F1 2013. Formula 1 2013 by Codemasters official thread

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
F1 2013 will be releasing initially for the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. The Classic Edition is going to feature classic F1 cars and tracks. At least one of the cars which is considered the most advanced Formula 1 car ever created in the history of the sport is going to be included in the game, as far as I know, I mean the Williams FW14B. The other car super advanced and sophisticated car is the Williams FW15C, which is going to be included in the game.

The game is commentated by Murray Walker. Codemasters are taking a look back to the 1980s and 90s racing.

It hasn't been confirmed for next gen consoles yet, as far as I know, and if it isn't released for the PS4 or Xbox One, then it means that I am not going to have a F1 game this year. :cry: I think it could easily run at 60 fps on those consoles.

Off-screen gameplay from Japan, in the Tokyo Game Show 2013.

I'd like to see proper telemetry in f1 2013 as it is car setup is too much trial and error
like geof crammonds gp4
as you can see the left side is bottoming out just before eau rouge suggesting raise ride height, or tighten springs and possibly increase anti roll bar

ps: proper in helmet view

Yes, full telemetry would be great, but that is something that will most likely end up in Gran Turismo game first.

Yes, full telemetry would be great, but that is something that will most likely end up in Gran Turismo game first.

Years ago, GTR (and GTR2) had full telemetry output that was readable by MoTeC's data analysis tools. Was pretty dope stuff.

The best improvement will be adoption of Steamworks on PC [GFWL had so much problem with previous games].
Other than Live for Speed I always play simulators on consoles, since the times were the original Xbox had an impressive line-up with some of the best racing games of that generation. It was a good time for racers who purchased that console. Besides that, I want to try racing games on my future LED HDTV -from Philips-. I found this website in French but it get the job done.

HDMI 1.4 compatible, typical Philips quality... and so on and so forth.

http://www.lcd-compare.com/televiseur-PHI32PFL4258H-PHILIPS-32PFL4258H.htm

I'd like to see proper telemetry in f1 2013 as it is car setup is too much trial and error
like geof crammonds gp4
as you can see the left side is bottoming out just before eau rouge suggesting raise ride height, or tighten springs and possibly increase anti roll bar
[/URL]
ps: proper in helmet view
Telemetry would be nice to have, but most importantly I would love to have solid gameplay and competitive AI. In MotoGP 13 for instance, the AI is very realistic and you can be like 10 laps or 20 laps competing for a position, swapping positions sometimes, losing a position, then getting back in, all the time, back and forth. The AI is unforgiving in that sense, and those are some of the most intense races I have ever had.

In fact, that's the main problem with every Forza game. You have one or two rivals at most, no matter how many cars are in the race. Two cars try to compete, the rest of the AI is just for show. :cry:

As for the helmet view... it works fine in two games I have, SBK X and MotoGP 13 -although in this case it's just the first person view with an overlay that looks like an actual helmet- and I wouldn't expect any better.

Years ago, GTR (and GTR2) had full telemetry output that was readable by MoTeC's data analysis tools. Was pretty dope stuff.
I was about to buy it after I purchased the official Xbox racing wheel back in 2007 or so, but I never bought it in the end because I had so many games to try then. Too bad I didn't now that I look back. Perhaps it can be found cheap on Games on Demand nowadays but I think I am done with purchasing games on the Xbox 360.

they are on steam, the latest game by simbin is race injection
although I would buy gt legends (60's gt) since it has bags of charm

they are on steam, the latest game by simbin is race injection
although I would buy gt legends (60's gt) since it has bags of charm
I wonder if GT Legends is from Simbin too. I might take a look in the internet...

This news confirms that I am not going to purchase a F1 game this year because F1 2013 won't be launched on the PS4 or Xbox One, but they are going to release F1 2014 in both consoles.

And the game is going to run at 60 fps with improved physics!! The article is very interesting.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/f1_2013/news/60fps_confirmed_for_next-gen_f1_2014.html

The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of future F1 titles will run at 60 frames per second and boast improved physics over the current-gen versions, Codemasters has revealed.

Speaking to Sportra, Codemasters communications manager Andy Gray said that the developer had "hit the peak of where we can go with the current-gen stuff, not only in terms of visuals but obviously physics and everything.

"Having more power, as you say, enables us to do a lot more. Automatically the skip up to 60 frames per second, for example, on next-gen will enable the handling to move on leaps and bounds, because the more frames you have, the more the contact points there are essentially."
The leap to PS4 & Xbox One will also let Codemasters "improve the physics, too", Gray adds.

"We're talking to a couple of teams about sharing their kind of physics data, in terms of the way the car actually handles in their simulators, and we can more or less port that over to consoles, which wouldn't be possible with current-gen.

"Next-gen it becomes more possible, not to the extent that the F1 guys do because they have individual, massive gaming PCs for each tyre, one [PC] for just the air, the way the wind flow works. They have like, 10 PCs per simulator whereas we have one console. But, the more power we have the more we can simulate what it is actually like."

Codemasters has yet to formally announce a next-gen version of F1, but the series is expected to debut on PS4 & Xbox One with next year's F1 2014.

Earlier this week, Codemasters said that it was "cooking up a storm" for the next-gen versions of F1, explaining that the new consoles will let it "enhance the driving and emotional experience for the F1 player".
F1 2013 launches on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC next Friday, October 4.

because their goal for next gen is to enhance the "driving and the emotional experience" -whatever that means-.
I hope it doesnt mean story mode

I wonder if GT Legends is from Simbin too. I might take a look in the internet...
It is and its £4.99 on steam

Demo :
http://www.gamershell.com/download_10319.shtml

There is also R-Factor (done by the same people who did f1 challenge)

it has some great mods including
F1 2009
F1 2010
F1 2011
F1 2012

I hope it doesnt mean story mode

It is and its £4.99 on steam

Demo :
http://www.gamershell.com/download_10319.shtml

There is also R-Factor (done by the same people who did f1 challenge)

it has some great mods including
F1 2009
F1 2010
F1 2011
F1 2012
I am downloading the demo already, thanks for sharing.

With reference to rFactor I know it but never played it. F1 Challenge is a different matter, and I know someone who is so passionate about that game and downloaded all the mods available for it that update the F1 cars, drivers, etc, his latest one is the F1 2013 mod for F1 challenge, although the physics and some other details change depending on the mod.

F1 Challenge was a wonderful game and the races were very realistic, where climbing up a position to a better place feels like real life races.

What did you think of GTL Cyan
I just downloaded the demo using the link you embedded above and installed it and configured the video options to 1280x600 windowed but I haven't played the game yet tbh.

I am contemplating to play it indeed in the upcoming days when I am going to be isolated from the world -no internet connection there- purely for personal reasons -work- and I am going to carry my laptop with me. Play time is going to be likely very limited depending on how I feel because my daily (or nocturnal mainly) routine is going to be comprised of this: getting out of bed, work, eating, work, 2-3 free hours, running off to bed, rinse and repeat for some time, I think this will be my daily life for approximately 3 weeks. I think I am not going to make GT Legends justice by playing it with the keyboard, but I am very curious about it....

Unrelated, but this will also let me play other PC games like Age of Empires 2 HD in my free time, if... once again, I am in the mood anyway.

Its out anyone have it yet
I don't, but I can play other F1 games on my console. I would buy it if there was a next gen version planned to be launched this year, but it isn't.

Codemasters said that they are going to wait til they get used to the new hardware, so it's kind of mixed news. It's bad news because of the delay, but it's good news to know that they are going to do an extra effort for the next generation with F1 2014. I can't wait....

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/...-is-approaching-next-generation-consoles.html

So I finnally bought it
The verdict, If you have one of the previous games your getting very little for your money
The a.i has been upgraded its much better now and more aggressive which is good
Retro mode is a gimmick you have 6 cars that go from 1980 to 1988 so your result is very car dependent
also in a retro gp your limited to 9 opponents.
Also the problem that has plagued the series from the start is still with us, profile corruption
makes the career mode useless because there is a chance your save games will disappear before you can finish a career

Back