Need For Speed Rivals [Next Gen, Current Gen]

I gotta say that the game is far from perfect, but it is also obvious to me that the guy is being overly dramatic. The intro can't be skipped, ok, but those short video tutorials don't throw you out of the experience.

It's a really bad way to start the game. . . It's made even worse on the DD version for the PS4 since the actual game does not start downloading until you have actually finished the tutorial flotsam so that's all you get to chew on for an hour or two while you wait. At least they let you skip the stupid cut scenes that appear when you level up.

Cheers

Wow, how is that possible for a game to run at such speed? I wonder if he edited the video.
Append to the properties of the shortcut: -GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 (or number of your choice)

It absolutely blows my mind that a racing game without manual shifting could get so many decent reviews ^^;; I am clearly hopelessly out of touch!
manual shifting ! It doesnt support steering wheels at all...

Oh one other thing my wife encountered. . .EA decided that it was unreasonably offensive for her to choose a license plate name of "POOP1" and forced her to choose another name.

Cheers

MaxSimFPS doesn't really sound like the right option to change. Isn't there a MaxRenderFPS or something?

Still I think it is a poor show. It does make you wonder what the benefits of that are to the developer.

Oh one other thing my wife encountered. . .EA decided that it was unreasonably offensive for her to choose a license plate name of "POOP1" and forced her to choose another name.

Cheers

yeah this is one of my most hated aspects of the online everything era. At the end of the day it's not a dealbreaker or anything but I kinda like it in some iOS games where eveyone appears as player.9038408282 to others but they can choose any name to see themselves as. It's a tough tossup. It's nice to laugh at others' names and it;s nice to think they may laugh at mine. In any case, in what world is "POOP" an offensive word!? We have these fuckin words for little shits who are SUPPOSED to use these fuckin words to reference natural things. The best is when it's a game where the actual characters (usually Marines or something) are cursing in the SP portion! 9_9

60fps framerate and 60hz simulation rate commands have been found. Playing game in 60fps is now possible.
http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Simulator-Need_for_Speed_Rivals-test-nfs_1920.jpg

-GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60.0

See, I would have been really surprised if this game that is using the Frostbite engine wouldn't have options for different framerates.

Leaves me wondering now though if the Playstation 4 version could have run at 60fps.

I'm guessing the weather effects combined with day-night. The do look good.

See, I would have been really surprised if this game that is using the Frostbite engine wouldn't have options for different framerates.

Leaves me wondering now though if the Playstation 4 version could have run at 60fps.

Seems unlikely since they'd probably want 60fps minimum or at least only dipping lower occassionally to prevent tearing and the 7870 can't achieve 60 average while it'd need an extra 15% performance to achieve 60 fps minimum. So the PS4 would likely be spending the majority of its time below 60fps and thus tearing a lot.

Seems unlikely since they'd probably want 60fps minimum or at least only dipping lower occassionally to prevent tearing and the 7870 can't achieve 60 average while it'd need an extra 15% performance to achieve 60 fps minimum. So the PS4 would likely be spending the majority of its time below 60fps and thus tearing a lot.

The average FPS for a 7870 is 59FPS with minimum being 52. That's a far far better performance than Battlefield 4 on PS4. Even considering the difference in CPU, you can port the PC code as it is on PS4 and it'll probably perform better than BF4 on PS4. And we aren't even talking about the advantages from closed box, better drivers and all that thing you get from developing for a closed platform.

Last edited by a moderator:
60fps framerate and 60hz simulation rate commands have been found. Playing game in 60fps is now possible.

Awesome thanks for the heads up! That will make the game playable again. Now just have to go see what reviews say. Man looking at the benchmarks it really isn't a demanding game at all, my 2+ year old 670's will eat it up alive at max spec 60fps. Makes me wonder why in heck they bothered locking it to 30fps to begin with, really bizarre. Maybe just to simplify q/a?

The average FPS for a 7870 is 59FPS with minimum being 52. That's a far far better performance than Battlefield 4 on PS4. Even considering the difference in CPU, you can port the PC code as it is on PS4 and it'll probably perform better than BF4 on PS4. And we aren't even talking about the advantages from closed box, better drivers and all that thing you get from developing for a closed platform.

I'm not sure what argument you're trying to make with the BF4 comparison. The 7870 is faster than the PS4 in BF4 therefore it's logical to assume it would be faster in this game too. Since the 7870 can't achieve 60fps average in this game then it's likely the PS4 wouldn't either.

whats wow about it ?

If those kindof clouds come in and go dynamically , then its a big WOW for me. I hope Driveclub adds rain and stuff too. they already have procedural clouds in.

BTW,w atched some NFS here : http://www.twitch.tv/sm00kers
and it seems pretty fun, but i can do most of it in my NFS MW already. But, yes, unlike the videos I had seen before,the game "looked" very good here,especially when it rains and in mornings ! But daytimes look like a military shooter or battlefield :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have it for the PS4 and I'm loving it. It looks awesome (stunning at times w/ frostbite 3) and NFS Hot Pursuit (2010) is a fav of mine so this basically a sequel. If you enjoy arcade racers it's a really good one.

Back