Sony: Press Conference & Tokyo Game Show

Any word on the Vita TV being able to access all the (compatible) Vita/PSP/PSOne games from a person's Plus account?

Netflix app is out for the VITA, so another Netflix device, plus awesome device for games at a very good price..

yeah! :)

It's essentially a Vita in that box so I wouldn't see why not?

But AFAIK I can only have one Vita linked to a PSN account.

What if I already have a Vita linked to my PSN account and then get a Vita TV?
Can I also link a Vita TV and play my games in there, at the same time?

It is not difficult to change this sort of policies from the back end.

At the moment, I have authorized 2 Vita devices (1 lost and 1 still with me). I see both of them in my Sony entertainment networks account. They don't seem to mind. There is no warning about me exceeding my limit.

I do get a warning about me reaching the max. PS3 limit.

remote play too

Damn. So it's not a PS4 replicator. I'm sure they'll probably release a 1080p version later.

Update from sixthaxis

UPDATE: We’ve been sent a few more details on the system from Sony.

There will be a system software update to patch in DualShock 4 support. It can connect to other PS Vitas via ad hoc mode. Two DualShock 3 controllers can be paired to the system, allowing for playing PS1 titles. PS Vita can be used as a controller for some Wii U like functionality. Will support “nasne”, a networked recorder and media storage device

Haha, then the Vita backtouch is essentially a DS4 emulator. I assume VTV can take 2 DS4s as well ?

Tearaway may be the last game that uses the backtouch.

Yes you can. We would have an entry level SKU.

720p may perform better over more networks too.

Gaikai don't have to serve just one device, or one type of games.

A Day With PlayStation® Trailer (PS4+PS Vita+VitaTV)

I love this ad. It's so warm and inviting :)

Indeed. It also brings back nostalgia
Its the true Playstation vision :D
Brings all the worlds of digital entertainment together. Thats what I am talking about,
Sony gave the impression that they lacked vision and was terrible at the execution.
Lately they have been surprising me a lot. Its like a different company. They are really trying to get things right from the start and use fully their competitive advantages accumulated over the years from the PS legacy.
But most surprisingly they are looking forward. They are covering all fronts. If all these are any indication Sony is not a jack of all trades and a master of none any more.
I hope that the products at the hands of the consumer will be error-free and as flawless as demonstrated.

Back