Sony: Press Conference & Tokyo Game Show

Deep Down live gameplay demo on stage now. SCEA is working on the engine with Capcom. Levels are progressively generated, so are loot and monsters... There is a Sci-Fi layer to the game about exploring past memories. Set in New York in 2094. Graphics still look pretty good and the gameplay seems like Dark Souls.

Playable at TGS. I can't wait for high quality footage that isn't on this lo-fi stream! PS4 exclusive, it seems.

niconico support in addition to ustream and twitch for share features.

Wow, playable at TGS :D ! Didn't expect that at all !

HAs that Demons Souls oomph to the visuals. Can't see anything else int his stream.

Those with better connections: How are the graphics compared to the tech demo?

Cheaper that way, no doubt... Wonder what kind of LCD panel they'll use. There's a big difference depending on the base tech, but seeing as they've leveraged vita's colors from the start and especially in the PS4 reveal presentation, one can only hope they'll use something good.

Well, then I guess its time to buy a Vita right now before the oLED ones phase out !

Dont see much niche for it outside the Sony faithful/Neogaf. Especially in comparison to a proper Android micro console.

Well I see all my PSP and PS Vita games on my TV ! I can play Soul Sacrifice, God Eater , etc etc on my TV now.Much better than any Android console ! I can pput off the Vita Purchase now and instead get this and it automatically extends my PS4 to another TV too :D ! Win Win !

Why would you want an Android micro console at the same price? To play terrible touch games on your TV? Or would you rather get a Netflix/hulu streamer that has a huge library of games designed for a TV and controller?

PSVita TV Serves as a "terminal" for your PS4. It hooks up to the TV so you can basically have 1 PS4 and 1 PSVita TV to serve two different rooms/TV with one PS4.

PSVita TV Also plays PS VITA games so you can play on big screens too, which is a gospel for some of us that wants to live stream PSV games and couldn't before.

It's actually a very bright idea from Sony, especially @ 100 USD.

I thought Deep Down looked nice, but the flames are decidedly less impressive than the PS Event demo. They also hid the character faces, which was another impressive element from the original demo.

PS Vita TV: not sure what to make of it. A lot of the game content won't look good on TVs, and without touchscreen inputs I wonder how many Vita games will drop touch altogether. How will Tearaway work on this thing? On the other hand, I wish existing Vita owners could get in on the TV and dualshock connectivity with some sort of cable and firmware update.

Last edited by a moderator:
The terminal functionality was something I'd actually thought both PS4 and the Xbox One could have offered through apps on the PS3 and 360.

If the price is right and it mounts a good LCD i may consider changing the one i have.

What?!?!?! WHy ?:cry:

LCD doesn't have burn in. If I was getting a gaming handheld, that would seem a very good thing to me.

Not that I more than likely will ever in my life buy a handheld, they are not for me.

Probably a lot will depend on screen quality. I know in phones, a lot of tech editors seem to be of the opinion nowdays that the newest LCD's are the best screens, above OLED.

To me this Vita TV is an acknowledgment that there is a market for cheap console that neither the ps4 or XB1 will be able to address anytime soon. It is a market interested in both social/casual games and core games.
I think it is another showcase for the console limitation and how software is written, Sony is stuck to the PSV hardware whereas I suspect you can now have the perfs for cheaper or better perfs (and then there is the amount of RAM).

It reinforces my belief that some serious actors are to enter the show hence Sony proactive (that is a good thing) attitude on that front.

Yeah the only thing that worries me is touch. Unless those games will require a DS4? But it's a potentially brilliant move for a remoteplay teminal and for PS vita resurrection at $100 it undercuts the new 2DS. I just am in awe this wasn't leaked or even hinted at. Them Sony ninja's.

PA Vita TV could be 50 bucks in a year or two and easily upgradable with the latest tech should they choose to go that route.

Yeah the only thing that worries me is touch. Unless those games will require a DS4? But it's a potentially brilliant move for a remoteplay teminal and for PS vita resurrection at $100 it undercuts the new 2DS. I just am in awe this wasn't leaked or even hinted at. Them Sony ninja's.

PA Vita TV could be 50 bucks in a year or two and easily upgradable with the latest tech should they choose to go that route.

Any chance it will work with streaming service to allow access to PS3/PS4 content?

To me this Vita TV is an acknowledgment that there is a market for cheap console that neither the ps4 or XB1 will be able to address anytime soon. It is a market interested in both social/casual games and core games.
I think it is another showcase for the console limitation and how software is written, Sony is stuck to the PSV hardware whereas I suspect you can now have the perfs for cheaper or better perfs (and then there is the amount of RAM).

It reinforces my belief that some serious actors are to enter the show hence Sony proactive (that is a good thing) attitude on that front.

And PS Mobile is starting to get some good games, Sony should include preloaded a bunch a big PSX,PSP, and Vita titles. And really, Sony lower the price of the memory cards, nobody wants to pay 80 dollars for 32GB.

Back