Sony Gamescom 2013 conference

Not expecting anything big as Sony are very comfortable with their position at present. Maybe an upgrade to the PSN plus offering to counter the FIFA offer. Maybe knack and full blown drive club to be offered as they are both in house.

Will be a pretty boring conference in my opinion. Of course if someone can tell me Evan Wells is there I might change my outlook lol

I hope they show PS4 for real, UI and experience. And what the hell the camera is supposed to do, if anything! There's lots of potential to be really boring though.

3 hours? - Sheesh. This is pretty much destined to be boring. That said, maybe they finally make the time for some much-needed Vita love (and no, telling me my expensive handheld can also stream PS4 games isn't what I mean by that). Sony pretty much ignored the thing ever since its first public unveiling.

Where did you read it was three hours? If it's three hours long, I'd want a detailed reveal of what Sony's AAA devs are doing - those conspicuous by their absence like Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica etc. A proper look at the PS4's operating system, it's capabilities, and apps like Netflix, Sony's their streaming movie/tv/music plans explained in detail, a look at PSN common interfaces, the new PS Store.

I want to see what I'll be using and how I'll be using it.

3 hours? - Sheesh. This is pretty much destined to be boring. That said, maybe they finally make the time for some much-needed Vita love (and no, telling me my expensive handheld can also stream PS4 games isn't what I mean by that). Sony pretty much ignored the thing ever since its first public unveiling.

How long's the livestream ?
It can't be 3 hours. Their 1 hour presentations weren't that great usually.

The 3 hour slot probably includes third party presentations and interviews.

That's what the official Playstation Blog says.

Aye Curumba!

Official EU PlayStation blog said:
The livestream will kick off right here at 6.00pm BST/7.00pm CET, with around three hours of pure PlayStation entertainment lined up for the evening. Once the press conference has concluded, please stay on the stream for interviews and new trailers, before our live panel discussion begins at around 8.00pm BST/9.00pm GMT.

Argh. But ok, that includes a panel thing - so two hours. Still long - depending on what they show.

2 hours ???? I hope they show Santa Monica's new game ! Please Pretty please ! Otherwise I have no idea what will they do for 2 hours ! We already know what is to know about the PS4 !Except the launch date, but that takes 5 mins to announce :LOL:

Anyways, I am ready....I can watch for an hour, if its boring, I will give up.

Anyways, I am ready....I can watch for an hour, if its boring, I will give up.

It's Sony! They'll probably release the juicy info near the end. I expect an hour rehash of their February event and E3. Same games, same demos. Probably some jabs at Microsoft if Jack Tretton is there because that man just can't help himself :???:

But I really hope it's mostly new stuff. I'm just not optimistic.

I hope they'll announce an incredible 53Mhz GPU upclock; and maybe they somehow managed to increase memory bandwidth by unleashing some hidden flux potential?

Most importantly, their press conference will just be a total failure if they don't tell us that they magically found a few more CPU cores and another 8GB of RAM (making it 16GB in total) which their engineers just accidentally "overlooked" so far ...

I hope they'll announce an incredible 53Mhz GPU upclock; and maybe they somehow managed to increase memory bandwidth by unleashing some hidden flux potential?

Most importantly, their press conference will just be a total failure if they don't tell us that they magically found a few more CPU cores and another 8GB of RAM (making it 16GB in total) which their engineers just accidentally "overlooked" so far ...

:LOL:

They are just finishing the Vita redesign. Some last minute air brush touches. Give them a few more minutes.

Back