Gone Home

warcrow

Regular
Hi guys!

Tomorrow I'm sitting down with Steve Gaynor to talk about the industry, indie gaming, BioShock 2, Minerva's Den, BioShock Infinite and mostly Gone Home.

Do you have any interesting questions I can pass on to him?

ask him if this will change indie gaming forever ? :O
ask him about the actual policies of PS4 and Xbone regarding Indies. and the kindof help we can expect from Sony or MS in putting our games out there on their networks.
Ask him tips on how one can get his game on PSN/XBL. What are the checkpoints Sony/MS look for?
Ask him about clever indie marketing strategies so that Indies can also garner the kind of publicity that only big budget titles achieve.

On Infinite :
Ask him why the vigours were being shipped in carts and carts in Bioshock Infinite but yet no one was using them. Is the main player a Dragon born that only he can use them? Why didn't Elizabeth drink them all and wreck havoc? Why didn't the rebels drink them all and become super heroes?

and ask him to play The Last of Us if he hasn't :yep2:

I just discovered that Gone Home uses the Unity 4 game engine. That's interesting to me as I'm a fan of The Longest Journey games and the upcoming one in the series uses that engine as well.

The first thing is that we’re using a well established and very good engine now – Unity.
the artists have worked in the Unity engine for a couple of years since leaving Funcom, so they know their way around it.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/08/journeys-end-dreamfall-chapters-interview-part-one/

If you speak again with him, I'd enjoy hearing about using the engine. I was very encouraged by what I read of Gone Home.

Back