APU Developer Technology Engineer at AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

NThibieroz

Newcomer
I have two openings in my team for APU Developer Technology Engineers.
One location is in Austin, TX while the other is based in Europe (location TBD).
Details below:

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play.
If you have a passion for excellence and a drive to achieve, you belong at AMD. Our employees work hard, have fun, and thrive on success. We meet the challenges of an evolving marketplace by staying true to our corporate values, including an unwavering respect for individuals and a focus on retaining superior employees.

The AMD Gaming Alliance Engineering team supports games developers all around the world. We work closely with external games software developers and publishers creating some of the best games on the planet and we help them to fully exploit the technical capabilities of AMD's hardware products. We aim to raise the standards for gaming graphics and performance and we do everything in our power to make the user understand why they were right to buy AMD.
• Work with the external game development partners of AMD to enable them to produce their applications as efficiently as possible.
• Optimize game and application performance for APUs and CPUs.
• Design and implement rendering effects using established APIs, notably effects leveraging heterogeneous computing concepts.
• Develop and optimize multithreaded code that takes advantage of AMD’s multi-core CPUs.
• The ideal candidate is a highly-skilled software designer and engineer, strong in 3D math, fluent in C and C++ and the efficient use of APUs, CPUs and GPUs. You're team-driven and motivated to do things others might find too difficult.

The person we want to hire also:
• Has several years of experience efficiently creating C/C++ game code for Windows and knows all about data structures, design patterns, language features, standard libraries and writing easy-to-understand code.
• Has practical hands-on experience with DX11-class shader development tools and techniques for Windows.
• Has strong graphics code optimization skills, in particular shader code optimizations.
• Understands that requirements are rarely perfect and is willing to extract the spirit of the requirement to make the system or software better.
• Has a degree in computer science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent.
• Has excellent written and verbal skills.
• Is willing to travel domestically and internationally on a regular basis.

The following experiences are optional but highly desired:
• DirectX 9, DirectX 10 or OpenGL coding experience.
• Background in using native system APIs and UI APIs for Windows.

If you would like to apply please PM me.

Nick

Can't PM

I'm interested, but I don't believe I have the permissions to PM. Is there another way to contact you?

I've changed your permissions to be able to PM, let me know if you have issues doing so, and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back