Sony: Press Conference & Tokyo Game Show

Shortbread

Island Hopper
Legend
Figured I'd create a thread since both are around the corner...

http://gamer.blorge.com/2013/09/07/...ut-sony-streaming-japan-ps4-press-conference/

Sony announced plans to hold a special press conference in Japan Monday September 9th 2am EST, weeks ahead of its Tokyo Game Show press event. According to reports, Sony will be announcing its Japanese PS4 launch plans during the press conference and possibly a few surprises directed at the global audience.

Sony revealed that the Japanese press event will be translated and live streamed globally, possibly hinting at some news geared towards the audience outside of Japan. Sony will be showing over 50 PlayStation title at TGS with over ten PS4 games including a “deeper” look at Capcom’s beautiful looking Deep Down.

Odd that they choose to talk about PS4 in 2 sessions. May be one just to recap info already released in the west. And one for new info and more Japan specific ?

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/09/08/sony-promising-the-news-weve-been-waiting-for-tomorrow/
Finally, it’s coming to #TGS2013. Like before, SCEJA will have a press conference before the game show. I could only say: The news you’ve been waiting for, and the information beyond your expectation will both be revealed officially. So tomorrow, please do watch the live-stream and keep follow @PlayStation !Promise to bring surprise to you!
It's probably only about the date and price in japan, but what would be a surprising date? December? January?

I'd be surprised at 2013 in Japan. They dont seem to have a lot of units judging by very hard to find preorders in the USA.

Well, my first bet would have been February, so January is the treshold for surprise :LOL:

I don't think Sony will let Japan pass the worldwide launch. I t should be November in their home country.

Is there any chance of a new game or Deep Down being shown in detail?

I'd be surprised at 2013 in Japan. They dont seem to have a lot of units judging by very hard to find preorders in the USA.
Launching in 32 countries makes it seem like they don't have a lot of units?

I wouldn't be surprised if they it launched sometime in December of 2013. My prediction: December 13th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't Vita launch in late December in Japan? There is precedent for that timing. I think the timing probably has more to do with having homegrown software ready, not supply.

I'm really curious to see how the Japanese development community responds to PS4. In many ways I think of PS3/360 as being a lost generation for Japan. So many Japanese developers failed to adapt to HD and retreated to handheld so they could keep making the kind of games they knew how to make. In some ways I think Cerny's rhetoric about "time to triangle" and recapturing the PS1 era of experimentation is in some ways targeted not just at indies, but at all the niche Japanese developers who stayed on PSP and 3DS because they couldn't afford to develop on PS3 and didn't have a market on 360.

Back