn't know what I was playing when I got this game for free --Games with Gold promo.

The Heroes of Might and Magic resounded in my head as a very beautiful name, loved the name but that was it for me. :smile2:

Now I see it was a self-fulfilling prophecy :smile2: after buying the entire classic Heroes of Might and Magic on GoG. I am totally into the Heroes of Might and Magic games now, playing the old classics orderly til I complete the entire series, just 8 more instalments to go! :LOL:

I've fallen in love with this franchise, deservedly so.

Some of the best games ever made, some of the best games there will ever be.

Eurogamer wrote a nice article on Heroes of Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, as one of the games of 2011. A nice read, in retrospective. My hats off to Capybara games, too.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...11-might-and-magic-clash-of-heroes-hd-article

Back