*spin-off* Ryse Trade-Offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an important consideration - what's the source of these two images for comparison, and are they even comparing the models at different polygon resolutions, or are they different builds using same geometry? Given the source is GAF, I imagine the comparison is complete and utter bollocks showing jack shit but giving them plenty of material for powering their endless noise-generation protocol...

Until we get source data, those screenshots serve no purpose other than to show there are different, unqualified visual references out there.

The source of the second image is from Cevat Dice2013 europe presentation..
Timestamp:1:25:37
http://www.twitch.tv/dice/b/465212354

Also the presentation people first heard of the 85k number.

The capture they show from Xbox One looks more similar to the 2nd pic, I think. Who knows. Unless they're using bullshots in their presentation, then the 2nd pic is probably what the real deal looks like now.

So comparing the two pictures is valid and Shortbread is wrong ...

Well, the picture is newer than the video, and the comparison is between two similar things (same scene).

Anyway, we don't know how old are the build in the Shortbread video.

So comparing the two pictures is valid and Shortbread is wrong ...

That's possible... however, it doesn't take away from the fact "there is" an obvious difference between the PC-XB1 build and the actual XB1 build. For instance, the pillars and ground textures/shaders have been reduced in quality in the actual XB1 build. I'm not denying the up-close cutscenes hasn't changed for the better - but the actual gameplay and overall aesthetics has. If you guys truly believe a reduction in resolution, pixel count, polygon count doesn't show... then more power to you, because I can. If you would like me to do screen grabs of these issues, then I surely will, late tonight. And yes, there is still clipping going on in the recent videos...

That's possible... however, it doesn't take away from the fact "there is" an obvious difference between the PC-XB1 build and the actual XB1 build. For instance, the pillars and ground textures/shaders have been reduced in quality in the actual XB1 build. I'm not denying the up-close cutscenes hasn't changed for the better - but the actual gameplay and overall aesthetics has. If you guys truly believe a reduction in resolution, pixel count, polygon count doesn't show... then more power to you, because I can. If you would like me to do screen grabs of these issues, then I surely will, late tonight. And yes, there is still clipping going on in the recent videos...

They look muddy because of up scaling. There is actually more objects in the post shot people and soldiers on the bridge more pillars closer by marius.
Best scenario would be 1080p but yeah we cant have our cake and eat it.
Still its pretty clean from jaggies.

Wondering why crytek didn't opted for 1920*800 black bars kinda like BF3 on current gen without upscaling or give the option to upscale in a menu. its 96k pixels more so maybe that is why.

The capture they show from Xbox One looks more similar to the 2nd pic, I think. Who knows. Unless they're using bullshots in their presentation, then the 2nd pic is probably what the real deal looks like now.

Wasn't there mention (someone in this thread) or the other Ryse thread, mentioned that Crytek released some doctored shots for promotional reasons?

Wasn't there mention (someone in this thread) or the other Ryse thread, mentioned that Crytek released some doctored shots for promotional reasons?

No clue, don't care. Until we actually see a new direct gameplay vid to compare to the footage in the presentation, I'm not going to guess.

No microsoft pr did they photoshoped away the clipping in the before shot.
Big cryfest over it while it could be solved by placing the armor at a different position.
Edit:Or just remove it completely like in the after shot.

Wondering why crytek didn't opted for 1920*800 black bars kinda like BF3 on current gen without upscaling or give the option to upscale in a menu. its 96k pixels more so maybe that is why.

Or they just never thought of it. Might be a tad too late to switch considering the cinematic cameras (what the director wants you to see etc).

I don't hate anyone. It just amuses me the emotional investment and energy expenditure some people put forth. We see your type on B3D at the start of every console generation.

I've been a long time lurker... so, I'm not new here. As for my kind "I'm guessing PSFanboy" or worst. Should I take a picture of my XB original and XB360 on proving that wrong, or better yet a picture of my very large collection of every console that I own. Once again, stop taking things personal... but If you feel I have a XB1 hate agenda, please keep with that feeling if it makes you feel comfortable. At the end of the day, nothing but machines... ;)

Don't want to pollute this thread as it's being discussed in the Ryse 900p one, so if you could answerer this in there, so you think it looks worse now?

Honestly, i need to see more single player footage and ingame cutsceens too. from a technical standpoint it just lost it's edge. however from a gaming standpoint it might be more helpful for increasing action speed. the difference of 150,000 Vs 85,000 polygons is big as a number but during gameplay (for a slasher) such detail is rarely focused.

again more single player content is necessary to judge.

Thank you. Full context. The second image is a later image then.
For the full context, the first image can be found in the Xbox Wire Media Assets library -for developers-. It's dated July 29th 2013

http://news.xbox.com/media/?path=xbox-one-games/ryse-son-of-rome

Regarding the second one, the image is shown at 1:25:37 in the video that dragonelite shared, to be precise.

eastmen, I wonder if we will ever see Ryse Son of Rome running at 1080p when they improve the quality of the drivers.

Yep , the second image is from Crytec's presentation @ DICE 2013 Europe a couple days ago .
So it's a pic that shows the game in it's current state (for better or worse) and comparing before and after is possible .

I wonder what what's going on at Microsoft and Crytek HQ. Just a while ago Microsoft said there was no problems with the hardware and confirms Ryse to be 1080p native, yet we hear Crytek hacking the game down 50% from polygons to pixels. I wonder, what's reason behind this? the ESram? then ditch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back