AMD GPU14 Tech Day Event - Sept 25'th

What the shit's going on here? Get these two bozos off the stage and talk about GRAPHICS TECH, okay? That's what we're sitting here wasting our time for. Jesus.

Man... is anything of substance going to be said about how the GCN architecture was improved, or even about the TrueAudio implementation (even though I personally am a lot less interested in that aspect of things)? Am I just expecting way too much from a PR event?

Man... is anything of substance going to be said about how the GCN architecture was improved, or even about the TrueAudio implementation (even though I personally am a lot less interested in that aspect of things)? Am I just expecting way too much from a PR event?

It seems is only more Cus in the r9-290 x.But new?.Pfff...

AMD really need to tighten up - this presentation would have been a lot better if it had been cut down to 1 hour.

Wow.... The comment spammers finally stopped spamming. Guess even craphead, brainless trolls get tired of trolling eventually. Amazing, yeah, I know. :rolleyes:

Unless this notably improves on the last stretches, this has been the worst presentation / event I have watched / attended in years:oops:

This is getting painful. I'm still watching because I'm hoping for actual information, but dear God…

For R9 chip being such a groundbreaking graphics milestone - as AMD claims anyway - they're spending an awful awful lot of time on sound. Super weird.

It's their new thing to pimp, just like TressFX before, and like Nvidia does with Phys-X etc.

Seems like it could be a meaningful sales differentiator, we'll see.

Seems like it could be a meaningful sales differentiator, we'll see.

Only to the extent in which having a pink tachometer in a Ferrari is a meaningful sales differentiator. The new cooler shroud would have been a more meaningful sales differentiator.

One thing odd, from Anand's liveblog:

04:14PM EDT - R9 270X, 2GB GDDR5, $199, > 5500 Firestrike

And

Wild guess based on AMD's specs and features listed so far. 290 = New GPU. 280 = Tahiti. 270 = Pitcairn. 260 = Bonaire. 250 = Cape Verde or Oland

According to this, it fits for Tahiti, but Pitcairn 7870 only gets ~4700 Fire Strike according to this http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/feature-3dmark-fire-strike-desktop-gpu-performance-review

It's a 2 GB card which seemingly rules out Tahiti.

So yeah, an apparent discrepancy, I hope they have some turbocharged Pitcairn for 199 (you can get a 7950 on sale now though for close IIRC).

Yeah, it's a pretty awful presentation. I'd be embarrassed to be involved with it. 5 minutes talking about your new uber imba graphics card and two hours and ten minutes about anything and everything else but graphics cards.

:rolleyes:

sorry AMD team, but worst presentation on a long time... Chris Roberts spending 10 minutes running in the hangar and showing cockpits... common, nothing more interesting ? I don't know... maybe CGN architecture improvements...
livestream stats show 29k audience at beginning and now around 16k. half of the audience left in one hour... it says it all...

Back