EA say that PS4 and XB1 are much more powerful than they thought = very High end PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
They said this in an interview about the upcoming Need for Speed: Rivals.

Aside from the number of online players, are there any differences between the current and next-gen editions of Rivals?

The visuals are quite different. These new machines are really powerful, more powerful than we initially thought they were. Visually, they're equivalent to very high-end PCs. It's really cool to be able to have that kind of experience on a console.

With that power we can make the game come alive to a whole new level. We've got great particle effects, waves crashing in over the top of cars, all of the things racing games haven't had in the past

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...terview---Marcus-Nilsson-Takes-the-Wheel.html

Piggybacks on his fascinating comments from a few weeks ago :p http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/need_...r_on_one_next-gen_console_than_the_other.html

Need For Speed Rivals will feature better graphics on one next-gen console than the other, Ghost Games’ executive producer Marcus Nilsson has suggested – but refused to clarify which.

“What we’re seeing with the consoles are actually that they are a little bit more powerful than we thought for a really long time – especially one of them, but I’m not going to tell you which one," Nilsson told VideoGamer.com at Gamescom earlier today.

“And that makes me really happy. But in reality, I think we’re going to have both those consoles pretty much on parity – maybe one sticking up a little bit. And I think that one will look as good as the PC.”

My theory is that they are talking about the PS4 being more powerful, the tone of his words can easily imply that. Even so, they sound as if they are surprised when pretty much everyone knew the PS4 was more powerful when it was announced back in February after the specs of both consoles were leaked and they announced the upgrade to 8GB GDDR5.

I think, this is a sad state of affairs, that we need to see the games ourselves yet. I feel empty minded about what to think, perhaps what Major Nelson said could make sense and his words had more substance than we initially thought when he said that he couldn't wait for next gen games to launch and he was looking forward to the truth coming out.

I always liked the capabilities of both consoles and after all this rollercoaster the last months, sometimes I just don't know what to think. I have a feeling that the Xbox One is a much more capable console than it was credited for.

My theory is that they are talking about the PS4 being more powerful, the tone of his words can easily imply that. Even so, they sound as if they are surprised when pretty much everyone knew the PS4 was more powerful when it was announced back in February after the specs of both consoles were leaked and they announced the upgrade to 8GB GDDR5.

I think, this is a sad state of affairs, that we need to see the games ourselves yet. I feel empty minded about what to think, perhaps what Major Nelson said could make sense and his words had more substance than we initially thought when he said that he couldn't wait for next gen games to launch and he was looking forward to the truth coming out.

I always liked the capabilities of both consoles and after all this rollercoaster the last months, sometimes I just don't know what to think. I have a feeling that the Xbox One is a much more capable console than it was credited for.

Especially with him highlighting particle effects and fluid simulation in his latest missive. Things that the extra compute power of the PS4 is going to chew through.

I've yet to see a game on PC that looks as good as Ryse despite more CPU/GPU power. Sure you could crank up the resolution and texture detail etc on PC games but they just don't look as good. I say the X1 games speak for themselves.

I've yet to see a game on PC that looks as good as Ryse despite more CPU/GPU power. Sure you could crank up the resolution and texture detail etc on PC games but they just don't look as good. I say the X1 games speak for themselves.
I say multiplatform games will speak for themselves. Comparing exclusives is an endless debate of preferences.

Especially with him highlighting particle effects and fluid simulation in his latest missive. Things that the extra compute power of the PS4 is going to chew through.

particle effects will also get a huge boost by the esram in the one , see killer instinct as an example.

Plot thickens !

Well, I guess he means by "the truth", something like Xbox One not being 50% less powerful than PS4, instead it is more similar to PS4 than people think, but not the same power.

I say multiplatform games will speak for themselves. Comparing exclusives is an endless debate of preferences.

How are exclusives about preferences when anyone with good eyesight can see how good something looks? Take away the word "exclusive" and it's just another game. Are you saying that games can't look better than other games and that they have to be nonexclusive identical games in order for someone to say one looks better/worse?:LOL:

Beat? PC graphics are good for tech demos and benchmarks but when it comes to best looking games, consoles exclusives still win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back