World's best looking car game *stupid smackdown thread of Sigh-Ents and Tacky-Cal

It can't be the best looking racer, I read that same remark in another thread and we know this is not a subjective thing. ;)

It can't be the best looking racer, I read that same remark in another thread and we know this is not a subjective thing. ;)

Perhaps we are finally encountering some kind of quantum subversion effect!! The sheer pressure of divergent opinion is causing the formation of new Universes based around a kind of Schrodinger effect. Where the actual game and objective reality encompassed by the physical action of actually playing it replaces the cat. The divergent opinions are the all of everything effect.

Soon it won't matter what anyone believes or experiences. Your slice of subjective reality with the game will just take place in another Universe entirely!!

Last edited by a moderator:
^That does look great. I expect that level of visuals from PD and GT7.

Benefit of Project Cars is that they can just keep chucking hardware at it to get it looking photo realistic and it comes damn close in some of the latest builds.....

Chucking hardware at a game is a luxury that even PD do not have...

That looks on par with Forza 5...only difference is the lighting is overcast.
LOL, sorry but... no.

Benefit of Project Cars is that they can just keep chucking hardware at it to get it looking photo realistic and it comes damn close in some of the latest builds.....

Chucking hardware at a game is a luxury that even PD do not have...
True, but PD have great artists and what they've achieved on the PS3 with the lighting and shaders on the cars is incredible. I mean GT5 definitely has inconsistencies in terms of the visuals, but when it looks good, it looks great. Some of the tracks look pretty bland, but I think the PS4 will give them the hardware to make a much more consistent and better looking game.

You're using promo shots. If you want to use promo shots to compare games, then current-gen GT6 matches up with next-gen fairly well.

http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Pagani-Huayra-11_73Front.jpg
http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Pagani-Huayra-11_73Rear.jpg
http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Pagani-Huayra_exterior01.jpg

Not to mention Forza doesn't have weather, night racing or dynamic lighting.

edit: on second view of the Project Cars trailer, it is hit and miss, but there are some very impressive parts in that video, and that screenshot is pretty impressive.

almighty, Project Cars... I am going to give it the benefit of the doubt, but I won't say much on it til it is launched. For now games like this Driveclub are a reality, or very close to being one in the near future. Does anyone know what will be the final framerate of Driveclub?

It shall be interesting to know, 'cos for me it is important. I am playing SBK X and MotoGP 13 on the Xbox 360 now -well, I will play the full version of this one tomorrow, I just played the demo today- and both run at 30 fps and those are the perfect type of game to run at 60 fps.

I have beta access to Project Cars and the environment was really ugly last time I checked. Just the cars look good.

Neither that picture nor that video looked convincingly real in any but a very few special cases (eg. closeup of a door panel, can't see much else). The environments are clearly a computer game. The cars often look like computer game objects. Sometimes it looks fairly convincingly like CG, but never did it look like iot could be real life.

And that's true for all car games shown thus far. Every one of 'em can create a photo-like screen shot, or short video clip, especially with a bit of post effect applied, or taken off-screen. But none of them looks even remotely real across the entire game. Honestly, anyone who thinks their car-game of choice looks photorealistic should Google some images of whatever car and environment are in their ideal photographs. The only time computer games currently get close is photo modes with photograph environments and reflections, which makes half the content actual photographs which is cheating!

Back