Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
Need for Speed: Underground
Need for Speed: Underground 2
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Need for Speed: Carbon
Need for Speed: ProStreet
Need for Speed: Undercover
Need for Speed: Shift
Need for Speed: Nitro (console only wii 3ds)
Need for Speed: World (online f2p)
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed
Need for Speed: The Run
Need for Speed: Most Wanted

more trivia
I have all of these apart from nitro (religious reasons)
I have all of them installed apart from
The Need for Speed
Need for Speed II
nitro (obviously)
underground (too similar to underground 2)
Need for Speed: World
Sigh... Your message made me feel nostalgic. My first PC game ever was The Need for Speed, what an amazing game in the time btw. And one of my favourite games ever is Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit, the original for the PC, not the one from Criterion.

Aren't there at least 3? Two modern ones and the original from ages ago, that was the follow up of NFSIII Hot Pursuit? My memory is a little foggy, but I'm sure Davros knows.
NFSIII: Hot Pursuit was for me one of the most influential games ever. It was so fun, I spent countless hours playing it with a childhood friend -he even stole the game, though he never openly admitted it-.

I was so hyped when they announced the follow up that I bought two copies of the game, one for me, and the other one for my best friend on Xbox Live.

The game was good, it was reputable, but not even close to the original. They added the nitros and things like that, which I didn't like, and the charm of the original was gone for a few reasons. It was fun but I am with Renegaderocks, Need for Speed Most Wanted was really good. In fact, to me the spiritual successor of NFS3: Hot Pursuit is Most Wanted and not the 2010 follow up.

Sigh... Your message made me feel nostalgic. My first PC game ever was The Need for Speed, what an amazing game in the time btw. And one of my favourite games ever is Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit, the original for the PC, not the one from Criterion.

NFSIII: Hot Pursuit was for me one of the most influential games ever. It was so fun, I spent countless hours playing it with a childhood friend -he even stole the game, though he never openly admitted it-.

I was so hyped when they announced the follow up that I bought two copies of the game, one for me, and the other one for my best friend on Xbox Live.

The game was good, it was reputable, but not even close to the original. They added the nitros and things like that, which I didn't like, and the charm of the original was gone for a few reasons. It was fun but I am with Renegaderocks, Need for Speed Most Wanted was really good. In fact, to me the spiritual successor of NFS3: Hot Pursuit is Most Wanted and not the 2010 follow up.

Happened with me with Half Life 2 :p ! But i wonder he must have been frustrated cos Steam game discs are useless once installed, but he never admitted stealing it :p !

As for original Hot Pursuit, yes that was just fantastic at that time. My PC would slow down whenever I went over the volcanic section but I would love it :) ! Games these days are made too realistic, no driving through lava, waterfalls, insane airs, etc. No doubt they aren't fun ! Thats why i liked Motorstorm a lot, it retained that gamey fun even in this age.

I think I will need to google what went wrong with Criterion, I just can't digest the fact that there's no Burnout being made for next gen :( !

@Helvetica: what platforms are these gameplays from, cos I think they look damn good man ! can't tell about the handling though, as the player in gameplays seems to loose control pretty often.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best was Underground...I played it day and night...I always freaked out when you hit the nitro boost and got this nice onscreen 'superspeed' effect...wow!

The game was good, it was reputable, but not even close to the original. They added the nitros and things like that, which I didn't like,

No they didnt
Your getting mixed up with another game
NFS Hot Pursuit 2 Has no nitro

If you dont own it you should buy it its very true to NFS 3 Hot Pursuit

@Helvetica: what platforms are these gameplays from, cos I think they look damn good man ! can't tell about the handling though, as the player in gameplays seems to loose control pretty often.

The gameplay videos posted are running off a PC but the executive producer said the Xbox One and PS4 should look the same. I hope so since I have it preorder for PS4.

No they didnt
Your getting mixed up with another game
NFS Hot Pursuit 2 Has no nitro

If you dont own it you should buy it its very true to NFS 3 Hot Pursuit
Yes, I was comparing it to the NFS Hot Pursuit sequel released 3 years ago. An okay game but nothing special compared to the original, which is still one of my favourite games ever.

I have never played Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, I thought that game didn't exist. Thanks. That video casted a spell on me. If I can purchase it in Steam... I shall take a look.

It would be ideal to play it in the upcoming weeks since I am not going to have an Internet connection -personal & work reasons-, AND I am going to carry my laptop with me.

Talking of which, I can't run the GT Legends demo. It asks for a VFS security system file or something like that and there is no way it goes past that error screen. :cry: Sigh. I am going to keep it installed just in case I find a solution.

Funny, I get the same twinge when I see each new version of this series... but because one of the first commercial PC games I owned was "Test Drive"! ;)

That said, I'd be a lot more excited for either a new Underground game or a new Burnout game by Criterion. I'm not so enamored with the middle-of-the-road TD/NFS-style games. I prefer it to be either all sim, or all customization, or all crazy crashes and boost from drifts. I feel like the typical NFS titles don't do any one of those things as well as the competition. Anyway just my 2c, glad to see Criterion back at it, and happy for you guys (I know so, so, so many NFS fans)..!

This seems to confirm the rumours about the Xbox One version lagging a bit behind in the tech department. Maybe? Possibly? But for a racing game running at 30 fps I should sacrifice some detail and run it at 60 fps instead. I think that in that case the differences would be minimal -unless you have an AMD R9 290x card-.

Console versions should come with the option to run at 30 or 60 depending on how much eye candy you wanted.

The forest level looks pretty good as well as the particles and rain effects, this might be my launch racer now that DC is out of the question.

Back