Interesting fitness game?

inquizzitor

Newcomer
Hi All,

I wonder if there is _interesting_ wii or kinect game that is also physically challenging? The biggest problem with regular exercising is motivation..

The fitness apps I tried or read about seem to be pretty boring, basically the same as going to gym, lacking real game mechanics.

I am thinking about something like Diablo, where you have to run through labyrinth, jump over traps, get different equipment and spells which requires different moves to use and have to dodge hits and fireballs..

The closest I ever got to an interesting fitness game, was the EA Active 2 game. I got it new for like 12 euros and the sensors work really well, and force you to engage in the activity.

Though no dodging fireballs :(

I found playing TT in Sports champions and Kung Fu Live most motivating. Kung Fu live can exhaust you in 10 mins, that game is crrrrazy !

i once played this arcade light gun shooter that was a real workout. you stood in a metal cage, somewhat like the metal detectors at the airport. it would detect how you were oriented seemingly perfectly, and you would crouch behind cars and crates and stuff, and pop out to shoot guys. im telling you after 15 minutes of crouching and standing i was pretty beat. it would be the killer app for kinect imo. i didnt even realize how tired i was till i died, it was alot of fun.

Move Fitness has really good 'gameplay', motivating you to improve scores and has great integration of challenges from friends, see their scores as you reach them while playing, etc. The tracking is so direct, that you never feel you have anyone else but yourself to blame, which is important for more 'hardcore' gameplay.

Sports Champions 1 + 2 have this to some extent as well. I'm inclined to prefer Sports Champions 1, because most of those games were just really well done and fun.

Of course, you asked for any platform BUT the PS3/Move, so this may very well not help you.

For Kinect, Kinect Adventure would probably be better or Dance Central. For Wii, I'd probably also recommend the dancing games (but then probably better off with Ubisoft's versions)

I'd also recommend Kinect Adventures for Xbox 360 & Kinect, but only for Reflex Ridge since it can be a 2-player competitive game:

Reflex Ridge is a track-and-field inspired game, but played on a moving platform in an environment similar to a wooden roller coaster or minecart. One or two players (in split screen) race on a platform, jump over hurdles, lean away from obstacles, and limbo to avoid hitting their heads on low beams. Jumping in place makes the platform move faster along its rail. Adventure pins are earned by avoiding obstacles or touching ones scattered throughout the course. The game is timed, with extra time left over at the end of the course added to the Adventure pin total.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinect_Adventures

Do that for an hour or two & you'd have one hell of a workout.

Tommy McClain

Xbox One, Xbox Fitness ... free access for a period of time for Gold members

P90X and Insanity ... This will work you hard.

A very interesting game imo was My Fitness Coach Club on WII and PS3.
It offers quite a lot of different types of workouts (even dance routines), but I don't know if there is any interval training.
It offers workout schedules for different goals and tracks your progress.

Back