Halo Master Chief Collection [H:MCC] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

That documentary certainly raised my hype level up another notch.

Loved seeing Stevie make his trademark facial expressions while recording some new shred for the soundtrack. He looks like he's somewhere between orgasm and Dang-I-just-stubbed-my-toe.

The big surprise for me was seeing that Nile Rodgers was involved. Legend. Shame he didn't actually play on the soundtrack.

I'd really love to get some impressions of splitscreen gameplay in each game as that's where I'll be spending the majority of my time. There's nothing quite like couch co-op legendary Halo campaign gameplay.

Traditionally the splitscreen has been a bit choppy, but if the games are all 60fps in singleplayer now then hopefully they can maintain a good level of detail and have a nice smooth v-synced 30fps in splitscreen.

That documentary certainly raised my hype level up another notch.

Loved seeing Stevie make his trademark facial expressions while recording some new shred for the soundtrack. He looks like he's somewhere between orgasm and Dang-I-just-stubbed-my-toe.

The big surprise for me was seeing that Nile Rodgers was involved. Legend. Shame he didn't actually play on the soundtrack.

I'd really love to get some impressions of splitscreen gameplay in each game as that's where I'll be spending the majority of my time. There's nothing quite like couch co-op legendary Halo campaign gameplay.

Traditionally the splitscreen has been a bit choppy, but if the games are all 60fps in singleplayer now then hopefully they can maintain a good level of detail and have a nice smooth v-synced 30fps in splitscreen.
:smile2: By watching the documentary I also realised that what NRP and Alnets mentioned about Cortana looking weird, is now somewhat odd to me.

I mean, after seeing Beckie King :love::love: playing the motion capture of Cortana I don't understand why she shouldn't look like the current iterations of her. Beckie King is absolutely gorgeous and also looks more like Halo 4's Cortana, she is a real human and an actual match to the AI.

So I guess the only weirdness you get from is not caused by the actual Cortana, but the jump from the "uncanny valley" computer animated graphics to motion capturing an actual human. :smile: And then I love this Halo 2 anniversary Cortana more than any other before, 'cos of that!! :p

IMO despite that the game suffer from low polygon and resolution , texture quality/filtering and dynamic lights/reflections looks really really great.

6tbegxthzwphjrvjme6c.jpg

6scpii9su0g3dk9w98m1.jpg

gzm8pegxqzz5qu195vbr.jpg

37d81lbh49srhz98jc2m.jpg

coerguz9jje8h7azkjf5.jpg

9950623q3fafx2a9d7gq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Shaving off 5Gb is quite considerable. Lego Marvel Superheroes entire game is 6Gb!!

Shaving off 5Gb is quite considerable. Lego Marvel Superheroes entire game is 6Gb!!

The most likely padded the package for faster internet access, then they remembered the internet isn't a PS3 Blu Ray and everything would run from a Hard Drive /facepalm

Oh yeah, the MCC is already on my Bone's hard drive.

Man, I can't believe it's been so long since back in late 2001 when I was showing Halo to a coworker. We were driving around in a Warthog on Silent Cartographer, just in absolute awe of the game. Never really seen anything like it on consoles before that. Blown. A. Way.

I remember the first time I looked at the grass textures. ;)

I remember wasting an army's worth of ammo on shooting Forerunner metal just for the sparks. :p

So people will never be satisfied.

Not until it's on Steam. ;) *cough*

It's probably best to keep certain expectations in line with the HW anyway. For that particular case, I'd guess that the edge detection doesn't work on mis-matched resolutions and they don't want to spend any more frametime trying to fix that up.

So do we have confirmation that 4 player splitscreen multiplayer is supported for all 4 titles?

And can you take 4 split-screen players and take them to play online too?

It's time to celebrate
Halo: The Master Chief Collection Day-One Update Reduced to only 15 GB
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-the-master-chief-collection-day-one-update-re/1100-6423406/

ps: sorry if you already know this
Thanks, it's not much but those 5GB are a blessing for me, as I am running out of space on my Xbox One stock HD.

So do we have confirmation that 4 player splitscreen multiplayer is supported for all 4 titles?

And can you take 4 split-screen players and take them to play online too?
afaik, someone correct if I am wrong, the game has local coop of up to 2 players -Halo 1 and 2- and up to 4 players for Halo 3 and Halo 4, though I am not sure it that's just online coop or local coop.

Last edited by a moderator:
afaik, someone correct if I am wrong, the game has local coop of up to 2 players -Halo 1 and 2- and up to 4 players for Halo 3 and Halo 4, though I am not sure it that's just online coop or local coop.

Halo 3 and 4 Two local co-op and Four co-op online for campaign but you can be two by console, Halo 3 four local co-op multi, Halo 4 don't remember seeing 4 co-op local in multi.

Back